Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OT: for those who looking forward with new body from SS......regret to let you know that the body turns up with rather weak joints as comment receives from a collector who purchase latest release of General Obi-Wan Kenobi.:( The guys eventually swap out the body to overcome the issue......

Pix redirect from Toy-world

ap_20081025080126814.jpg.jpg

OT: for those who looking forward with new body from SS......regret to let you know that the body turns up with rather weak joints as comment receives from a collector who purchase latest release of General Obi-Wan Kenobi.:( The guys eventually swap out the body to overcome the issue......

I have two. And while they're looser than I'd like, they're not remotely as bad as that. And that's NOT the body being used for Indiana Jones either so I don't even really see how it's remotely relevant.

Hey, so should we blame HT for the body or Sideshow? So far both new bodies have been joint efforts... so who do we blame?

Hey, so should we blame HT for the body or Sideshow? So far both new bodies have been joint efforts... so who do we blame?

You could always blame yourself for buying the first offering of a product. There will ALWAYS be bugs to be worked out when companies offer something new. I've heard all the complaints about the Hobbits being loose as well, yet mine are, again, a little looser than normal but something I can easily live with. I wonder how much of that is a few people who posted legitimate concerns followed by haters who don't even own the products. This gets compounded by paranoids, who will think that a joint that's slightly loose will eventually become floppy. It'd be nice to see the percentile breakdown.

You could always blame yourself for buying the first offering of a product. There will ALWAYS be bugs to be worked out when companies offer something new. I've heard all the complaints about the Hobbits being loose as well, yet mine are, again, a little looser than normal but something I can easily live with. I wonder how much of that is a few people who posted legitimate concerns followed by haters who don't even own the products. This gets compounded by paranoids, who will think that a joint that's slightly loose will eventually become floppy. It'd be nice to see the percentile breakdown.

Yeah it really is hard to know definitively how bad the problems were. I just know that both of my Hobbits (and to a lesser extent Kenobi) had floppy joints. Not completely terrible like the early sideshow figures... but enough that you have to use a stand.

Yeah it really is hard to know definitively how bad the problems were. I just know that both of my Hobbits (and to a lesser extent Kenobi) had floppy joints. Not completely terrible like the early sideshow figures... but enough that you have to use a stand.

At least they included a stand. :p

Just broke down and bought this on Ebay for $106.00 , I'm still keeping my SSC order but decided to get both since both figures have alot to offer.

img578_0.jpg
If you replace the Medicom Body for a Neo-Guy figure, and a little repaint on the face, the figure is not bad. The Neo-Guy figure is pretty much a Medicom figure on steroids, but better articulation IMO, except for the ankles, but you can fix this easy by sawing off 1/4" or more, then the Medicom feet fit in there perfectly. The head can be mounted by making a small incision with an X-acto under the head cavity, then you can attach it to the Neo-Guy neck. As for the hands, you can use any variety of Hot Toy hands...THEY FIT!

Last edited:
Incredible work Mindbook, as usual. Are you talking the Dragon Neo3 for the figure. Just wanted to make sure, cause I might buy one and do that.

img578_0.jpg
If you replace the Medicom Body for a Neo-Guy figure, and a little repaint on the face, the figure is not bad. The Neo-Guy figure is pretty much a Medicom figure on steroids, but better articulation IMO, except for the ankles, but you can fix this easy by sawing off 1/4" or more, then the Medicom feet fit in there perfectly. The head can be mounted by making a small incision with an X-acto under the head cavity, then you can attach it to the Neo-Guy neck. As for the hands, you can use any variety of Hot Toy hands...THEY FIT!

Ah... The hip thrust.

:lol

Can anyone post some side-by-side shots of Henry with a common 12" figure?

I'm thinking of picking one up because he looks great in the sidecar images, but on the shelf I still don't know...

Holy cow!!
That looks amazing!!
Did you use Medi's clothes too?
So they fit on a larger body?

You'll have to be very careful which body you use. I tried a variety of spares I had lying around (including Hot Toys, Sideshow, Ignite, and Medicom), and none worked. They were either too long (trousers barely reaching the boots), too broad (couldn't button the shirt) or both. This figure above looks to work very well but I don't think it's very easily available. I couldn't find any on eBay for example, and I've never seen any in the Monkey Depot or any of the other online retailers I deal with.

Really great job on it. The face was 70% and you brought it way up.

Back