Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple recently sold for $400 and like $550. I imagine having new versions has hurt his desirability a bit. But really impressive that a figure as old has him can still hold up so well. And honestly with a body swap, or at least the hands I think he'd be even better.

and when you put the hat on his head it looks great straight away - as opposed to Medicom where you've got to tweak it for half an hour just to stop him looking like a Mountie.

I think Indy looks better than the protos, but oh my god, that Indy is still ^^^^. $180 for this garbage is unacceptable. I know this is supposed to be the polite thread but there are no reedeming features. However, the Henry Sr does look very good. Still overpriced though.

Who's paying $180 for this? CSC has him for $135. I got one on order mainly to go with Henry. My plan is to have one Indy from each movie:

Raiders: SSC Indy

TOD: Custom SSC indy w/ torn Kenner shirt and either a Hot Toys muscular body or SovereignStudios arm skin. Haven't decided yet.

TLC: Medi Indy with a tie and possibly massive body. Displayed on a 21st century german motorcycle with sidecar and Henry Sr.

Crystal Skull: unless the Medi looks way better than the pics I'll skip the entire thing

Who's paying $180 for this? CSC has him for $135. I got one on order mainly to go with Henry. My plan is to have one Indy from each movie:

Raiders: SSC Indy

TOD: Custom SSC indy w/ torn Kenner shirt and either a Hot Toys muscular body or SovereignStudios arm skin. Haven't decided yet.

TLC: Medi Indy with a tie and possibly massive body. Displayed on a 21st century german motorcycle with sidecar and Henry Sr.

Crystal Skull: unless the Medi looks way better than the pics I'll skip the entire thing

Bro, the Medicom ain't even worth that.

I've now got the Medicom Indy and Henry figures. Henry, I think, is pretty decent - sure, the clothes don't compare with a Hot Toys suit but the face sculpt is great. I think the Indy sculpt is pretty good too, although I think the head is a bit thin and elongated - kind of like some cheap figure heads look when they've been boil and popped. I wanted them because I think they look okay on a shelf, and I wanted them to go with the young Indy figure I'll be getting next year. And, frankly because for all their faults, this is only the second high end ROTLA Indy figure ever, there'll only be one more, and there'll never be any after that unless we get Indy 5, and even then maybe not. And it's the only officially licensed Henry Jones Snr we'll ever get.

Given that I've bought these as an Indy fan rather than action figure collector, I'm reasonably happy with them. Yeah, they don't compare to Hot Toys, but then, nothing else does. Everything that's been written about their faults is true. On the other hand, they're not rubbish - they're not a complete crapfest. They are good likenesses, and to me that's more important than anything in a figure.

I wouldn't advise anyone else to buy these, but I'm glad I own them - even if I'm aware that they could have been a whole lot better. And don't pay more than I did ($260 for both, including shipping in two days from Hong Kong to the UK).

wait, what? i specificly held off to see what sideshow would do. so when did sideshow say they were not doing jones snr?

ahhh. ok. not that i don't like medi snr, but with as good as indy is, i'm willing to wait and get the best looking one of the two, after I CAN COMAPRE THEM BOTH.
I'll likely get mut and young indy regardless tho, they look far tooo awesome.

ahhh. ok. not that i don't like medi snr, but with as good as indy is, i'm willing to wait and get the best looking one of the two, after I CAN COMAPRE THEM BOTH.
I'll likely get mut and young indy regardless tho, they look far tooo awesome.

Young Indy looks really good but I've had my fill of Medi (both price and construction)--- I'll hold out and only get any of them waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the road at a very reduced $$$ once I know for sure that nothing's coming from SSC.

to date. shawns indy is THEE BEST!

now the MEDI SR ,YOUNG INDY, and MUTT are just unbelievably cool. SR needs to be a bit bigger but nothing a little padding in the belly cant fix :)

at this price point and with what HT is putting out at the same cost or even cheaper. the regular indy needs work.

I think the Medicom Mutt is hideous. He looks too Asian and the jacket is way too shiny and 80's nightclubish.

