Metal Gear Solid 4 Game Thread - Spoilers Inside

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel the same way. 100% agree. Snake should have died. I just felt betrayed at the end, like Kojima couldn't just let go. We've followed the progress of MGS4 for 3-4 years, saw the trailers with the heart-crushing scene with Snake putting a gun in his mouth, and now to have it end the way it did is like tossing out 20 hours of shared emotional investment.

While I enjoyed the final between Snake and Ocelot/Liquid, the story scenes following immediately after were a mess.

I think they know full well if they would have killed him there was no bringing him back. Thats why they chose not to do it. However, I think it would have been cool had he killed himself at the end. Or better yet died along side of liquid. I was kinda waiting for the double knock out so to speak. Maybe that would have been too cliche though. The ending was way too damn long. LOL! Great game though. My favorite act has got to be act 4. Very cool going back to Alaska. I also liked crawling through the microwaved hallway in act 5. It really set up the drama at the end. I also wished it was a bit longer. I beat it in just over 11 hours on the hardest setting I could pick. All in all a great game. I don't think I will bother to play through again (I never go back and play games I beat) but I might. I think my next purchase will be Ninja Gaiden II.

While I enjoyed the final between Snake and Ocelot/Liquid, the story scenes following immediately after were a mess.

while we are on the same page i wouldnt have gone so far as to say it was a mess, i admit it went downhill, there was just abit too much closure and drebins speech could have been said on the destroyer instead of taking up so much ending, there was too much happy wedding and not enough snake, and big boss didnt have as much impact as he should have.

i still loved it though, but snake should have died

Okay, so I got to fire the gun from on top of Drebin's vehicle last night, that was BAD ASS, but I had no idea that it would be nothing compared to the Raiden Vs. Vamp Gekko's fight. OMFG, that was just about the sickest thing I've EVER seen in any game!! Raiden ^^^^in' Breakdancing with two Gekkos attached to him taking everything else out, him tap dancing on Vamp's ^^^^in' face with the blades in his boot, it was so much to take in at once, but it was amazing. I LOVE this game!! :rock

OK - I have a problem and can not think of any place else to post this question. I am almost willing to bet that I will get an answer within a few posts.

I have a Solid Snake 1:6 scale action figure from a few years ago. I do not know who made it, nor what year exactly. I got it for 20 or 30 dollars (I believe it was on clearance) from Suncoast Video. It is a younger (late 20s to early 30s) Snake. I will eventually dig him out of Storage to find out who the maker is and post pics. But if anyone has any idea in advance who the maker is, I would appreciate the info.

OK - I have a problem and can not think of any place else to post this question. I am almost willing to bet that I will get an answer within a few posts.

I have a Solid Snake 1:6 scale action figure from a few years ago. I do not know who made it, nor what year exactly. I got it for 20 or 30 dollars (I believe it was on clearance) from Suncoast Video. It is a younger (late 20s to early 30s) Snake. I will eventually dig him out of Storage to find out who the maker is and post pics. But if anyone has any idea in advance who the maker is, I would appreciate the info.

figure produced by yamato , authentic licenese by japan konami

i checked it on ebay :D
https://cgi.ebay.com/PS2-METAL-GEAR...goryZ348QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I can only think of the medicom 1/6 figure...but I doubt thats it since you scored it for only 20-30 bucks.....could be a neca.

I feel the same way. 100% agree. Snake should have died. I just felt betrayed at the end, like Kojima couldn't just let go. We've followed the progress of MGS4 for 3-4 years, saw the trailers with the heart-crushing scene with Snake putting a gun in his mouth, and now to have it end the way it did is like tossing out 20 hours of shared emotional investment.

Kojima never stated that Snake would die though....

Anyway for the next one I kinda wanted to see Snake as the next Big Boss or perhaps play a Colonel Campbell figure to the new main character...I'm hoping by some miracle he can squeeze out a few more years and appear in the next MGS game, whatever and whenever that will be.

Kojima never stated that Snake would die though....

Anyway for the next one I kinda wanted to see Snake as the next Big Boss or perhaps play a Colonel Campbell figure to the new main character...I'm hoping by some miracle he can squeeze out a few more years and appear in the next MGS game, whatever and whenever that will be.

I'm well aware that Kojima never explicitly said Snake would die, but with all the hubbub from the trailers and the actual narrative progression of the first 2/3 of the game, one is lead to believe that this is truly Snake's "FINAL" mission (his death and sacrifice being the final mission). To blindside us with the eradication of the mutated Foxdie in his genes is just a cheap, easy way out. What was it all for anyway?

Snake will die in 6 months because of the advanced aging process. The erasure of the mutated Foxdie virus will prevent him from becoming a spewing biological weapon, but his days are still numbered.

I'm well aware that Kojima never explicitly said Snake would die, but with all the hubbub from the trailers and the actual narrative progression of the first 2/3 of the game, one is lead to believe that this is truly Snake's "FINAL" mission (his death and sacrifice being the final mission). To blindside us with the eradication of the mutated Foxdie in his genes is just a cheap, easy way out. What was it all for anyway?

Snake will die in 6 months because of the advanced aging process. The erasure of the mutated Foxdie virus will prevent him from becoming a spewing biological weapon, but his days are still numbered.

Ehh, you never know with the MGS universe, anything is possible...

No, Snake did not die literally, but to me, he died figuratively. Snake had been fighting battles all of his life, but now he doesn't have to fight any more. He doesn't have to go back and save the world again for the 80th time. He can now just live the last few months of his life without having to fight. "Snake" died because he isn't needed anymore. He can now live on as Dave, the person he really is behind "Snake." Now that I think about it, this really is a fitting end for him.

You guys know that when the beast is in beauty form walking towards you, that if you use the tranquilizer darts rather than leathal force you will unlock their face as face cammo.

after playing mgs3 and seeing big boss at the end i want to play every game all over again starting with mgs3 as a prequel and moving to metal gear 1 and 2 then to mgs 1,2& 4 just to soak the massive storyline in.

after playing mgs3 and seeing big boss at the end i want to play every game all over again starting with mgs3 as a prequel and moving to metal gear 1 and 2 then to mgs 1,2& 4 just to soak the massive storyline in.

I never got to play 3 but I would love to play the MGS one more time.

Me to for sure! Going back to shadow moses as old snake near brought a tear to the eye. Especially with that music!

Back