Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think you'll regret the decision! :D

I hope not. I haven't seen Akira since the VHS days. I should be receiving the Blu-ray from Amazon today so I'm very interested in seeing this again. May even pick up the manga at some point. :D

Sorry I couldn't make it to last week's Austin meeting. The end of spring break and a sick kid just didn't work out for an Austin trip. Maybe next month! :duff

I hope not. I haven't seen Akira since the VHS days. I should be receiving the Blu-ray from Amazon today so I'm very interested in seeing this again. May even pick up the manga at some point. :D

Sorry I couldn't make it to last week's Austin meeting. The end of spring break and a sick kid just didn't work out for an Austin trip. Maybe next month! :duff

Yeah, try and make the next meeting. We had a good time and met two new attendees, the guys from Capstone Comics!

I re-watched Akira about a year or two ago, and it stood up very well for me.

Yeah, try and make the next meeting. We had a good time and met two new attendees, the guys from Capstone Comics!

I re-watched Akira about a year or two ago, and it stood up very well for me.

As soon as you guys have a date, please let me know so I can make plans.

Sweet! :rock

MJ blends right in...
from Tompop:

1269233613462-550x.jpg

Here's a mini review & thoughts:
The bike is largely made of die-cast metal & plastic, definitely not cheap plastic like most 1/6 vehicles. It's heavy and the construction of it feels really sturdy.

Bike has two electronic modes
1- Lights only mode
2- Lights & sound mode

When you switch it on to the light & sound mode, you get the engine start up sound effect as seen on the video posted by eightsamurai. Right pedal activates the bike accelerating sound effects, left pedal activates the brake effects. For those who feel that the sound effects are not loud enough, you can always plug in an external speaker to blast your ears away.

The lights also go to a sleep mode after bout 5mins of non-activity.

Total 4 different color lights (blue,green,white,yellow) Headlights has a push gimmick, when you push the button, it will go up , push it again it will go down.

HUD display shows a detailed GPS map & speedometer, unfortunately the speedometer is stuck at 000km/h.

The armor parts snap on easily with magnets. If you got the first press version with the additional decals, you get to customize your bike to 2 different versions. Either leave it plain with no decals, or make it messy and cool.

Side mirrors are made of real reflective mirrors. The bike seat is made of a soft rubber material that feels very smooth. Floor board is made of rubber, Handlebars are covered with a rubber tubing as well to give it the authentic feel of a real motorcycle. There's a black opening flap just below the MAP display, not sure what's it for but its kinda like those compartments where u keep coins in a car.

You can move the front part of the bike up just like in the anime, to allow the rider to get into it. Front & rear working suspension, front wheel also steers left & right. There's also a working bike stand that is made of metal.

Cons - bike is too heavy,....lolz. It's so heavy that the bike stand don't really work that well. They give you an additional round black stand thingy to support the bike, but it isnt really that effective.

That's about all, I do wished that they could have included a couple more sound effects though. But then again, there isn't really much sounds a bike can do other than accelerating & braking.

I'm rushing for my final year project now, so I can't really find time to take more pictures...sorry bout that. But I hope the little review will help you guys to make up your mind whether to get it or not.

So the regular bike already comes with the decals applied... and they look like the film version? Or do you have to apply decals to both?

So the regular bike already comes with the decals applied... and they look like the film version? Or do you have to apply decals to both?

Regular comes with decals applied that look like the film version. You only need to apply decals to the extra armor set.

I may have to do the same Waller... I was just thinking that even if I don't want the extra cowl I could always sell it separately to someone who missed out. That coupled with the RP from Sideshow would probably more than balance out the savings from buying a regular from a retailer.

I may have to do the same Waller... I was just thinking that even if I don't want the extra cowl I could always sell it separately to someone who missed out. That coupled with the RP from Sideshow would probably more than balance out the savings from buying a regular from a retailer.

I just posted something about the cowl in the other thread. :lol

Flip it! :banana

Can't help it. I'm still not in love with the headsculpt for Kaneda... but Tetsuo is so badass looking that I think he'll balance out the two.

Back