Medicom ROTS Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
................The light switch on his control box is too small.

Last edited:
EVILFACE said:
I call it like i see it. If you are going to rip Luke for longer arms, you are going to have to rip Medicom Vader for long legs.

But of course the Medicom Nutswingers tm don't see a problem.

Wow, wait a minute. When have I ever made fun of SS Luke, either here or on RS. Yes I like Medicom and yes I like Sideshow, hence why I am here. I owned SS Luke but choose to sell him to a follow Freak member because I just felt like not collecting the SS line of SW. And for the record, while I owned Luke, never once did I find any "monkey arm" problems. I think some people find fault just to have something to complain about.

image1220.jpg

Yeah, the ROTS Vader is really nice (thanks Seth), a bit small, but an excellent figure. I do wish he had the paddle hands though (like the ROTJ version)... since the gaunlets don't want to stay on, but a minor quip.

yeah the flippers are better. but minor you're right.
i think it would look awesome with a red SS saber(dunno why but i like the SS sabers a lot)

I'll be getting one of these in a trade soon.

I'd wait for SS to produce one, but at the rate they're going, I doubt we'll ever see one made till' 2008.:monkey2

Seth Gecko said:
yeah the flippers are better. but minor you're right.
i think it would look awesome with a red SS saber(dunno why but i like the SS sabers a lot)

I like them, too. It's something different. Close to what they look like without the outer glow.

Sachiel said:
I like them, too. It's something different. Close to what they look like without the outer glow.

I think Medicom's hilts are better, more detailed and cleaner paint apps. But the blades look a bit like a gummie candy compared to SS. Together I think you'd have the perfect version.

I don't think the hilts are better. They look to big and clunky. I like the sleek look that SS has. I do like the detail a lot on my ROTS Vader which is why I have ordered the Clone and BHST then Fett when he goes up. Medicom makes a good product I will say that.

galactiboy said:
I think Medicom's hilts are better, more detailed and cleaner paint apps. But the blades look a bit like a gummie candy compared to SS. Together I think you'd have the perfect version.

what a nutswinger

nash said:
what a nutswinger

And you seem to be a ballbreaker these days :lol

I do like the hilts for Sideshow, but on some the paint applications are a little sloppy, whereas the Medicom ones look very precise and clean.

Got mine in January.

Pretty cool figure, except one problem; the guy I traded with forgot to give me the 'unignited' saber cap piece.:monkey2

If anyone has one they'd be willing to part with, LMK and maybe we can work something out.

I also decided to experiment with my Medi Venom(Long since traded) and found that the same paddles that they gave the 1st Release Vader are same one's they put in Medi Venom's hands. So I kept one set of paddles, and traded the Venom away to a fellow SSFreak.

The hands stay in MUCH better, now. The left fist hand however, was a pain in the a** to insert onto the left hand paddle, but I managed to get it on there and it works fine now.

All in all, I give it a 9.5 out of 10! :)

Does anyone know where you can pick up one of these besides the outrageous prices from Hong Kong on E-bay? I don't care if it's the ROTS or the ROTJ version--- until SS brings out one I definitely needs to get one...

Has anyone tried adding the top rubber muscle thing that came with Comic Wolverine(Or Superman), to Vader?

I did that with mine(After cutting off the shoulder bells, of course.) and he looks great! I wish I could post some pics of him, he really does look a lot more intimidating, though I had to put tissue paper around the waist because it made the preportions looks off. Other than that, Vader looks a lot better(And bigger).

Back