Metal Gear Rising [Revengeance]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes I will !
I was wondering is there a PC limited edition with the lamp ?
I got a ps3 limited on preo but man I want to play it on pc.

anyone know ?

Sweet! Seems like its been forever since I saw one of your vids - can't wait. I'm going to pick this up for the PS3. I'm really interested in the sword lamp, so hopefully I can still find a LE later on.

As of now, a PC version is not coming out. Platinum has said they may release one at a later date.

On a different note, I'm curious why some here question Rising's status as canon when it has been confirmed as being so.

Well, for now anyway, Kojima is insisting that this game is just a spin-off. So, it's not officially accepted into the canon as yet, and I hope it stays that way.

Well, for now anyway, Kojima is insisting that this game is just a spin-off. So, it's not officially accepted into the canon as yet, and I hope it stays that way.

Hm, do you know when he said that? At PAX last year someone from Kojima Productions stated it is canon. While it is a spinoff, that doesn't preclude it from being canon.

Either way, game looks great and I can't wait for Tuesday.

My God, this commercial is so funny!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv3QuxcRhfg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv3QuxcRhfg[/ame]

Kojima tried too hard to make Raiden appeal to fans in MGS 4. His sudden transformation from a normal dude (albeit with a twisted past) to a super-powered cyborg ninja, was the most extreme make-over of any video-game character that I have ever seen. It becomes even more apparent when comparing MGS 2 to MG Rising - there's a definite "wtf" factor there.

I wish Raiden had actually died saving snake at shadow moses. Would have made him a better character imo.

they could have made revengance a prequel and still made their money.

Hm, do you know when he said that? At PAX last year someone from Kojima Productions stated it is canon. While it is a spinoff, that doesn't preclude it from being canon.

Either way, game looks great and I can't wait for Tuesday.

In quite a few of Kojima's interviews (and even on Twitter) he has stated that Rising is a spin-off, and I can't recall anyone from KP actually mentioning that it was canon to "Metal Gear Solid". In terms of what's relavant to the storyline of MGS, I'm sure that Kojima would want to handle those matters himself instead doing it through another company (Platinum Games, in this case).

But, my biggest concern right now, is if Kojima decides to make Rising relevant to the main MGS series, by retconing the series' storyline in a future game (which he seems to be doing a lot of lately), in order to account for it.

Unless I hear anything otherwise, I'm going to look at Rising as spin-off, along the same lines of Ghost Babel, and the Ac!d games.

I wish Raiden had actually died saving snake at shadow moses. Would have made him a better character imo.

they could have made revengance a prequel and still made their money.

as badass as raiden looks in this game i bet if they killed raiden and made this a new character altogether instead, you would complain why they didnt make it raiden so i think its pretty awesome of them making this game atleast they didnt make his age rapidly fast like solid snake. btw hopeing they make play arts kai figures too of the cyber guys he vs in .

as badass as raiden looks in this game i bet if they killed raiden and made this a new character altogether instead, you would complain why they didnt make it raiden so i think its pretty awesome of them making this game atleast they didnt make his age rapidly fast like solid snake. btw hopeing they make play arts kai figures too of the cyber guys he vs in .

I know what he's referring to. If you think about it, the very fact that Raiden nearly died in his confrontation with Vamp and the Gekkos (and the enormous emphasis that was placed on him getting a blood transfusion), but then, he somehow managed to survive getting crushed by a freakin' Arsenal Gear - without any kind of afterthought, is just poor and sloppy storytelling.

As for the PAK figures, I'd love it if they could make a Gekko! :D

I know what he's referring to. If you think about it, the very fact that Raiden nearly died in his confrontation with Vamp and the Gekkos (and the enormous emphasis that was placed on him getting a blood transfusion), but then, he somehow managed to survive getting crushed by a freakin' Arsenal Gear - without any kind of afterthought, is just poor and sloppy storytelling.

As for the PAK figures, I'd love it if they could make a Gekko! :D

exactly; seemed like they had planned to kill him of then changed their minds. When snake was like "hows raiden doing" on the boat I was like wtf. it completely negated the impact of the scenes in shadow moses.

People at gamefaqs have already beaten the game in case you guys want to know their overall appreciations, idk how they got it earl but there is a lot of useful info, personally, Im going to wait for the price drop

Just got my Copy :D

21754_10151283797736453_38265080_n.jpg

Cool! Mine shall be posted out in 6 hours, so might take me less than 48 hours before I can finally play this!

just Played the Game a lil bit and honestly it's addicting ! so much action in such short time

Some retailers should have their stock of Rising by now. But, they're not authorized to sell them until release day. So... I'm guessing some folks here might have some inside friends working at those stores lol.

Back