Medicom Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow harsh the medi joker is ok it has good and bad ......to me any way.... Well the good is the color of the outfit looks nice to me the vest mostly.... the bad A lil short ......the ugly the head!!! this joker is not for me....but if you like it buy it to hell with what others think......

would get this figure, repaint the face, and put it on a ht body with the ht clothes. then it would look great. the sculpt of the head looks really good, but the paint flat out sucks. i do think that it looks like a decent figure...just not worth the price it's going for.

would get this figure, repaint the face, and put it on a ht body with the ht clothes. then it would look great. the sculpt of the head looks really good, but the paint flat out sucks. i do think that it looks like a decent figure...just not worth the price it's going for.

why would you repaint it when its allready perfect,dont touch it!

You should then just replace the headsculpt with the HT one, while you are at it.

Medicom fans can be a loyal bunch. They take whatever crap Medicom throws at them. No wonder they are still in business despite being a long way from Hot Toys level of consistency and quality.

The same can be said for lots of other toy companies, but thats not really the point.

The point is,your just stereotyping Medicom fans in general. We are not so narrow minded that we can't tell the difference from good & bad figures.

If a figure is bad, its bad, we don't deny it. Infact, we often criticise & complain about Medicom as well.

You should then just replace the headsculpt with the HT one, while you are at it.
:joyOOOOOhhh...hahaha...that's sooooofunny! why couldn't i think up a gem like that one??? you should be a comedian! too funny.:joy

In case you didn't sense my sarcasm, what is the problem with the head, besides the paint? the sculpt is very good. is it hot toys? no, but it is a decent second (or third, including DC).
why in all of those pictures is joker hanging from fishing line by his wrist?

i have got no clue!

:joyOOOOOhhh...hahaha...that's sooooofunny! why couldn't i think up a gem like that one??? you should be a comedian! too funny.:joy

In case you didn't sense my sarcasm, what is the problem with the head, besides the paint? the sculpt is very good. is it hot toys? no, but it is a decent second (or third, including DC).

Did you get that one? Good Job.

My point is: why would you pay all of that money for the Medicom Joker if you are just going to replace everything with the HT stuff?

lol Medicom... Hot Toys... Enterbay... Sideshow... Fanboys...

I'm a 1/6 collector. I don't defend any company. However this figure is a mixed bag! It's takes a required taste to like it. I don't believe Medicom was going for 100% film accuracy going into their TDK line. It's more or less a "Pop Art" figure, well that's my theory and my theory alone.

My biggest gripe is the coat, the Joker's coat is smooth. Not lumpy and rough as if it had been sitting out in the rain for hours then brushed with a steel wired brush.

Did you get that one? Good Job.

My point is: why would you pay all of that money for the Medicom Joker if you are just going to replace everything with the HT stuff?

i think the rest of the figure flat out sucks, as i have already clearly stated, i would only want to get the head, and repaint it. everything else about the figure is pretty god awful, especially that furry jacket.

lol Medicom... Hot Toys... Enterbay... Sideshow... Fanboys...

I'm a 1/6 collector. I don't defend any company. However this figure is a mixed bag! It's takes a required taste to like it. I don't believe Medicom was going for 100% film accuracy going into their TDK line. It's more or less a "Pop Art" figure, well that's my theory and my theory alone.

I would have to disagree, I don't think the whole line was going for a "Pop Art" feel just look at this and tell me they weren't trying to be accurate.

I just think they dropped the ball on the Joker figure :horror

Here is the link to the Medicom bat picks if anyones interested, there is a close up shot on the site of the batman fig as well. Sorry I have no idea how to post a pic without it being an attached thumbnail.

https://www.eddiewong.net/2008/07/25/medicom-the-dark-knight-batman-and-kubricks/

The same can be said for lots of other toy companies, but thats not really the point.

The point is,your just stereotyping Medicom fans in general. We are not so narrow minded that we can't tell the difference from good & bad figures.

If a figure is bad, its bad, we don't deny it. Infact, we often criticise & complain about Medicom as well.
Criticizing and complaining hardly signifies anything if people are still going to buy their product. Medicom will only step up their game when their sales suffer a serious drop.

It's not like Medicom actually observe message boards like Hot Toys or Sideshow.

If they did, they would have scrap this Joker or improved it.

I would have to disagree, I don't think the whole line was going for a "Pop Art" feel just look at this and tell me they weren't trying to be accurate.

I just think they dropped the ball on the Joker figure :horror

Here is the link to the Medicom bat picks if anyones interested, there is a close up shot on the site of the batman fig as well. Sorry I have no idea how to post a pic without it being an attached thumbnail.

https://www.eddiewong.net/2008/07/25/medicom-the-dark-knight-batman-and-kubricks/
Just because their tdk suit batman is slimmer doesn't make it movie accurate. go get some shots of the real suit and some shots of ht tdk batman and make a comparison.

If you are so incline to insist that Medicom is trying to be movie accurate with this line go pull up pictures of their Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent/ Twoface. They all look like slim caricatures to me :duh

Just because their tdk suit batman is slimmer doesn't make it movie accurate. go get some shots of the real suit and some shots of ht tdk batman and make a comparison.

If you are so incline to insist that Medicom is trying to be movie accurate with this line go pull up pictures of their Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent/ Twoface. They all look like slim caricatures to me :duh

I have said it before, Medicom's slim body does not work for the majority of their human figures, but the body is simply perfect for the TDK suit. No need for comparisson pics, I have the Hot Toys DK Batman and love it, but I can clearly see and admit that Medicom's DK Batman looks more accurate than Hot Toys'. That said, Hot Toys has them beat everywhere else.

2697501793_a35eeb422a.jpg

batman_the_dark_knight_image.jpg

the-dark-knight-got-milk.jpg

:confused::confused:When did I say anything about the fig being slimmer and therefore it has to be movie accurate?? I was just pointing out that there DK batman looked really well done, it is very detailed and actually looks like batman as opposed to the joker fig which to me and a lot of people does not even come close to what we saw on screen.

You mentioned that the Joker was probably meant to look that way because they went in a "Pop Art" direction for the "TDK Line" I was simply pointing out that clearly they didn't if you look at there Batman in the SAME line.

How bout next time try reading the post instead of just looking at only the pretty pictures :rolleyes:

Thanks to LChinoz for posting the Pics above :)

Back