Medicom "1/6" Cowboys and Aliens figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the Enterbay /Medi collab style. Still the odd Medi body size and ugly visible wrist joints.

Where are there more pics of these? I want to see a close up of the Craig sculpt. I don't care about the rest of him, but, that sculpt could be mega if the likeness is there.

EDIT:

DOH! I didn't realise the character names were the links!

I want this head:

11092323081c351bc6e963bba5.jpg

Please tell me that Medicom heads look proportional compared to DID and HT!

It looks like a step in the right direction with the wrists: the hinge is gone. Now if they can just figure out how to "bury" the ball joint a little better....the way Hot Toys, Soldiers Story, TTL, etc etc have...

If this turns out to be a pinhead I'll pick a window!

Please, Medicom, feel free to do a Team America job on this, or at least make it the size of the DID Dirk Kluge head!

C'mon, do it for the Bond fans if nothing else!

Medi and Enterbay heads are both smaller than HT heads so there's really no chance this is going to be HT scale.

The head-sculpts still look like a little bland. But, Medi's definitely improved from a few years ago. The tailoring on the clothes also seems to have gotten better.

The head-sculpts still look like a little bland. But, Medi's definitely improved from a few years ago. The tailoring on the clothes also seems to have gotten better.

Still out of scale, as well. These figures will not display well with anything other than more Medi figures. For the prices they are charging, Medicom needs to find a way to compete with the level of artistry on par with HT and SSC.
Even companies like DiD and Art Figure are producing much better, sturdy, articulate and in scale figures for a fraction of the price.
Anything Medi produces is a big and easy pass for me until they prove they are serious about being a player in 1/6 scale again. :lecture

The figures = meh
The daniel Craig headsculpt = HELLO! easily the best DC head yet in My opinion. Hope it's in a scale I like.

Medi and Enterbay heads are both smaller than HT heads so there's really no chance this is going to be HT scale.

This is true. It will be in a scale to fit those tiny bodies, so will look like a pinhead on a HT, SSC, or other standard 12" body.

I really like about 80% of that Craig figure. It makes me wish it was a fully sculpted action figure. I enjoyed C&A and I like cool Western looking characters. But these will no doubt be $200-ish on fragile bodies with cheap clothing. I'd much rather pay $50 for a 9" Play Arts figure.

Medi is as Medi does. They have an audience that likes their style. I don't even compare them to other 1/6 companies because they clearly don't have an interest in competing. Can't really fault them for it since they are still in business and apparently going strong.

It's just frustrating when you want realistic, quality figures of a license and Medicom picks it up. I feel the same way about Bif Bang Pow. I'm a huge LOST fan and they've made three tons of LOST ____ and I don't own one bit of it. :lol :dunno

The figures = meh
The daniel Craig headsculpt = HELLO! easily the best DC head yet in My opinion. Hope it's in a scale I like.

So do I! However, if you look at that full body shot on P1, the head even looks small on a Medi body!

Wow, I may actually buy something from medicom... That Daniel Craig head sculpt for a James Bond bash...

Sadly I fear it may turn out to be useless too us, as I stated above, the head already looks small.

Another one bites the dust........... maybe!:dunno

I know thee dark knight figures were in scale with hot toys, how have their figures been since then scale wise? I really hope it's not too small. I remember the Luke enterbay collaboration figure being a good scale?

enough with bashing of medicom..
least there making different frickin movie characters.
not cash cropping on batman and frickin iron man.
to be honest hot toys has the same problems with there products as medicom..rubber deteriation on there rocky and rambo figures and batman toys.. hot toys still can't get harrison fords likeness.
so this is my dollars worth of responding to the medicom bashing in these figures..i would rather spend my money on this then $500 dollars on iron monger knowing dam well people are going to pay another $300 to get a complete jeff bridges figure to be a companion piece..

Bashing is what I intend doing with this head, if it's big enough. To Medicom collectors I'm sure they're great.

To those of us that aren't they're not. This is, after all, Sideshow Freaks.

Sorry, man but its not bashing if its true. Their figures are out of scale, rather flimsy, bad liknesses for the most part, and they're overpriced. Those are the facts and I own a few Medi pieces.
If you like and collect them, then our opinions differ. I'd never trash your collection but those figures aren't my taste.

Back