Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the new Kaneda and Bike set and I have been thinking a lot about Kaneda's outfit...as many of you have as well. There has been some complaints about the material feeling cheap...and it does, but I will give Medicom kudos for trying a material that actually feels thin enough. One of my biggest complaints about 1/6th scale is that all of the clothes are made of 1/1 thickness material...often making even the best figures look bulky. That ain't the case with Kaneda. I just hope that the material holds up over time...Anyone remember the suit melting Gatchaman figures...ugh...
The boots are really nice though. All in all I am happy with him, and he looks great on the bike...I won't be posing or playing with him much because of my fear of cracking his vinyl outfit...only time will tell....

Well I guess I was right to be unimpressed with Kenada, but with this set it is all about the bike and in the images I've seen so far he looks great on it.

Well I guess I was right to be unimpressed with Kenada, but with this set it is all about the bike and in the images I've seen so far he looks great on it.

yeah.. I don't really plan on posing him too much. and in my case he'll be posed and left along for a long time.

I have the new Kaneda and Bike set and I have been thinking a lot about Kaneda's outfit...as many of you have as well. There has been some complaints about the material feeling cheap...and it does, but I will give Medicom kudos for trying a material that actually feels thin enough. One of my biggest complaints about 1/6th scale is that all of the clothes are made of 1/1 thickness material...often making even the best figures look bulky. That ain't the case with Kaneda. I just hope that the material holds up over time...Anyone remember the suit melting Gatchaman figures...ugh...
The boots are really nice though. All in all I am happy with him, and he looks great on the bike...I won't be posing or playing with him much because of my fear of cracking his vinyl outfit...only time will tell....

Thats what Hot Toys has been doing for years. i guess we can welcome Medicom to the new Millennium

Movie Poster...
akiraMoviePoster1.jpg

'1/6 Scale Movie Poster Recreation'... using the Project BM Kaneda and 1/6 scale PX-03 (Kaneda's bike). Note, kudos to Mr. Hock of Hockstuff.
Akira01.jpg

:google :bow

I was thinking my first flex pay was coming out today... but doesn't look like it. Need to check into that on Monday.

ok, i need a little help. i had an order in for the LE bike and kaneda. the other day, i received an e-mail from the online business stating the bikes they were getting were the non-LE editions. i decided to cancel the entire order. so now, i need to find another place that has the LE bikes for sale. i placed an order at SS to ensure i get one, but does anyone know of a cheaper place to find the LE bike online? thanks!

I got my Kaneda processing notice today also.

weird thing is I have the bike on flex pay and I got charged on February 15th and March 15th. I was expecting the third payment to be charged on April 15th but it hasn't shown up yet on my card. :confused:

And me too! Time to cancel. Have him on order for less elseware. Might have to wait a little longer. We'll see.

I believe the bike was processing around the 23th for all non flex payers. So, SSC might thought it was a good idea to charge everybody at the same time?

Last edited:
question i'm using flexpay, i never used it before so im using it on kaneda so how does it work and is it going to process on the 27th like you guys.

question i'm using flexpay, i never used it before so im using it on kaneda so how does it work and is it going to process on the 27th like you guys.

Read all about flex pay here:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=25&source=search0109
here:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=27&source=search0109
and here:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=28&source=search0109

If you ordered Kaneda just now:

Orders must be placed by: May 08, 2010
<table cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><th>Date</th><th>Amount<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></th></tr><tr><td class="flex-date">May 10, 2010</td><td class="flex-amount">$66.66</td></tr><tr class="alt"><td class="flex-date">Jun 10, 2010</td><td class="flex-amount">$66.66</td></tr><tr><td class="flex-date">Jul 10, 2010</td><td class="flex-amount">$66.67</td></tr></tbody></table>
Posted FLEXPay schedules are rolling schedules and are subject to change monthly. Please print out this schedule so you can make funds available at the appropriate time.

Cancelation fees apply.

You can find all this info on the product page, top right hand corner.

Ok thanks, but do you get your figure when it ships or do you have to keep payiing for it monthly and then you get it.

Back