Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now why cant we just take a modded Medicom head and chuck it on a HT body?!

The Medi head doesnt fit on the HT bats, u have to do some serious modding to the head for it to fit & look naturally. Otherwise it will look like a batman with a really long neck.

What is with these people that just post out of box shots though from the previous days. All aboard!

Love these pics. That cape does indeed look fun.

_MG_5532.jpg

_MG_5540.jpg

Is the cape got any bendable wire inside??? well... at least medi basher can shut up this time

I got mine!!!!!!!

some quick thoughts

Pros & Cons
-Cowl is excellent but suffers from a slightly higher forehead,weird green eyes paint, poor chin & lips paint. The angry stare look is there though.

- Suit is a little hard to describe. He's actually wearing two suits. I believe theres a whole piece a inner black spandex suit covering the body. The arms are actually worn like sleeves that goes into the chest. The outer suit is a once piece vinyl suit, covering from the legs all the way to the chest. As far as I can tell the vinyl feels similar to the recent Medicom Alien figure. (doesnt smells like rubber). The shoulder plates are actually glued on to the arms, which will look a little weird when the arms are fully down, it's less screen accurate but allows better articulation. The chest & back plates are glued on to the suit as well.

The gauntlet blades are parallel

I believe they stuff some type of foam at the thighs & buttocks to give it the look it needed, but it restricts articulation a little too much.

Belt & Grapple Gun - slightly smaller scale compared to HT, color wise HT wins

Boots are made of soft vinyl as well & it retains the articulation of the fit, bend them upwards,downwards etc..

Cape is fully wired, great & fun for posing, definitely help with those flying in the air poses. Cape is sew on to a little leather like part that is somehow attached to upper chest armour. I suppose u can remove them though, if u wanna change the cape.

Hands included are two slightly dynamic open
palm hands. 1 trigger hand for the grapple gun, 2 hands for holding the batarang & lastly 2 fists.

Personally, I prefer the look of the Medi suit as compared to HT, the mesh suit details just stands out more, the carbon details on the Medi suit are more accurate.

If you ask me, both are nice figures but neither are totally screen accurate enough.

Definitely gonna do some modifications to the Medi bats, see if theres anyway to fix the thunder thighs. Will most probably use the HT belt & grapple gun on him.

So if anyone needs HT TDK suit parts, drop me a pm.

kk, I'm hungry now, shall try to post some pictures either today or tomorrow.

Why the hell does Medicom use Foam inside the legs`?They did the same with the Metal Gear Solid 4 figures and it doesnt allow you to bend the legs and arm(Foam on the Arms AND Legs on the MGS4 figs).

Still a nice looking piece though,but Medicom is doing something very unecessery with the Foam.

Or perhaps somebody has finally taken the time to properly futz it? :)

Unlike the shoddy people that take it out of the wrapping and shoot.

Maybe, I think if that is all it is is futzing and the cape is easily removable and can be replaced with a buddylee cape I think I may consider picking up this one. Come on hot toys release some DX news, so I dont have to.

Not my pics but check out BBQ's pics from Toy-world.com.hk, he modded the head, I dont really understand exactly what he did, but seems he push some stuff in and with some heat.
Also, he repaint the chin area making it look more lively.

_MG_5537.jpg

_MG_5539.jpg

Original post here https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14371&extra=page=1&page=1

This looks like an ace mod!

Are the cape posing pics quoted above also BBQ's one? I can't access the link and wondered if those were an unmodded one.

Seriously, the mouth area bothers me because it reminds me of Michael Jackson. Don't ask why, I saw this figure the first time and everytime I look at it I have to think of this guy.

Why the hell does Medicom use Foam inside the legs`?They did the same with the Metal Gear Solid 4 figures and it doesnt allow you to bend the legs and arm(Foam on the Arms AND Legs on the MGS4 figs).

Still a nice looking piece though,but Medicom is doing something very unecessery with the Foam.

I will let u know whether its foam or not when I start modding mine.
But I guess, its really just to give it that aesthetic look that their sculpted muscle parts can't do.

I do agree it is a weird move, cos it restricts articulation alot.

Hm, I completely disagree with that. Yeah, you should not compare a futzed pic of one with an unfutzed pic of another, but the ideal comparison IMO is when BOTH are futzed (but of course unmodified), preferably by the same person, and posed next to each other under the same lighting conditions.
A figure can look horrible straight out of the box, but looks great when futzed. Another figure can look ok out of the box, and well, ok when futzed (and by futzing I mean simple redressing and posing of figures without any damage whatsoever, so that everybody should be able to do it without fear).

:lol:lol No actually we're in complete agreement. I was saying if people wanted to compare pics, they should be on a level playing field. So if there's modification, then compare a modified HT with a modified Medicom figure. Or both unmodified. As long as it's even and not unfair. So we agree.

I will let u know whether its foam or not when I start modding mine.
But I guess, its really just to give it that aesthetic look that their sculpted muscle parts can't do.

I do agree it is a weird move, cos it restricts articulation alot.

This might explain the thick thighs too,pretty sure it´s foam when you say it restricts the articulation.

Could some kind soul please post the pics of BBQs mod if he does a step by step?

I can't access the site and I am even getting network time out/page load errors here. :(

Ta.

Could some kind soul please post the pics of BBQs mod if he does a step by step?

I can't access the site and I am even getting network time out/page load errors here. :(

Ta.

He didnt post any step by step pics yet...but I did ask if he could show some pics of how he did it. Will share the information here when he does that.

What is with these people that just post out of box shots though from the previous days. All aboard!

Love these pics. That cape does indeed look fun.

_MG_5532.jpg

_MG_5540.jpg

:horror That is beautiful! I really want to pick this up now, but with my luck Hot Toys will announce the DX version as soon as I get it.

I really want to pick this up now, but with my luck Hot Toys will announce the DX version as soon as I get it.

Yeah, thats why I'm humming and hawing over it. I'll bet if I dont order this now, it'll be months before any pics arrive from Hot Toys.

Then if I do order it, the new fig pics might arrive early and will probably blow it out of the water.

Back