Medicom Amazing Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i really dont see how people think this looks better than the hot toys.... the suit looks like its made out of plastic bags. also plastic head sculpt and the boots look pretty bad. he is also too tall.
I would argue the ht is a little short(shorter than sp3 McGuire although Garfield is taller)
I could see an argument with the suit, would have preferred fabric
I like this head over the ht head

621408_443536495684684_115542019_o.jpg

301169_443533699018297_1104784424_n.jpg

264358_443530615685272_1167251861_n.jpg

393295_443548369016830_828390763_n.jpg

564093_443552655683068_914016238_n.jpg

413219_443552789016388_1755733058_o.jpg
Vs

The HT looks so "clean" in comparison. Nicely done.

When I say I think the overall quality on the HT looks better, I mean that there are QC issues with the Medicom version (oversized shoe soles is one of them) which I don't see being a problem on the HT figure :D

Last edited:
The HT looks so "clean" in comparison. Nicely done.

When I say I think the overall quality on the HT looks better, I mean that there are QC issues with the Medicom version (oversized shoe soles is one of them) which I don't see being a problem on the HT figure :D
3 of 4 hts figs I have, have qc issues
Emblems pealing off, magnets coming off, ankle joints breaking
Interested to see how this spidey holds up as its my first medi

Let's be fair here, both versions have their really strong points, and their weaknesses. As a quickie attempt...

The Medi head shape is somewhat better than the HT.
The HT has shoes that actually fit...Medi's not so much.
They both have costumes that crease and bunch up, but the HT's seems to be holding itself a fraction better than the Medi's...it does not seem to look quite as obvious.

Don't get me wrong, I am Spidey fan so I'd love both versions (as we did with BATMAN and Superman) but now that the collection is heading towards a second hundred figures, cost and space are seriously now factors we need to consider. So I am happy with the HT for now and will try to get a Medi further down the line, after we look at what might be able to 'go'.

I would argue the ht is a little short(shorter than sp3 McGuire although Garfield is taller)
I could see an argument with the suit, would have preferred fabric
I like this head over the ht head

Vs

Well the hot toys spiderman (toby) is way to tall to begin with. he should have been slightly shorter then asm.

Just got this one in, and damn, I like it
Captures the movie spidey well, will get some pics later

Last edited:
Sorry for the poverty pics, but I'm liking this fig!
Pros: head and eyes look nice, body is muscular yet slim(he's got quads, shoulders, and arms!), my first medicom and I'm impressed with the fig, seems well put together, suit isn't as shiny and reflective in person, suit feels like a fabric rather than a leather
Cons: too tall, shins could have been shorter, suit is restrictive in posing, wants to unbend the legs and torso when trying to pose, from past posters here, I do know the suit will wrinkle when holding a pose over time(none so far for me)
All in all, I'm happy with the purchase
I will probably do a head to head vid when the ht spidey comes out, IMO, this one will be hard to beat
6dd71583a9e2ebdcf2369fd586d5aef6.jpg

7f588fc4615b824e6234ef38a6866e6d.jpg

What's the going price of this? Looking to get one since the HT suit doesn't really appeal to me
Best I found was $189 with shipping, about $210
Would have liked to found for sale on these boards although there is a custom piece available

Sorry for the poverty pics, but I'm liking this fig!
Pros: head and eyes look nice, body is muscular yet slim(he's got quads, shoulders, and arms!), my first medicom and I'm impressed with the fig, seems well put together, suit isn't as shiny and reflective in person, suit feels like a fabric rather than a leather
Cons: too tall, shins could have been shorter, suit is restrictive in posing, wants to unbend the legs and torso when trying to pose, from past posters here, I do know the suit will wrinkle when holding a pose over time(none so far for me)
All in all, I'm happy with the purchase
I will probably do a head to head vid when the ht spidey comes out, IMO, this one will be hard to beat
6dd71583a9e2ebdcf2369fd586d5aef6.jpg

7f588fc4615b824e6234ef38a6866e6d.jpg

Grats man and nice pics. :duff

Best I found was $189 with shipping, about $210
Would have liked to found for sale on these boards although there is a custom piece available

I got this too and mostly agree with your review but the height. Medicom is famous for not too IN SCALE including this medicom spidey cos when you compare side by side with old HT spidey, they have same height yet thinner on Medi but the fact is Spidey always slim and small as young high school student.
Garfield is taller than Tobbie so I find that Medi will not accurate on the scale compare to upcoming HT Spidey.

Anyway, overall is a great figure and if you want to customize it, try to darken the suit will do.....

How tall is this one? Garfield is 5'10.5". McGuire is 5'8". The HT SM3 figure was just a bit too tall, equal to about 5'10", to be a good McGuire spiderman representation and from what I've seen the HT ASM figure is too short, shorter than SM3 figure, for an accurate Garfield representation. I'm thinking this Medi is spot on for height. Can anyone confirm this?

How tall is this one? Garfield is 5'10.5". McGuire is 5'8". The HT SM3 figure was just a bit too tall, equal to about 5'10", to be a good McGuire spiderman representation and from what I've seen the HT ASM figure is too short, shorter than SM3 figure, for an accurate Garfield representation. I'm thinking this Medi is spot on for height. Can anyone confirm this?

It's accurate, I just think the upper leg / lower leg is a little out of proportion when compared to Garfield's body

This might help :D

7982645287_5b0e633ea8_c.jpg

Thanks for the pic. I did some digging around last night and found that one. It seems the medi ASM is a bit too tall and the HT is too short.

Is there a way to modify either one? Can you take the boots off and shorten the legs at all?

I know the SM3 is nearly impossible to mod the height cause the boots are a pain in the *** to get off. Even if you did mod the height he would look too bulky and squatty. No such luck for the perfect spidey.

Back