Medicom Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should really focus on the Masked Rider line and other non-movie lines. Because they suck big-time. Though I still have high hopes for the TDK Batman, because proportion-wise it looks better than HT's to me.

Hey this figure is NOT crap! True it comes in third in the Joker race, but third is still a medal winner. The worst thing about this Joker are his eyes. They are sad, not evil. The cloth that they chose for the figure could have been better, but as stated, the shirt looks good. I won't be buying one as I have the HT version, but if there were no HT Joker. I'd be there. The DC Direct Joker is nice, but to tall to work well with other figures, so that would leave just Medicom. I have several Medicom figures I think are great. Wolverine. Spiderman, Ghost Rider, and the Marvel Comic Book series to name just a few. Stop being so petty and just be thankful we have such great choices.

My sentiments exactly.

Def been a bigger HT fan for a while now, but this really puts the nail in the coffin for Medi in my book.

That being said, I don't think it is THAT bad as many have said, but in a world where HT exist, other companies just have to start stepping up their game, esp Medi. This is too over-styled for my taste, and the coat material looks like cloth, as opposed to the nice wool coat look I feel it had in the promos.

I still look forward to seeing their TDK Bats, hopefully as a standalone piece displayed away from the HT collection it will look good.

if there were no HT Joker. I'd be there.

smh. The same could be said for EVERYTHING. Everything could be "the best" and your #1 choice if it's nearest competition magically disappeared.

It's like saying "Ivan Basso would be the 2005 Tour de France champion if it weren't for Lance Armstrong" well yeah. Who cares though? No one. Because it's a weak arguement.

I think this figure looks like garbage. But not because I'm comparing it to similar products it's because it's a MOVIE LICENSED FIGURE. And I happen to have seen the movie. If I had never heard of Hot Toys or any other company and I saw this I would STILL say it looked like crap.

I wanna clarify something: I think the v.1 Joker from HT (sculpt wise) looks like garbage as well. And I've said as much on here. Strictly as a Joker figure and NOT as a Movie Licensed figure I think the HT v.1 and this Medicom one look ok. But the problem is, they're not just Joker figures. They're Movie Licensed TDK Joker figures.. so they're supposed to bear some resemblance to Heath Ledger as the Joker from "The Dark Knight". Unless my definition of a product that's "Movie Licensed" is somehow wrong!?

that looks terrible, it looks like a woman, where the hell is heath in THAT?
While yes, what you are saying is basically correct Devil 666, even most people would here still agree, that the V1 Hot Toys Joker looks great, and HEAPS better than this 'thing'

3050606002_0ed29263ab_o.jpg

In that pose, and with that non-threatening face, he looks like he is getting ready to break into song... a thoughtful, wistful song.

This Summer Heath Ledger stars as Pierrot the Clown! :lol

smh. The same could be said for EVERYTHING. Everything could be "the best" and your #1 choice if it's nearest competition magically disappeared.

It's like saying "Ivan Basso would be the 2005 Tour de France champion if it weren't for Lance Armstrong" well yeah. Who cares though? No one. Because it's a weak arguement.

I think this figure looks like garbage. But not because I'm comparing it to similar products it's because it's a MOVIE LICENSED FIGURE. And I happen to have seen the movie. If I had never heard of Hot Toys or any other company and I saw this I would STILL say it looked like crap.

Regardless how it looks, you know its the Joker from TDK. Even this one. But atleast the HT V1 Joker has a realistic sculpt...

Is your message adressed to Medicom? :D

Yeah, really. Why should I respect such an overpriced, piss-poor product? If anything, Medicom needs to do more to earn my respect. The divide between Hot Toys and Medicom continues to widen more with every product. It seems like HT tries harder and harder, and Medi phones it in more each time. I can speak with authority on this- I used to buy Medis like crazy... I have dropped thousands on Medicom. I sold all mine after both companies released POTC figures, and when I saw that Venom was shorter than Spider-Man, not to mention I was never happy that all Medis were shorter than all other 1/6 figures. Medi started looking like an overpriced toy from that point. For that level of quality, Medicom is WAY overcharging, and their prices are getting even more absurd rather than better. Not to mention Hot Toys GIVES you alter-ego heads with your hero figures rather than making you buy the secret identity seperately. I never feel like I am wasting my money on a Hot Toys figure, and even before HT I felt like Medicoms were costing me too much.

I agree this looks terrible. Are these only coming out now??

For the price, and for how long they've taken to be released this has to be seen as woeful. I don't understand why they'd make it ''slightly animated''. Whats the point of that? Either make it completely cartoony or completely realistic. Deeply unimpressive.

Back