Metal Gear Rising [Revengeance]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like this game more because of this video. i wasnt really hyped up about it before. the chick with the three legged eye things is a pretty cool idea. im on the bandwagon now. just cant think of the other MGSs and youre all set. hoping the story has some substance tho.

I thought it looked terrible. I mean, what is it? Like, Onimusha meets ninja gaiden meets metal gear meets devil may cry meets what?

It just looks stupid. Raiden in MGS4 didnt seem to be like Raiden in Revengeance.

I dont know, i just think it looks really stupid. I dont know whats happening to games. Be it the This, DMC, Resi.... they all seem such a ridiculous far cry to its predecessors. I loved MGS4 but I still felt really disapointed with it.

I just dont get gaming anymore probably. Stuffs just so wild, futuristic, different and well most of the franchises are just former shadows of what it used to be, eurgh. Im getting old.

i hope everyone gets mad at this game initially, and then it turns out to be awesome. this is basically a test on the fanbase to see how they can incorporate new style into the franchise. but, if it flops, its going to be really bad...................... at least ill get an action figure set out of it. just hope that it doesnt substantially ruin things for the series.

Last edited:
People need to face it... snake got old (still awesome, but old).

This looks cool, but after watching that Trailer??? I don't need to play the game as most of it looked reveled. :)

Wow the game looks amazing! Im actually looking forward to it. From the looks of it they improved the graphics which is nice

That looked pretty cool. Still doesn't quite seem like a MG game, but cool regardless. It's crazy how far Raiden's come.

The game actually looks really cool and fun. It looks 0 like a MGS game. But it doesnt matter. It gets too much unwarranted hate. Some people cannot accept change. If every game was the same, nobody would continue with the franchise. If the games are too different, they whine they arent the same.

But in this case it doesnt matter, its a side game. Of a character established years ago that he was able to be the god of war in action. So whats the problem ?!

After you get used to the fact that Platinum is making it, you accept everything else. There games are balls to the wall crazy and wicked fun. Easily the best full action titles ive played this generation.

Also this game isn't canon to me

Can't wait - looks great - first day buy for me too.

Everyone needs to remember this game is being made for people like me who want to continue to game but at a faster, more furious rate compared to the traditional MGS games - I loved MGS4, but the older games just weren't my style.

That said, I loved Vanquish and this looks a lot like that...and rightfully so considering Platinum is responsible for both.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSufDdLK1wY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSufDdLK1wY[/ame]

TGS Trailer in English. The voice acting is cringe worthy at times.....but the action.............................O_O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a blast, but the characters/acting/designs make this so bad I'm glad it's not canon.

Well, Raiden looks awesome. I guess he can go back and forth between looking like a human and a full on cyborg? I haven't playd MGS4 yet, so maybe I don't want to know the answer, lol.

I agree with you guys. I don't like a these things either; the voice acting, how every villain is a sword wielding cyborg, and there are some bad character designs (though not all are bad).

After seeing this trailer, I really don't mind the designs. Looks very cool, can't wait until it comes out. 1/6 figures would be amazing, but if HT comes out with ones from this before a proper Solid Snake I'm going Jack the Ripper on them.

After seeing this trailer, I really don't mind the designs. Looks very cool, can't wait until it comes out. 1/6 figures would be amazing, but if HT comes out with ones from this before a proper Solid Snake I'm going Jack the Ripper on them.

Maybe they'll grow on me, I do admit the girl with all the arms is interesting. I'd love a Hot Toys Raiden figure, but he'd have to have a regular head as well as the messed up cyborg one. Well, realistically he'd need three heads, one regular, one with the cyborg jaw, and one with the jaw & eye patch. Plus the ability to wear the face guard. I'd prefer his MGS2 version first, but in all honesty, I'd be PO'd if we don't get a MGS1 Solid Snake next. Why start with Naked Snake and MGS3 is beyond me, though he is awesome.

Maybe they'll grow on me, I do admit the girl with all the arms is interesting. I'd love a Hot Toys Raiden figure, but he'd have to have a regular head as well as the messed up cyborg one. Well, realistically he'd need three heads, one regular, one with the cyborg jaw, and one with the jaw & eye patch. Plus the ability to wear the face guard. I'd prefer his MGS2 version first, but in all honesty, I'd be PO'd if we don't get a MGS1 Solid Snake next. Why start with Naked Snake and MGS3 is beyond me, though he is awesome.

Yes that would be so cool! Would really like the cyborg ninja version with switch out "regular" head. But would really like a MGS2 version as well, especially after seeing the HD render of Raiden done for the HD release. I've never had a hatred for the character, he's no Snake, but I think he's cool. Especially badass since his cyborg'ing.

Yes that would be so cool! Would really like the cyborg ninja version with switch out "regular" head. But would really like a MGS2 version as well, especially after seeing the HD render of Raiden done for the HD release. I've never had a hatred for the character, he's no Snake, but I think he's cool. Especially badass since his cyborg'ing.

Yeah, the MGS2 HD rendering is really nice looking, probably the most "attractive" male character as far as renders go. He's definitely no Solid Snake, but I honestly think I prefer him to Naked Snake.

Hot Toys really has the chance to do something awesome here, as isn't a whole lot of room for MGS customs because of the elaborate costumes (aside from MGS1 anyway). So far they don't seem to be handling the MGS property as well as they could, but I have faith at this point. MGS5 could turn out to be a young Solid Snake title, and that might bode well for us. I'd love to see Solid Snake, Liquid Snake, and Raiden made asap.

Back