Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been reading back through this thread. I can remember my excitement when I pre-ordered Kaneda & bike all those years ago.... and my disappointment when I had to cancel due to lack of funds :(

I've just gone mad and dropped $1000 on the bike, Kaneda & Tetsuo!

Can't wait for them to arrive. While I'm waiting I'm building a throne for Tetsuo!!

congratulations bro. I've been eying this for awhile myself, but havent found the right deal yet that im ok with. but whatever it is im sure itll be expensive nontheless. i honestly just want the bike and kaneda. i can do without tetsuo.

Good luck in your hunt HQN117, I just suddenly realised that I'd passed up on probably the best set of collectables that will ever be made for a classic piece of Manga history.

They might go up in price, they might come down, but I've no intention of ever selling them so as I had the cash today I figured, do it!

Even having parted with so much cash in one go I'm surprised that I don't feel even a twinge of "buyers guilt" a sure sign that I won't regret these.

Fingers crossed they arrive in good condition. The figures are on their way from Hong Kong and the bikes coming from America ($100 frikin bucks shipping, groan!)

Lets hope UK customs turn a blind eye or ill be royally shafted!

By the way, will it come like new, with box n stuff, u know for the fresh feeling?

And even if Kaneda and Tetsuo are not the topnotch actions figure they are, together they come out just marvelous! My congrats... :)

6738477705_dba2f0ba85_z.jpg

Good luck in your hunt HQN117, I just suddenly realised that I'd passed up on probably the best set of collectables that will ever be made for a classic piece of Manga history.

They might go up in price, they might come down, but I've no intention of ever selling them so as I had the cash today I figured, do it!

Even having parted with so much cash in one go I'm surprised that I don't feel even a twinge of "buyers guilt" a sure sign that I won't regret these.

Fingers crossed they arrive in good condition. The figures are on their way from Hong Kong and the bikes coming from America ($100 frikin bucks shipping, groan!)

Lets hope UK customs turn a blind eye or ill be royally shafted!

yeah i highly doubt youll regret the purchase. i agree with you, its one of those pieces that are too great not to have and would be an instant centerpiece to your collection. and its also a piece that i highly doubt would be remade or re-released again. again, im with you, i still want it, i just have to find the right price for it that wont make me feel too bad that i overpaid for it. cause some prices on ebay are ridiculous and most of them are all used. but im still looking.

Wasn't this around $470 when it was released? And Kaneda around $200? Add shipping to those a year or two back and a thousand bucks shipped for the pair now doesn't seem such a huge premium on the original MSRP - around +50%. I remember when Mark 1 was going for around $600+ on the secondary market, on top of an original $130 MSRP.

There y'go, justified :)

Yeah, it seems like a good price to me too. He said he got Tetsuo too. When all those came out you would've paid between $800 - 850 at best, excluding shipping.

I think the figures were later reduced at some stores, Tetsuo I bought for $100, but if you picked up the bike when new you probably would've picked up the figures at the same time, paid retail then, and so I guess it evens out that overall you now paid pretty close to original retail.

Thank you Lejuan I am vindicated!

(And let's not forget Tetsuo is in that price too, not really that bad (around £700GBP) The original pre-order price for the bike and Kaneda was nearly £500GBP + Sideshows crazy international shipping!
I may have actually saved money LOL!

I actually tried to get this set last month. But my internet cut out as I was going for the final bid -_-

The bike, decal set, Kaneda and Tetsuo all for under £500 shipped. Went for $680 + $60 shipping. Even with customs that was an absolute steal. Gah. One day I will find it!

Thank you Lejuan I am vindicated!

(And let's not forget Tetsuo is in that price too, not really that bad (around £700GBP) The original pre-order price for the bike and Kaneda was nearly £500GBP + Sideshows crazy international shipping!
I may have actually saved money LOL!

Oh yeah, Tetsuo as well, that's a solid score. You should get yourself a special something to celebrate :wink1:

Ok then lets count, I paid for Kaneda from HK ~89€, for the bike with 10% Sideshowdiscount from USA. ~360€ (Bike Version 2). All incl. or not. Seller from HK really help you with the customs. Seller from US just sometimes.

Greetings...

Last edited:
Does Medicom Comic book Wolverine & Carnage count as "something special?"

If so, I did! :monkey3

:lol All this talk about self reward is really getting me into the mood of rewarding myself. But I haven't done anything to deserve it. Better go look for a bargain so I can reward myself for it :lecture

Sounds like you went on a shopping spree Darthgothikus.

The bike's great, I really think of Kaneda as more of an accessory to it.

It's a coincidence but I recently got the Medi comic Wolvie too. Nice fig, satisfies my Wolverine craving more than any Hugh version would.

The boys arrived earlier than expected! Tracking says they're still somewhere over the South China Sea?!?

9A3410F0-2C8A-4040-967B-11C596770582-7630-00000885A2DD7820.jpg

Lets hope the bike arrives as quickly.

I'd better crack on and finish this.......

976FD9D5-1DCE-45D8-ACBF-625BBFA821CF-7197-000007B7E3F248DE.jpg

Back