Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Medicom..

pafm.jpg

Okay, what's the story behind this?! :lol

I think your lighting is simply amazing Jason, it simply brings that certain atmosphere that makes people go wow when they enter your room. :clap

Okay, what's the story behind this?! :lol

Accumulated damage over the for 8 years I had Snake. Although I've never played with him, most of the damage came from spending too long inside the package. Both his shoulders are broken, so are his leg joints & bandanna. And you can see his undersuit has rot. Ughh.

Accumulated damage over the for 8 years I had Snake. Although I've never played with him, most of the damage came from spending too long inside the package. Both his shoulders are broken, so are his leg joints & bandanna. And you can see his undersuit has rot. Ughh.

WHAAATT?!?!!!! :horror

Omg... I've had my figure in the box for over four years. This has made me very concerned.

WHAAATT?!?!!!! :horror

Omg... I've had my figure in the box for over four years. This has made me very concerned.

I've known some cats who had their Medicom MGS figures rot inside the packaging so I think you might wanna take a look, like right away. :lol Didn't someone posted his OD Snake yellowing from being too long in the box?

Just look at my suit man! Arghh!

How are the Medicom RAHs packaged anyway? I know some packaging can be fatal, like some bags being acidic.

That thing is almost nightmare fuel though

I've known some cats who had their Medicom MGS figures rot inside the packaging so I think you might wanna take a look, like right away. :lol Didn't someone posted his OD Snake yellowing from being too long in the box?

Yeah, that was Rock82, who had the yellowing on his Snake figure. Good lord. I spent $310 for my Croc Cap, and a fair amount for Raiden and Old Snake, too :slap.

I'll check on Wednesday. Expect pics if I find anything horrific.

How are the Medicom RAHs packaged anyway? I know some packaging can be fatal, like some bags being acidic.

That thing is almost nightmare fuel though

They're packaged very well actually, similar to a regular HT/PAK figure. It's just that the materials (especially rubber) have to be well taken care of and not let heat or humidity get inside the plastic tray.

Yeah, that was Rock82, who had the yellowing on his Snake figure. Good lord. I spent $310 for my Croc Cap, and a fair amount for Raiden and Old Snake, too :slap.

I'll check on Wednesday. Expect pics if I find anything horrific.

I thought this was common knowledge. Man I hope they'll be fine!

I thought this was common knowledge. Man I hope they'll be fine!

Well, I knew that the rubber on Old Snake could develop issues from staying in the box too long. I checked mine several months ago and it was fine. But, I would have never thought that Croc Cap would disintegrate like that :monkey4. This is a real shocker.

Just look at my suit man! Arghh!

Oh wow, what climate do you live in? I've had mine in the box and seems fine to me.
I like in the Uk

Oh wow, what climate do you live in? I've had mine in the box and seems fine to me.
I like in the Uk

Yeah, I was about to say that climate will be the main contributor to the deterioration. I live in a tropical climate (Malaysia) so it's pretty much summer all the time. Still though:

z5vh.jpg

I have my figures stored away in a dry place. I hope all is well with my croc cap. I would love to check now, but I'll have to unpack and rummage through a heap of figure boxes. Definitely on Wednesday. Man, oh man....

That means Solidus shouldn't have to worry too much...but wow, that sucks Ryan. I'm from a fairly humid area so I know what you mean.

Anyhoo, since I spent the day performing surgery on Snake resculpting and reattaching his limbs, here's him in better health now. Seem like Keifer Sutherland paid him visit though. :monkey3

hm93.jpg

Back