Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my Sr. this week. Overall I think he is pretty cool and I am very happy with the purchase. My only complaint is that the hat could have been better.

Two of these pics are some quick ones I took with my iPhone, but I thought they really captured the likeness. The other is the best Indy purchase I have ever made, the sweet Dark Artist Indy custom. I Crusaded him up since Sr. arrived. This is my first post with pics, so if they suck, please me gentle.

M-

Excellent looking Indy. :rock Looks good with his daddy.

Well, the fragility of their base body is one of a myriad of issues many of us have with Medicom these days. The biggest, of course, is that they're not at all worth what the pricepoint is now.

The Medicom Han Solo is evidence exhibit A.

Great pics guys--- and keep them coming... But I don't think I'll lay down the $300 clams for the both of them, and I'm still gun shy on the $150 for Sr.

Well, the fragility of their base body is one of a myriad of issues many of us have with Medicom these days. The biggest, of course, is that they're not at all worth what the pricepoint is now.

Yeah, I agree. The plastic reminds me of the same type of plastic used in Gundam models. It stands great, but any real force and it's busted. My wife laughs every time I've opened a Medicom in the same room with her. I sit there with my teeth grit like the friggin' Hulk while I try to loosen all of the sticky joints on the RAH fearing that dreaded "TAK!" of some part on the body breaking.

The Medicom Han Solo is evidence exhibit A.

Great pics guys--- and keep them coming... But I don't think I'll lay down the $300 clams for the both of them, and I'm still gun shy on the $150 for Sr.

You should be. While Henry Sr is a great sculpt and a nice figure overall it's not at all worth that and is very toyish and cheap-looking in several respects. I pretty much have buyer's remorse for getting it at the $150. So much so that I have canceled both Young Indy and Sweeney Todd. The only Medicom figure I have on order now is the LOST Jack Shephard figure... and that's because he's under 100 bucks and I used RP to get him for 50.

Medicom is going to really have to step up the quality of their figures (or price them sanely) if I'm ever going to collect them again.

In its defence the plastic used for the Indy body feels much tougher than before. It doesn't have that fragile, brittle feel. However it's even smaller and much skinnier than the standard RAH. I don't know what possessed them, but it's probably the last Medicom figure I'll buy. They're so far behind Hot Toys it's not funny.

In its defence the plastic used for the Indy body feels much tougher than before. It doesn't have that fragile, brittle feel. However it's even smaller and much skinnier than the standard RAH. I don't know what possessed them, but it's probably the last Medicom figure I'll buy. They're so far behind Hot Toys it's not funny.

I heard the same thing about Jango's body, but it was just as cheap as Luke's.

Uh.........."irony?" That would'a made sense if the delayed figure were the flash, Speedy Gonzales or something along those lines (hurry up and wait - ironic), but...wtf?! :confused:

EDIT: Most of us have waited DECADES for this figure. Medicom's bombed like the meat turd it is, Hasbro's low-end offering was decent for the $20 but worth every penny, and now we're set to finally get one a hell of a lot better than any of us expected, and on a NEW SIDESHOW BODY at that! How exactly is it going to kill you to wait another month or so?! Seriously. :rolleyes:

Like I said 'its just an expression' Chill..........
I always think it looks a little silly when people get all 'shouty' on an internet message board, a bit pointless too, like 'peeing in the wind'. I suppose now I'm in for a 'lecture' on how it was me who got all 'airieated' about it in the first place, we'll I grovel before you all for forgiveness, how silly I have been to dare to express a little exasperation at not recieving a figure yet. Hey but hang on, haven't lots of people felt that way? Perhaps they all need a good lecturing too to!

And with that I bid you all farewell. I'm calling it a day here. I can't stand it when someone gets on their 'high-horse' and get all picky fighty.
So 'thenammagazine', shout away, It'll be to deaf ears......

Bye!

Last edited:
Like I said, these are the first Medicom figures I have owned, or even handled for that matter. Neither of their bodies seem cheap or fragile to me though. Not doubting that past Medicom figures may be that way, but these two seem pretty sturdy. The joints all function properly, not too loose and not too tight (or frozen in place like a few of my Sideshow figures have been). They hold a pose and stand on their own without any assistance. I agree that they are thin, but don't feel like they are going to snap or anything. Maybe I just lucked out and got two good ones...I don't know.

I bought the Medicom Indy because I live in Japan and I'm pretty happy with it. The "pretty" is a qualifier. I think the price is a bit much, but I paid it because it's Indiana Jones. Some of my issues with the figure itself would be alleviated or at least lessened at a lower price point, but I can't really complain since I'm the one who made the decision and paid my money.

