Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that jacket on MGS4 Raiden. soo bad ass!

just saw this gamespot vid of the Square-eix booth at comic-con.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCo0kss7m7E"]Square Enix - Comic-Con 2011 Booth Tour - YouTube[/ame]

if you go to 1.30 mark the guy says that the figures are big compared to the other Play Arts and they're slated for an early 2012 release (hopefully sooner)

i wished PlayArts released the prototype coloring aswell, really love it for some reason.

WOW, I had no idea that there was so much cool MGS stuff out there. Great collections and pics. I have a friend that emailed me a picture of a big Metal Gear being produced by some company with a "3" in it, maybe. Does anybody know anything about that? I'm sorry if that has been covered. I'm still wet behind the ears. :)

WOW, I had no idea that there was so much cool MGS stuff out there. Great collections and pics. I have a friend that emailed me a picture of a big Metal Gear being produced by some company with a "3" in it, maybe. Does anybody know anything about that? I'm sorry if that has been covered. I'm still wet behind the ears. :)

Oh yeah, this stuff goes for $$$ aswell haha. alot more stuff coming out through the next year:)

what your talkin about is ThreeA(3a) heres a pic of a proto
rex.jpg

Ash( the creator) says its gonna come with a mini snake figure too:clap

if you wanna get this baby it comes out at some point this year. My advice is to join as a member on the bambland store website, cause when stuff goes on sale its gone very quickly!

Oh yeah, this stuff goes for $$$ aswell haha. alot more stuff coming out through the next year:)

rex.jpg

if you wanna get this baby it comes out at some point this year. My advice is to join as a member on the bambland store website, cause when stuff goes on sale its gone very quickly!

That was a wealth of info. Thank you! :)

rex.jpg

Ashley Wood is a troll. Rex was supposed to be released since December 2009, then it got "delayed". Then he lied when he promised to showcase it at SDCC this year. Even the unpainted and unfinished Play Arts MGS 1 figures got showcased to high anticipation. He really has no excuse at this point in time. I think it's safe to assume that his project got canned.

Ashley Wood is a troll. Rex was supposed to be released since December 2009, then it got "delayed". Then he lied when he promised to showcase it at SDCC this year. Even the unpainted and unfinished Play Arts MGS 1 figures got showcased to high anticipation. He really has no excuse at this point in time. I think it's safe to assume that his project got canned.

It has had its problems but it was never announced to release until this year. In his blog he did explain certain problems like it having several redesigns or it not being able to stand up properly because its too heavy. He's also doing a MG Ray, which he said was finished some time ago but he'll release Rex first.

I can definitely tell you its not canned, thats for sure.

as for the play arts, they seem to pump out their sculpts pretty damn quick, look how many were shown at Comic-con alone! the issue with 3A is the only designer/sculptor is Ash himself, i believe. Now that explains the pace that all his stuff goes at.
im guessing he didn't want to show rex at comic-con because its not yet reached its final version, but i know how ya feel ive been waiting just as long :impatient:

It has had its problems but it was never announced to release until this year. In his blog he did explain certain problems like it having several redesigns or it not being able to stand up properly because its too heavy. He's also doing a MG Ray, which he said was finished some time ago but he'll release Rex first.

I can definitely tell you its not canned, thats for sure.

as for the play arts, they seem to pump out their sculpts pretty damn quick, look how many were shown at Comic-con alone! the issue with 3A is the only designer/sculptor is Ash himself, i believe. Now that explains the pace that all his stuff goes at.
im guessing he didn't want to show rex at comic-con because its not yet reached its final version, but i know how ya feel ive been waiting just as long :impatient:

Well, the photos from 2009 showed Rex standing up pretty well. I think that the "re-designs" that he mentioned, probably meant that he was forced to cost-cut the heck out of the figure only to get rejected by Konami every single time because it'll be priced too high for the market :lol. Whatever the case, this figure has taken way too long for me to keep my interest right now. I don't even want to think about how long it'll take for Ray get released.

Amazing collection rampagesss!
I was wondering, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get that coat for your Raiden? I have been searching for one as well and some people said they used the Sideshow's Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer's coat, but that one seems to fit much looser compared to how nice yours looks. :)

Have been waiting for that Rex for so long now! And cant wait for the Play Arts MGS Snake and Ninja to come out.
Also just ordered the Inflames x Head play Metal Gear solid 3 Eater snake metal boss 1/6 boxset. Ordered two of them so i can have them in both camo's :)

Also does anyone know if there is anything close in 1/6 scale of the halo mask Snake wares in MGS3?
metal-gear-solid-3-snake-halo-suit.jpg

metal-gear-solid-3-snake-halo-jump.jpg

Would like to have one next to snake but can't find anything close

Awesome collection rampagesss!
May I ask where you got the coat for Raiden from? I heard some people were using the coat from SideShow's Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer but that coat does not seem to fit as well as the one you are using in the photo. :)

PS: Speaking of Rex, I cannot wait for the release of him and Ray. I just joined 3A earlier this year because I heard Rex was coming out this year (although the release has been delayed for years now :p). Rex is also going to have a light-up LED railgun from what I read on the ThreeA blog and forums. They released a teaser video of the lights a while back. ;)

Last edited:
Awesome collection rampagesss!
May I ask where you got the coat for Raiden from? I heard some people were using the coat from SideShow's Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer but that coat does not seem to fit as well as the one you are using in the photo. :)
;)

Its from Bio Hazard/Resident Evil 5 Albert Wesker and it fits perfect
wesker.jpg

Have been waiting for that Rex for so long now! And cant wait for the Play Arts MGS Snake and Ninja to come out.
Also just ordered the Inflames x Head play Metal Gear solid 3 Eater snake metal boss 1/6 boxset. Ordered two of them so i can have them in both camo's :)

i bought 2 aswell i think they are cheap for 140, but im keeping one inbox and making the other one look like hes from snake eater, cause lets all be honest everyone knows snake eater was the best lol hahaha

i bought 2 aswell i think they are cheap for 140, but im keeping one inbox and making the other one look like hes from snake eater, cause lets all be honest everyone knows snake eater was the best lol hahaha

Yea I always wanted a Snake Eater in Olive Drab camo and this is as close as i will get :)

huge nerdgasm!
preparations-tgs-2011-kojima-productions-02.jpg

hope to see closer shots of Snakes face 2moro

i know you guys were hoping for this!! lookin at Pitu
preparations-tgs-2011-kojima-productions-01.jpg

and this!
preparations-tgs-2011-kojima-productions-03.jpg

the face looks a little off but what the hey, it mask on for me

seriously i love this guy
preparations-tgs-2011-kojima-productions-04.jpg

Back