McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Series 3 is where the line really became what it is today. Merle and Michonne are still some of the best figures in the line. Series 4 and above and be found relatively easily so that's good for you at least. I'm just glad the tragedy of the first wave didn't kill this line. Had we gotten series 3 figures from the beginning, I think this line would actually be bigger than it currently is. As big of a Walking Dead fan as I am, I passed on the first wave initially - and I had a chance to purchase them early at NYCC. I was totally going to do it, but then I saw the final products in person and just couldn't do it :lol

Being the sad completest I am, I had to go back get them afterwards :banghead

I just hope someday we'll get a new Sherriff Rick with the current articulation. Probably the best chance would be an a deluxe pack (like Daryl's chopper) with the Atlanta Horse and gun bag. Bonus points if they made the horse have removable guts!

Exactly! There is a new Sheriff Rick that just came out. It's exclusive to Series 7 but I would love to see another with a pack like you mentioned with his horse. That would be an instant buy for me.

So I picked up Gareth and the Mud Walker, and my feelings on each are actually the opposite of what I thought they would be.
Gareth is a figure I thought I would really like, since I'm huge into the humans, but overall he's just kinda bland (almost disappointingly so). He's kinda growing on me, but still isn't that exciting.
629C14F8-2C9F-44CE-BE04-A7FDBF40FE41_zpsr8fwvmxq.jpg

The Mud Walker on the other hand, I thought would be disappointing. It's a really cool figure though, and may just be my favorite walker. I was able to get him standing without the base, and it's actually pretty stable. The articulation isn't too plentiful, but what is there is fairly useful. If this had articulation like the current humans, I definitely would have picked up a few, but as is I'm good with just one.
A4162DA8-2A29-4AF8-8876-B5280482A7FE_zpssozwh0ks.jpg

5D0050AF-5AC6-409D-85F6-6563AF3A4458_zpsixo7wfoy.jpg

If you want it standing without the base (and not have to remove the pegs), you can use the pegs kinda like heels.
19F6D1DA-496F-4A58-BA23-FB013F65B737_zpskvhh9eot.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the mud walker. It has a very Fulci-esq feel too it. I removed both pegs and flattened one foot by heating it up and pressing it down on a flat surface so he can balance better.

Would also like to know ^^

Pics and vid reviews showed those pegs looking so clean looking that I figured they could actually be separate pieces. If they're easily removable via hot water and pliers I'll prolly just sink them into the stand.

I tried to pull them out because they did look like they just pegged in but nope. When I tried to pull them out, they snapped. I ended up using an x-acto to shave the pegs down.

Today I found out that Mcfarlane toys lie, the "target exclusive" Hershel is not a target exclusive at all lol, I found it at my local comic shop

Could they have bought it directly from a Target store? If not, it might be a Target/LCS shared exclusive like the Series 6 Governor was with Walgreens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how they made carl a lot taller than the other one, and I swapped the Hershel heads because i thought bandana Hershel was stupid especially because he wore it for 2 seconduploadfromtaptalk1428581058064.JPG

Back