Medicom Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Criticizing and complaining hardly signifies anything if people are still going to buy their product. Medicom will only step up their game when their sales suffer a serious drop.

It's not like Medicom actually observe message boards like Hot Toys or Sideshow.

If they did, they would have scrap this Joker or improved it.

Again your missing the point and you have change the whole topic into another area of discussion. I was simply responding to you stereotyping the medicom fans.

The discussion on losing sales/improvement etc... will be never ending and Im not really here to talk about that.

That said, have a Gd Lunar New Year and enjoy your holidays cheers!

people get so offended by medicom's ineptitude on this forum, i personally wish they would match hot toys just so they can get into more competition and benefit us the consumers with better figures

people get so offended by medicom's ineptitude on this forum, i personally wish they would match hot toys just so they can get into more competition and benefit us the consumers with better figures
Medicom used to be really good. They set new standards in quality, licenses, and innovation in the 12 inch line. Sadly, they stop improving.

These days, it is reasonable to expect a figure that is as good or better than the prototype. With Medicom, you can only expect it to be worse with a lot of QC issues to boot.

There are quite a bit of Medicom figure that I like, namely their Kamen Rider or Metal Gear Solid line. But it kills me a little bit each time I bought one because it will be way more expensive than HT, it will not be as good as the prototype and there will almost definitely be QC issues with it.

Yet I got no other choice when it comes to Kamen Rider or Metal Gear Solid. They are the only one doing it.

I also hate their mailaway exclusive concept. Basically to complete a line, you need to buy a figure with a special ticket inside that will allow you to buy the next figure in the series. It works in Japan because you can buy the special ticket figure at retail.

For us outside of Japan, a mailaway exclusive can cost up to 50% more expensive because we can't use the ticket outside of Japan to secure the figure.

This is a really narrow think local not global mentality.

The amount of flak Medicom has been receiving, they brought it upon themselves. They got really cool licenses and has a really great body that are slowly going to waste because of bad business decision.

yes i agree with you, the only figures from them i have are the olive drab snake, raiden, and black spiderman 3. i was actually disappointed with snake and spiderman (snake's rubber fingers, i had to buy two spidermen because one came with a broken arm) and the only reason i buy from them are because they have these licenses. their anime figures seem to be better though from what ive seen and heard.

Got the shoes and socks from this figure on ebay, which came today. They're pretty great IMO, have a more beat up look, correct color, and less detail than the hot toys ones (which had too much compared to the shoes on screen). Smaller than the DCD ones but bigger than the Hot Toys make.

**Nothing else is from medicom on my handless, headless True Type figure.

jokershoes.jpg

jokershoescloseup.jpg

Got the shoes and socks from this figure on ebay, which came today. They're pretty great IMO, have a more beat up look, correct color, and less detail than the hot toys ones (which had too much compared to the shoes on screen). Smaller than the DCD ones but bigger than the Hot Toys make.

**Nothing else is from medicom on my handless, headless True Type figure.

lol how can an item have too much detail. the Hot Toys Joker shoes are dead on. they look much more like a real shoe then the Medicom shoes which look plastic, and dont have the correct pattern at all.

I'd be happy with as much as you have currently.. :lol

I'm still looking for a TT, V.1 Joker clothes (minus tie/shirt & shoes/socks) + The Medicom shoes and socks then a BillyB combo shirt and tie. Essentially what you have currently + the coats/gloves.

Any chance you'd sell what's in that picture? :naughty

Last edited:
lol how can an item have too much detail. the Hot Toys Joker shoes are dead on. they look much more like a real shoe then the Medicom shoes which look plastic, and dont have the correct pattern at all.

The hot toys ones have too many wrinkles on the top of the shoe. Plain and simple.

Shoes.jpg

Anybody have a picture of the shoe blade at the party scene? Or a close up of his shoes on the set in general?

Seriously, they're no where near as wrinkled as the Hot Toys ones.

jokkkker.jpg

jokkkkkkkkkk.jpg

tdkpromo3.jpg

They're pretty flat right above the arch.

joker+shoes.jpg

To each their own, I like the Hot Toys shoes, I just think they went a little bit overboard with the wrinkles (maybe it was the paint:monkey1)

I'd be happy with as much as you have currently.. :lol

I'm still looking for a TT, V.1 Joker clothes (minus tie/shirt & shoes/socks) + The Medicom shoes and socks then a BillyB combo shirt and tie. Essentially what you have currently + the coats/gloves.

Any chance you'd sell what's in that picture? :naughty

Seems like a lot of people are on a quest to at least replace the shirt and tie that came with Hot Toys. I'd like to add snaps to the waist coat, and something still needs to be done about the incorrect colored coat:gun

Last edited:
As far as I know, this pair of shoes + entire outifit is from TDK.

tdkjoker5.jpg

And the HT shoes do not look anymore accurate then the Medicom ones imo. They're both inaccurate.

joker+shoes.jpg

First off, because HT used a peg to attach the shoe and not an actual foot, they made the shoes HIGH TOPS instead of low cut loafers.
Also the color is off.. because they're suppose to be dusty and dirty.. but HT made the actual shoe the color of the dust instead of black with brownish dust. They also look too shiny and plastic-like.

Last edited:
Looks great KBA!! How did you mod them to attach them?

Just took a blow dryer to the shoes to get them looser, and while they were hot just carefully slipped the socked true type foot in. No modding at all:)

And I agree with you Devil, they're both inaccurate in different ways, I just prefer the medicom ones.

looking back over those previous pics of the figure, the headsculpt is not that bad....the textures of the wite make up look quite good and the shape of his chin reminds me of ledger a lot. There are alos hints at his scarring whihc appear to be quite accurate. I think with a top quality repaint, the headsculp could be very good indeed. The clothes on the other hand are a different problem entirely.

Back