Medicom's R2 and 3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

My point was, do some digging on your own - much better than throwing a question out there & letting people influence your decision. :huh :wink1:

I understand your point. I saw the two figures only in pics, both have their good things and flaws. But I want the opinion of somebody that has it.

Maybe I ask the wrong question. But my english is rusty and I don't like the translators, they sucks. :lol

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
It's cool man.. :lol

There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking questions, but there's already a wealth of info floating around on the boards, pics - everything you need. :)

People will only give you their opinions, but if you sift through all that, & get to the real stuff - like the actual pros & cons of a figure, then you're laughing. :hi5:

Not to try and sway you, but I own both. If I could just keep one, it would be the bandai version. The quality just blows the medicom one out of the water

Last edited:
Someone sell me the first Medi 3PO (without the holes in front) but I don't know if the first version has brittle body (I know Medi figures have better bodies now). Anyone can tell me? And it has the same height of the 2º version?

Please forgive my english.

Heh, Thanks for everyone's input as I was lurking around looking for reviews. I managed to snag a new, unopened pair of them (R2 and C3PO) talking versions shipped from Japan for around $389. I hope it was a good purchase!

I really hope SS doesn't happen to come out with one now haha

They finally came! I'm blown away by the detail (the scaling doesn't bother me either!) They're also displayed in Master Studio Display case.

They're the sound version, you can tell by the holes located on C3PO's belly and above R2's head.

Here they are!

lCp35nfl.jpg

dKRgbRjl.jpg

GuX9r9Ll.jpg

y42Bwz5l.jpg

jgJ2GdXl.jpg

wvxQ5Fsl.jpg

VPf1A7Bl.jpg

xQqApxBl.jpg

i0sI8LKl.jpg

Are these the same scale as the kotobukiya set?

Kotobukiya is 1/7. Sideshow is 1/6. All medicom figures are stated as 1/6. But in actual, they are in between Kotobukiya and Sideshow. I got the first gen Medicom C-3PO and R2-D2. And I love them. I have no reason yet to get the Bandai version unless they do R2.

Decided to mod my medi 3P0. always hated that ugly sculpted torso. So here we go.

Step 1: Took him apart and using a mat knife, shaved the wires off of the rubber sculped wire section. The upper torso is screwed together but the crotch pieces are glued which I gently pried apart with an exacto blade. The legs can pop off for they are ball jointed.

med 3p0 dissasemle 1.jpgmed 3p0 dissasemle 2.jpg

...to be continued

Decided to mod my medi 3P0. always hated that ugly sculpted torso. So here we go.

Step 1: Took him apart and using a mat knife, shaved the wires off of the rubber sculped wire section. The upper torso is screwed together but the crotch pieces are glued which I gently pried apart with an exacto blade. The legs can pop off for they are ball jointed.

View attachment 210070View attachment 210063

...to be continued

Step 2: wires consisting of voice cables, telephone line cords, and old USB cables. I used 1/16 of an inch pinstripe tape to tape the wrapped wires together

20150913_144625.jpg 20150913_144718.jpg

Step 3: I found a paper holder from Staples which had the perfect ridged texture. I cut an appropriately sized strip and used contact cement to glue it onto the torso piece. I also drilled tiny holes along the top and bottom of torso.

20150913_150040.jpg20150913_150052.jpg

Once I got everything test fitted I glued the wires into the holes that I drilled into the torso and re-assembled him

Attachments

• 20150914_193917.jpg
    20150914_193917.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20150914_193945.jpg
    20150914_193945.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 64
  • SAM_1905.JPG
    SAM_1905.JPG
    749.2 KB · Views: 64
  • SAM_1904.jpg
    SAM_1904.jpg