Medicom's R2 and 3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one who thinks 3PO's face is just a tad off?

No, he looks kind of weird indeed, and there other members who seen this. As for getting these maybe if winning the lottery or winning them for free in a contest. :rolleyes: With $400 I could get many other cool items I want way more, even though C-3PO and R2-D2 are the few exceptions to my OT Imperials focus...

No, he looks kind of weird indeed, and there other members who seen this. As for getting these maybe if winning the lottery or winning them for free in a contest. :rolleyes: With $400 I could get many other cool items I want way more, even though C-3PO and R2-D2 are the few exceptions to my OT Imperials focus...

:lecture:lecture:lecture His face is smooshed with his features too close together. But that's Medi's "stylized" cartoony approach. Personally, I see it as an excuse so they don't have to nail a likeness but I know those that collect Medicom will disagree.

I'm gonna wait till in-hand pics to pass judgement. But yes, C3PO's eyes do look a little close together.

There's no excuse for these not to be perfect. If Gentle Giant helped model them then they should have used exact copies of the props.

Am I the only one who thinks 3PO's face is just a tad off?

The cheeks are a bit wide, makes him look fat. Artoo's dome shape is a bit off, has that straight look near the bottom edge. The Kaiyodo 1/6 vinyl figures have better sculpt if the 3PO figure could only be given more articulation and height reduced a bit to better match Kaiyodos' Artoo height. These are hollow models so a modified thin female body can be placed inside 3PO and lights can be installed on both figures. And if one can have 3PO vaccum metallized for a cheap price it would be perfect. One can also experiment on the simulation of gold chrome by using available chrome paint in the market, not as good as vaccum metallized but acceptable considering cost and practicality. I think hurricane already did this to his vinyl 3PO model.

Borrowed pics:

Last edited:
I have these on order, but is there any inkling that Sideshow will be making these?

Yeah, they've come out and said they would be.

Let me look and find in the Q&A exactly what they said.

Are there any plans to release a 12-inch scale R2-D2 and or C-3PO? You’ve made them life-size, but for the average collector they’re too expensive. I think that it would be great to release them in a two-pack like the Han and Luke as Stormtroopers.
A.

Yes, we are in development on both droids for 1:6 scale, and they’re likely to see release in 2011.

New Pic from Toy-world.com.hk

fk_059.jpg

The weathering looks great and I am now looking forward to getting them.

What bothers me about the Sideshow versions is that they'll come with really loose joints and you won't be able to put them on any other body.

Back