Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok time to show snkae some Loooove.

Here's my WIP Naked Snake with the wonderful CLoudfitters head.
With two alternate head. One will be zombie camo and the other one tiger stirped camo.
Actually the one without camo is for cloudfitter.

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4481.jpg

IMG_4479.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg

That looks so awesome !

I love the eyes on it , very insperation piece.

This thread's been quite... did any of you guys get Cold War Snake?

I'm also curious. I'm new to 1/6, and I've heard that the MGS RAH figures are shorter than typical 12" figures... does the cold war snake have an updated body, or is it the same old same old? I've got both the Squares and Tiger on preorder with BBTS right now. If anybody knows a cheaper reliable site please let me know.

I'm also curious. I'm new to 1/6, and I've heard that the MGS RAH figures are shorter than typical 12" figures... does the cold war snake have an updated body, or is it the same old same old? I've got both the Squares and Tiger on preorder with BBTS right now. If anybody knows a cheaper reliable site please let me know.

Honestly, I have no idea if Medicom has used the RAH-301 body, or if they've gone back to the old body, for these Snake figures. We'll just have to wait and see. Cold War Snake is already out, but I'm surprised that no one has posted a figure review as yet. I guess that it's the case that Cold War Snake isn't as popular as the other figures :lol.

In my opinion, it only makes sense that Medicom has used the 301 body for these new Snakes. After all, the 301 was used for both Old Snake and Raiden, and it only seems logical to assume that Medi would continue to use the 301 for their future MGS figures.

Anyways, regardless if the 301 body is used, or not, Medi figures will not be in scale with other 1/6 figures in your collection. That's the sad truth.

Their dark knight figures are in scale with other manufacturers, so hopefully the Snake's will be.

I found some Youtube reviews of Cold War snake. Enjoy! :monkey1

Good size comparison between 12" Solid Snake and RAH Cold War Snake. Part 4 of 4 videos reviewing this guy! Did he really need that many videos to review it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEIW5Z7oVBk
PS, this guys a BIG FAN, so he doesn't want to complain about the height or anything :rolleyes:

Another comparison at about 3:00 with BR Joker from Hot Toys. Apparently Snake is quite a bit shorter. :monkey2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LdMhw0bG3o

And just one more review of the actual figure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6xd6q_8yO0

Here is another excellent set of photos that compare the new Cold War snake with other 12" figures, including some of the old RAH Naked Snake/Big Boss releases.
https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/search?q=metal+gear+solid

Meh...I'm not impressed. I'm glad the MGS fans are getting some figures, but Medicom doesn't even seem to be trying anymore. After seeing what Hot Toys can give and Sideshow stepping up their game with the GI Joe line, Medicom seems..... half-arsed.

Just bought the set of 6 on ebay for 48$,not a bad price really.

Last edited:
Meh...I'm not impressed. I'm glad the MGS fans are getting some figures, but Medicom doesn't even seem to be trying anymore. After seeing what Hot Toys can give and Sideshow stepping up their game with the GI Joe line, Medicom seems..... half-arsed.

Very true. Medicom has been releasing the same MGS figure for five years, except with differeent facepaints and different camos. Essentially, Cold War Snake is just a straght up re-release of the Croc cap Snake.

At the rate Sideshow, Hot Toys, and Popcultureshock are usurping videogame licenses, it won't surprise me when one of them starts doing MGS collectibles. Medicom has been too complacent.

At the rate Sideshow, Hot Toys, and Popcultureshock are usurping videogame licenses, it won't surprise me when one of them starts doing MGS collectibles. Medicom has been too complacent.

I know I sound like the token Hot Toys fanboy, but I would definitely be in for a line up MGS figures from them. I would need at the LEAST:
Snake
Big Boss
Revolver Ocelot
Any or all of the Cobra unit from Snake Eater.

2 of my dream figures would be a Solid Snake 1 & 2 from Hot toys. I drool at the thought of what they could do with it...

Back