Overall, I'd rate it as a decent figure. The likeness is close enough and the hair actually features some great sculpting. Hair sometimes comes off as clay or overly tubular. Not this time. The face sculpt is a bit soft, and for it to truly capture Harrison Ford it needs the slightly crooked nose. Nope. The nose looks too straight and thin. Still, at first or second glance it's him. I would've liked to see more texture, a la Hot Toys' current work. Theirs are getting so realistic they're approaching the uncanny valley at times! But this Indy is a pretty smooth fella.

The body is thin. I have to agree with a lot of the posters here- he does seems kinda scrawny. I guess a customizer could pad him abdomen or something. The articulation is pretty standard, but leaves me jonesing for the new Sideshow body. On mine, some of the double joints were frozen at first, leading me to believe they were single joints. That displeased me but now I've got them loosened up.

The paint applications are clean. The main problem is the thick pink app where his lips are. That looks especially doll-like and leaves him looking a little made-up. It doesn't mesh well with the airbrushed beard or the multiple passes on the hair.

The outfit is a mixed bag. The pants and shirt are excellent, as is the leather jacket material. And the colors on the actual figure are fairly screen accurate is memory serves. The let down comes from the big fat toy-like zipper. And it doesn't zip. If they were going to give us a non-functional zipper, it seems they could've gone with a smaller toothed nylon one molded in silverish color or something. A flatter look might've also appeared more natural. But the details are there, the back adjustment straps and all. His belts are flimsy plastic and seem cheap, as are his shoes. I've read a lot of complaints about the hat. I think it's merely okay. Fits nicely and tightly on his head.

Lots of cool accessories, but the whip isn't scaled well. Probably due to the pleather material.

I think if you have serious qualms with the price, then you're better off passing on it. That's a shrewd decision, as far as I'm concerned. For me, I'm happy I got it but it's not the perfect happiness of something dear.

Anyway, that's my probably over-detailed take on it.

The list price is high but you can get one on ebay for as low as $115 shipped
if you use the current live.com discount.

Like I said 'its just an expression' Chill..........
I always think it looks a little silly when people get all 'shouty' on an internet message board, a bit pointless too, like 'peeing in the wind'. I suppose now I'm in for a 'lecture' on how it was me who got all 'airieated' about it in the first place, we'll I grovel before you all for forgiveness, how silly I have been to dare to express a little exasperation at not recieving a figure yet. Hey but hang on, haven't lots of people felt that way? Perhaps they all need a good lecturing too to!

And with that I bid you all farewell. I'm calling it a day here. I can't stand it when someone gets on their 'high-horse' and get all picky fighty.
So 'thenammagazine', shout away, It'll be to deaf ears......

Bye!

Wasn't shouting, nor was I trying to get "picky fighty" with the "decades" remark, merely overemphasizing my frustration at not getting anything quality from the Indy movies as a child, when we should have, and expecting a child/teen/college student to fork out $400 for a McCoy was absurd. Here I am, in my mid 30's, decades later, finally seeing the license given it's dues. We all KNOW it's coming and I can afford to wait a few more weeks. I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post.

Last edited:
Got them today from CSC!

The baby is teething so I haven't much time to admire them but I'm very happy. I still love that Indy headsculpt. Yes, the body is skinny but I have a massive on order that I'll swap. The clothes are loose enough that it should be perfect. I'm so impressed I may order the KOTCS version.

The accessories are a mixed bag. Some of the Hasbro ones are nicer (whip, bag) so I may switch those.

Henry Sr. is perfect. The bodies feel a lot sturdier than my comic Spider-Man (which broke out of the box). When I get my massive I may swap some parts to fix Spidey.

They're pricy, yes but I sold a lot on ebay that I don't miss. So to me, they feel free. And I'm sure the SSC will blow Indy away but he goes perfectly with henry Sr.Best of all, I finally get to have this in my display:

Halloween021.jpg

Got them today from CSC!

The baby is teething so I haven't much time to admire them but I'm very happy. I still love that Indy headsculpt. Yes, the body is skinny but I have a massive on order that I'll swap. The clothes are loose enough that it should be perfect. I'm so impressed I may order the KOTCS version.

The accessories are a mixed bag. Some of the Hasbro ones are nicer (whip, bag) so I may switch those.

Henry Sr. is perfect. The bodies feel a lot sturdier than my comic Spider-Man (which broke out of the box). When I get my massive I may swap some parts to fix Spidey.

They're pricy, yes but I sold a lot on ebay that I don't miss. So to me, they feel free. And I'm sure the SSC will blow Indy away but he goes perfectly with henry Sr.Best of all, I finally get to have this in my display:

Halloween021.jpg

Thanks for sharing,
that setup looks amazing!

Got them today from CSC!

Halloween021.jpg

Wow - great picture, thank you. Where did you get that motorcycle and sidecar?

Got them today from CSC!

Halloween021.jpg

That will look great with the SS Indy.

Back