Medicom 12" old snake and raiden suit degrade over time?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hidden Jitsu

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a question regarding the Medicom. 12" raiden and old snake series in the vinyl suit
Now I have had the old snake from new and it has never been moved , now on one of the joins between the light blue
And dark blue is splitting same on my raiden.
Now I thought this was made from soft vinyl but vinyl does not or should not do this.
So is it more likely made from rubber?
Will this gradually get worse over time and is there a way to stop this from happening?

Last edited:
All of medicom's synthetic leather or rubber/plastic will deteriorate over time if they are left in the box. Saw in some forums that featured an interview with one of the designers from medicom, and they stated that the materials are not designed to be left inside the box for long periods of time. Apparently, oils and other what-nots may leach from their materials and cause cracking or splitting if left inside the box.

In short, medicom materials need to "breathe".

Some collectors have reported that figures that were displayed tend to last longer than those that were sealed.

Back