I just don't believe there'll be anymore SSC figures after Belloq.

That's jumping to conclusions a little TOO early, don't ya think? Medicom isn't selling because they just aren't offering a quality to match their extremely high prices (Henry Sr. aside).

Hasbro is cutting their Indy line because they, as usual, mass produced too much of the "eh, I already have this guy" crap and marketed them toward children who are like WTF who's this old guy?! vs. the true Indy fans directly, the collectors. Plus they've dropped the ball in getting the 3rd and 4th wave of figures into the market in time for the DVD release so that hurt them as well. They should've done what Mattel is doing with their new He-Man line.

But Sideshow hasn't even released theirs yet and EVEN THE EXCLUSIVE BELLOQ has waitlisted AT $130! Like the G.I. Joe line, it's gonna take time to do it right. And us Indy fans have been around for quite some time so it's not like we're going anywhere.

PLUS! There's talk of doing more Indiana Jones movies. There's a thread about it (here). Harrison's up for it, so is Spielberg and GL's supposedly plotting a new one (let's hope no more UFO's,,,) so interest in the franchise can only grow. Given the amount of money this last one earned, they'd be stupid not to keep the ball rolling while they still can.

I think the Medicom Mutt is hideous. He looks too Asian and the jacket is way too shiny and 80's nightclubish.

Well, it's supposedly the 50's when KOTCS happens and given his age, he'll be an adult in the 70's-80's so give him a John Holmes-style headband and he's ready to get funky in adult films during that time and become a washed-out coke addict by the time the mid 80's hit!:p

Just got my Medi Henry and Indy. Aside from scale and lack of accessories (no grail diary?) Henry's a home run. I dearly wish he would be in scale with the SSC Indy.

The Medi Indy on the other hand - has more accessories than all my other Medi's put together. But it just doesn't look right. I'm glad SSC is going with a sculpted on hat, because that's the weakest part of the medi - the hat just can't look right. The whip does look more Hasblow than Medi and it isn't wired, so you can't really pose it. And with all these accessories, he doesn't even come with a hand that can hold the idol? What's up with that?

I'm glad I'm getting all the Medi Indy figures since sSC is so slow as to be moving imperceptibly, but I don't know that I'll be buying any more Medis after these.

Just got my Medi Henry and Indy. Aside from scale and lack of accessories (no grail diary?) Henry's a home run. I dearly wish he would be in scale with the SSC Indy.

The Medi Indy on the other hand - has more accessories than all my other Medi's put together. But it just doesn't look right. I'm glad SSC is going with a sculpted on hat, because that's the weakest part of the medi - the hat just can't look right. The whip does look more Hasblow than Medi and it isn't wired, so you can't really pose it. And with all these accessories, he doesn't even come with a hand that can hold the idol? What's up with that?

I'm glad I'm getting all the Medi Indy figures since sSC is so slow as to be moving imperceptibly, but I don't know that I'll be buying any more Medis after these.

You say that Dave but to me the Young Indy may be in the right scale. I think he may be worth it.

But that Medi Han looks pretty good to me, and like Deak said, Young Indy looks like it might be in the right scale. I can still totally understand why some people actively dislike Medicom though. I would have bought the Henry no matter what, but I do wonder if I would have bought the Medicom Indy if SSC's had been out already.

to date. shawns indy is THEE BEST!

now the MEDI SR ,YOUNG INDY, and MUTT are just unbelievably cool. SR needs to be a bit bigger but nothing a little padding in the belly cant fix :)

at this price point and with what HT is putting out at the same cost or even cheaper. the regular indy needs work.

Amen Brother. Here's my Indy from Shawn at Soverign Studios:

IMG_4837-1.jpg

Story tell me that never trust the photo to make your pre-order until you see the real thing......Well, I should have switched to Sr. Henry instead, but it didn't comes to my mine at the time......

Luckily, it doesn't cost me too much and I will leave him in the box for a decade or two......

DSCF0148.jpg

DSCF0150.jpg

Back