Metal Gear Rising [Revengeance]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First reviews

377633_10151258595660986_957275945_n.jpg

"Almost certainly the second best Metal Gear game released this generation".

Fixed

Demo didnt impress me one bit but still getting the game, and Famitsu cant not be trust anyone, they gave FF13 40/40 wtf? :panic::panic::panic:

Demo didnt impress me one bit but still getting the game, and Famitsu cant not be trust anyone, they gave FF13 40/40 wtf? :panic::panic::panic:

They used to be one reviewer I trusted, but they have become way too loose on their perfect scores.

This game has an amazing soundtrack.
[ame]https://youtu.be/6t0y86-Spig[/ame]

to me soundtracks is one of the most important things in a movie or video game. MGSR soundtrack goes perfect with the high speed action.

I cant wait 6 DAYS PEOPLE !

I surprisingly enjoyed the demo will be picking up the full game. While it's doesn't hold a candle to the mgS games and snakes story 100% better, rising is a nice change of pace and im sure the story will be enjoyable somewhat.

I surprisingly enjoyed the demo will be picking up the full game. While it's doesn't hold a candle to the mgS games and snakes story 100% better, rising is a nice change of pace and im sure the story will be enjoyable somewhat.

Same here man, Snake's story is the only one that has substance and I want them to go further into it. Big Boss's is so watered down, and Raiden I honestly don't care about. But it will be a fun title nonetheless.

Tried the demo, didn't really care for it. I guess I just don't like Raiden. MGS2 forever killed this character for me and despite Kojima's attempt to make him super badass in MGS4, it's actually overkill for me and making me hate him even more.

Tried the demo, didn't really care for it. I guess I just don't like Raiden. MGS2 forever killed this character for me and despite Kojima's attempt to make him super badass in MGS4, it's actually overkill for me and making me hate him even more.

Kojima tried too hard to make Raiden appeal to fans in MGS 4. His sudden transformation from a normal dude (albeit with a twisted past) to a super-powered cyborg ninja, was the most extreme make-over of any video-game character that I have ever seen. It becomes even more apparent when comparing MGS 2 to MG Rising - there's a definite "wtf" factor there.

I'm starting to get more disappointed in MGS the further it goes into this "military-fantasy" realm. Granted, I'm glad Rising isn't part of the canon, but the hokey supernatural powers that all the characters all have is just becoming too wonky.

It's like Snake/Solid Snake/Big Boss/Whomever is James Bond and the villains are just all Bond villains. Each with their own unique name and gimmick, with the big "evil organization" Outer Heaven/Haven/The Sons of Liberty/etc. masquerading as SPECTRE (SMERSH if you follow the Bond books)

I'm starting to get more disappointed in MGS the further it goes into this "military-fantasy" realm. Granted, I'm glad Rising isn't part of the canon, but the hokey supernatural powers that all the characters all have is just becoming too wonky.

It's like Snake/Solid Snake/Big Boss/Whomever is James Bond and the villains are just all Bond villains. Each with their own unique name and gimmick, with the big "evil organization" Outer Heaven/Haven/The Sons of Liberty/etc. masquerading as SPECTRE (SMERSH if you follow the Bond books)

But, the MGS games have always delved into "military-fantasy", if you want to call it that :dunno. In MGS 1, Vulcan Raven had a spiritual bond with crows (they even sent his spirit off into the netherworld after he died), and Sniper Wolf practically lead her own pack of wolves. Actually, the one complaint that I have, is that MGS 4 disregarded the fantasy aspect of the series, in lieu of nanomachines being responsible for everything.

MG Rising is a whole 'nother thing, altogether. I just hope that Kojima treats it as an alternate-universe spin-off, and doesn't make it canon to the main series.

Yeah, the reviews for this should be good. Are you gonna do an unboxing, Ray? I'd love to see how the plasma sword lamp looks like.

just called ebgames and the limited editions are only for consoles.
ohh well I am picking the PC version as well.
I need to play this game it supreme graphics.

As of now, a PC version is not coming out. Platinum has said they may release one at a later date.

On a different note, I'm curious why some here question Rising's status as canon when it has been confirmed as being so.

Back