Medi Dark Knight $66 at Hobby Link Japan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird. Yesterday when I pulled the trigger the status was low stock (yellow). Now it's in stock (green). Did they cancel some before they increase the price?

NO, basically they have a designated amount for the 70% sale and once those are depleted, they resume back to the previous sale or retail price. They do it once in a while and those 70% sale goes pretty fast.

Paul,

I live in Canada, so bear that in mind, but here's the rundown on my last order from HLJ:

The package was marked as "merchandise" with a value of 13,000 Yen. I paid $0 duty, $0 excise tax, $8 GST (Canada's national tax), $10 PST (provinicial tax), and an $8 "handling fee" from Canada Post. (This is on top of whatever I paid for shipping, I think it was about $30.)

The package (two 12" figures) arrived very quickly with nothing broken.

I'd rank HLJ about equally with BBTS in almost every category, except that BBTS has a more user-friendly website.

Hope that helps!

Cheers for the heads up Plutonic. Appreciated!

Price increase, but is still a great deal. Wish I didn't have to pay for car repairs. :(

It arrived today! Wow, that was fast - here are some pictures:

batmeda.jpg

batmedb.jpg

Impressions: For the price, this is a GREAT figure.
Pros: poseable cape, nice sculpt on costume, and good accessories (extra hands, Batarangs, Grapnel.)
Cons: limited poseability of figure, slightly small and worst of all- weak ankles (can barely stand unaided.)

Overall, I'm very happy - THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!

batmedf.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the feet are terrible. However... that figure will probably still be in good nick 3 - 5 years from now. Unlike the Hot Toys DX.

Unfortunately, that's probably true.

The Medi's got a pretty good likeness, but I don't think anyone has NAILED the Bale TDK cowl yet. That's one reason I never bought the DX, and now I'm really glad I didn't, what with the leaking and such.

batmeda.jpg

Link says it's $213 now. :sick

I totally would have bought it at $66... :(

Back