Medicom Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its as good as got imo. I was looking for the trifecta piece to accompany my Medi Vader and Stormie...Imperial Guard was out of place, as he accompanies the Emperor. Was thinking of then getting Medi Anakin and EpIII Clone Trooper to display the evolution of the Empire, however this will do nicely...Love it

yes they are expensive, i got a pretty good deal trough ebay, i think i paid like 95 bucks plus shipping for mine and swapped the body with a did one. i have the marmit tie pilot, at-at driver,and a the white pauldron sandtrooper all on did bodies.
Interesting! Is a DiD body really an improvement to the marmit one? Better posability or does it look better? And, how did you get the helmet on the DiD head? Does the helmet sans the padding fit over a DiD head?

My Marmit TIE fighter pilot is still boxed, so I don't know much about the body. But the thing I really don't like about the Marmit TIE fighter pilot, are his boots and the gloves. They look toylike, too glossy. The boots can be replaced, but I don't know what to do about the gloves yet.

Last edited:
Looks generally better quality than Marmit (gloves and boots) - but not enough to justify the price tag - and scale wise he looks like a boy in a suit compared to Marmit.

Found a pic of the Marmit Tie Pilot that I slapped on a spare buck. (I know, I know) Put a head that I picked up on him and BAM. Oh, I did use gloves from Prajii and some boots from a Hasbro Solo. The Marmit ones are kinda lame. I would love to have a better picture of him. But, he is packed away and I won't see him till late Feb.

Last edited:
Eh, plenty happy with my Marmit version, and definitely not interested at Medi's regular prices.

But if SWS clearances 'em out at 50% down the road, I might see if one could be kitbashed with a female figure.

When was Princess Leia ever in Tie Fighter Pilot disguise? :huh :p

Nowhere, but the art, and the comics are full of imperial women.

how about a propaganda poster?

sexy-imperial-pilot.jpg

All of the Marmit kits can be dressed-up pretty well. But the basebodies were pretty bad, so I think an upgrade to dragon, DiD, or HT if you have one, plus swapping out gloves and boots can make a huge difference.

The tie fighter pilot was the only SW Marmit they did that I did not like - the helmet was non glossy and does really sit on the head too well...that said, I love the Marmit At-At Driver....this Medicom one looks nice, but will hold out for a SS one...

Interesting! Is a DiD body really an improvement to the marmit one? Better posability or does it look better? And, how did you get the helmet on the DiD head? Does the helmet sans the padding fit over a DiD head?

My Marmit TIE fighter pilot is still boxed, so I don't know much about the body. But the thing I really don't like about the Marmit TIE fighter pilot, are his boots and the gloves. They look toylike, too glossy. The boots can be replaced, but I don't know what to do about the gloves yet.

the body i got for the tie fighter pilot is the clancy brown one they have around ebay and it is in my opinion better to work with than the one you get with marmit.as for the helmet, i went to a hardware store and bought me a piece of ¿window sealant? which on one side has padding and a piece of tape you remove and whats left is a sticky surface, well i cut 2 pieces and put one on each side of the interior of the helmet and that did the trick. what i did with the gloves was to remove the hands leaving only the pegs and i put some crazy glue putty inside the gloves (kinda like making a mold for the pegs) and just jammed the arms with pegs inside the gloves.

My Marmit TIE pilot on a DML body:

marmittie04.jpg

I actually liked the glossy boots and gloves, so I kept them. But it's an easy fix if yo don't like it - grab some flat black vinyl dye spray paint from an automotive store. This is great stuff and very durable. I used it on my 1/6th Vader custom for his gloves.

And Lerath - yeah, I had something like that in mind :) I've already got two female stormies I made using Cy Girls and Medicom armor.

I would not recommend DiD body. Joints become way too loose rather fast - that's why these bodies are so cheap. If you want inexpensive body, go with either BBI G3.5 or Soldier Story S2 (stay away from S1 though - crappy copy of BBI G3.5)

Alexei

Holy ^^^^!
Hod did I missed this thread?
I guess I don't visit the SW section that often anymore...
Anyway, man this figure looks sweet!!
Great job Medicom!!
I still need to get the Imperial Guards though...

Back