BBK 006 - Big Bang Theory Sheldon Cooper 1/6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marine Boy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Picked this up a little while ago. It doesn't seem to have been mentioned at all on the board, and hardly any vendors carry him in stock. A shame because i think it's a decent enough figure, especially for the price. I bought him off Ebay for just under ?100. It comes with 2 headsculpts, 2 outfits and some accessories. Just by adding a spare body and shoes, it's basically 2 figures for the price of one.

A look at the box, oddly, there is no indication of the extra red shirt and long sleeve shirt.

bbt1.jpg

Green Lantern look consisting of jacket, Green T-shirt, brown pants and shoes.

bbt2.jpg

bbt3.jpg

bbt5.jpg

The stock body is quite dark and does not match the skintone of the head or hands, so it made sense to cover it up as much as possible.

bbt7.jpg

The accessories are really nice. The bag has 3 separate compartments, with proper functioning zippers.

bbt4.jpg

The shoes are stitched with separate panels, laces and eyelets. Not the usual moulded plastic, which i was expecting.

bbt6.jpg

I used a standard TT narrow shoulder body for the 2nd outfit, which works quite well. Just a little too broad shouldered for Sheldon, but looks ok. I borrowed the red trainers from the Six Million Dollar Man figure, as they went well with this look. The figure comes with a set of bendy hands, which i used for the Vulcan salute.

bbt8.jpg

bbt9.jpg

Overall, a decent figure and good value. Neither headsculpt is spot on, both looking very slightly caricature-ish, but i prefer the smiling sculpt, as it's more recognisably Jim Parsons. It's good that the 2 options are very different to one another. I would have liked a few more accessories, such as some textbooks or a laptop to put in his bag, but those can be sourced easily enough.

I do feel this release is a few years too late though. Popularity of the show peaked a few years back and most fans were not upset when it finally ended. I personally am only keen on seasons 1-7. It started as a show about 4 nerds and ended as a show about 3 couples. The jokes became cliched and uninteresting. Sheldon's character while quirky and interesting at the start, became annoying and occasionally quite bitter and petty sometimes.

I do like this figure though, and is fun to interact with other Sci-fi / Fantasy characters in your collection. I hope they will release some of the other characters but it seems unlikely.

bbt10.jpg

Thanks for the pics! I was a huge fan of the show and might have liked a Sheldon figure, but unfortunately the sculpts just look too weird and cartoonish for my taste. The outfit looks really nice and accurate though.

Wow, that’s a horrible likeness. If I saw just the heads I’d have no idea who it’s supposed to be.

Outfits look good. Head sculpts, horrible. Someone sculpts a decent head and you have a winner.

i definitely see proper emotions, but the face itself is from another man. like they put Sheldon's face (skin and muscles) on a Cumberbatch skull.

Picked this up a little while ago. It doesn't seem to have been mentioned at all on the board, and hardly any vendors carry him in stock.

Gosh, I wonder why. I hope that was 100 pesos and not dollars. Those headsculpts look ridiculously funny, hopefully someone down the road will create a realistic Sheldon headsculpt then you will have a really nice figure but he needs the rest of his mates.

I like everything except the head sculpt, which looks nothing like him, and the body, particularly the exposed wrist joints.

It would have been cool to have the cast in 1/6th scale, in particular, the original four and Penny. (But with quality sculpts...)

Picked this up a little while ago. It doesn't seem to have been mentioned at all on the board, and hardly any vendors carry him in stock. A shame because i think it's a decent enough figure, especially for the price. I bought him off Ebay for just under ?100. It comes with 2 headsculpts, 2 outfits and some accessories. Just by adding a spare body and shoes, it's basically 2 figures for the price of one.

A look at the box, oddly, there is no indication of the extra red shirt and long sleeve shirt.

View attachment 477104

Green Lantern look consisting of jacket, Green T-shirt, brown pants and shoes.

View attachment 477105

View attachment 477106

View attachment 477107

The stock body is quite dark and does not match the skintone of the head or hands, so it made sense to cover it up as much as possible.

View attachment 477113

The accessories are really nice. The bag has 3 separate compartments, with proper functioning zippers.

View attachment 477110

The shoes are stitched with separate panels, laces and eyelets. Not the usual moulded plastic, which i was expecting.

View attachment 477111

I used a standard TT narrow shoulder body for the 2nd outfit, which works quite well. Just a little too broad shouldered for Sheldon, but looks ok. I borrowed the red trainers from the Six Million Dollar Man figure, as they went well with this look. The figure comes with a set of bendy hands, which i used for the Vulcan salute.

View attachment 477115

View attachment 477117

Overall, a decent figure and good value. Neither headsculpt is spot on, both looking very slightly caricature-ish, but i prefer the smiling sculpt, as it's more recognisably Jim Parsons. It's good that the 2 options are very different to one another. I would have liked a few more accessories, such as some textbooks or a laptop to put in his bag, but those can be sourced easily enough.

I do feel this release is a few years too late though. Popularity of the show peaked a few years back and most fans were not upset when it finally ended. I personally am only keen on seasons 1-7. It started as a show about 4 nerds and ended as a show about 3 couples. The jokes became cliched and uninteresting. Sheldon's character while quirky and interesting at the start, became annoying and occasionally quite bitter and petty sometimes.

I do like this figure though, and is fun to interact with other Sci-fi / Fantasy characters in your collection. I hope they will release some of the other characters but it seems unlikely.

View attachment 477121

"Neither headsculpt is spot on..." LOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Could actually be a good starter set for a Sheldon if a person wanted him. The sculpts are pretty awful, but the clothing and accessories are decent.

Seriously, I’m really surprised that with the popularity of this show, especially this character, that nobody had done a custom figure. I would be happy with these clothes and a descent sculpt.

This is so lame, so many iconic characters and they make this dweeb from a drab sitcom.....whats next friends?

I think there just aren’t a lot of sitcom type figures made really. Especially higher end ones. Not sure if I’d buy just Sheldon, plus for me the show got old by the end so not sure I’d even want figures.

Thanks for the pics! I was a huge fan of the show and might have liked a Sheldon figure, but unfortunately the sculpts just look too weird and cartoonish for my taste. The outfit looks really nice and accurate though.

The sculpt is horrible but the accessories and clothing look pretty good. If you could track down a custom sculpt it'd be a great base. I loved this show and still have it on for background noise when it's on in syndication. I would have easily bought all four main characters and Penny if they were offered somewhere with a better sculpt of course.

The sculpt is horrible but the accessories and clothing look pretty good. If you could track down a custom sculpt it'd be a great base. I loved this show and still have it on for background noise when it's on in syndication. I would have easily bought all four main characters and Penny if they were offered somewhere with a better sculpt of course.

That’s funny you should say that. We do the same thing, the show is always on in the background.

Back