Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all! Just started collecting and been creeping your talks for a few months! Just wanted to say hello.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 4

Welcome to SSF! That's a great start to a collection. The 1/6 MGS figs from Medi are really becoming rare.

Hope you enjoy it here :duff

I just saw that it was confirmed an MGS4 raiden is getting made by HotToys :yess::clap Im betting OldSnake is a given too. I'm soo pumped, next maybe MGS2 Snake?

Remember that poll Hot Toys made asking the most wanted MGS characters? MGS4 raiden was #1 and MGS2 Snake was 2nd

Haven't seen you around in a while, zombie! I think it'll be a few years until Hot Toys gets to making new VGM figures at their current pace. But, at least Howard announced that they're still doing MGS.

I just saw that it was confirmed an MGS4 raiden is getting made by HotToys :yess::clap Im betting OldSnake is a given too. I'm soo pumped, next maybe MGS2 Snake?

Remember that poll Hot Toys made asking the most wanted MGS characters? MGS4 raiden was #1 and MGS2 Snake was 2nd

Never really was a fan of MGS4 Old Snake. I dunno. I just didn't like the design. But I do love MGS2 Snake's design, so that's pretty cool.

Plus.. maybe people here actually get what they have wanted all along. I know a lot of people have been pining for a good MGS2 Snake for a long time.

Never really was a fan of MGS4 Old Snake. I dunno. I just didn't like the design. But I do love MGS2 Snake's design, so that's pretty cool.

Plus.. maybe people here actually get what they have wanted all along. I know a lot of people have been pining for a good MGS2 Snake for a long time.

Problem is that if we ever get a MGS2 Snake, it'll probably be the revamped version with Big Boss's head. Old characters of MGS will almost certainly be re-imagined in some way.

Problem is that if we ever get a MGS2 Snake, it'll probably be the revamped version with Big Boss's head. Old characters of MGS will almost certainly be re-imagined in some way.

That's why I'm so thankful for that custom figure. Hot Toys can do whatever they want with MGS 2 Snake (whenever they plan on releasing it). But at least we know, that we'll have a Snake figure that's accurate to the game.

That's why I'm so thankful for that custom figure. Hot Toys can do whatever they want with MGS 2 Snake (whenever they plan on releasing it). But at least we know, that we'll have a Snake figure that's accurate to the game.

:goodpost::exactly:

My PAK Red Ninja arrived today, awesome figure. This is easily one of the best collectibles I've ever purchased. The Fox head is definitely worth the price of admission. Solid, Cyborg Ninja, Meryl, and Solidus should be here tomorrow. Then I'm just waiting my second Cyborg Ninja to arrive and for Liquid & Raiden to be released. I'm definitely going to pick up a second MGS2 Raiden after seeing how nice Red Ninja is. I don't feel like chancing it and waiting until later and have to pay a premium again, lol.

Thanks. Yup, that's for sure. It's a superb figure. Plus it doesn't hurt that it's an actual in game variation which makes it even more valuable to me.

Speaking of variants.. I've trying to find a way to take the PW Miller figure and customize him into the MGS1 version. The head sculpt is fantastic, and the body from the waist down is fine, but I can't find any substitute for the upper body to get that sleeveless shirt look. I don't think it would be hard to sand down and resculpt Miller's hair and add a pony tail, maybe touch up the paint to make him look a bit older. It's probably not worth effort, but it would still be cool to have.

You can try and make a human-like repaint with gray fox's torso maybe? is the only, non-clothes mgs figure I can think of.
Or you can use liquid's upper torso and set him up like a foxhound member

Yeah, I was thinking about using Liquid Snake too. Then it's just finding the right arms. Once I get a few more PAK figures in hand I'll be able to see what kind of kit bashing I can do between lines and see if I can find something that would work.

Then again, I'm really hoping that SQEX will do a Liquid Snake sans jacket variant (and maybe include a sleeved arm huh? LOL).

Well you would just need to take the left arm out of the socket and reverse the position of the elbow and stick it on the right shoulder.

I was thinking the same. May look bad, gonna wait til someone else does it. Im gonna do that with my soliduss. Mix and match opened and closed tentacles on one as well as having both variations of him with and without them. If i can mix the arms on the liquids i can have one with both sleeves up and one with them down. I doubt itll look right, im not keeping my hopes up...........

sent from a tormented past

Right, but wouldn't it still look like a forearm that's been reversed? If you do it and it looks I'll probably try it as well.

I just don't what they were thinking. If you're going to make one sleeve rolled up, then at least include a fully sleeved arm, or a rolled up sleeve part for the other arm.

Back