McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been very hard on McFarlane's Walking Dead series of action figures, and with good reason. But it looks like they've listened to the many fans and collectors who have voiced their displeasure, and with the release of series 3, made some real improvements. Check out my review tonight of the new Michonne and Merle figures at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

it is too bad they waited until now.......:mad: The main stars of the show still look like poo

Yeah but the color Ricks and Michonnes were single packed exclusives. Only the 2 pack was black and white. In fact Multipacks have ONLY come in Black and White so far, so that even further increases the likelihood of them being non-color versions.

I doubt we have to wait much longer for a Vest/Poncho Daryl anyway. He and Rick will get countless variants by the end of the line.

I'm hopeful for full colour as up untill Michone and her Pets all the black and white box sets have been zombies only.

There was the B&W TV Rick exclusive to TRU too.

McFarlane will be on Talking Dead on Sunday. Figure he'll either be plugging series 3 or maybe even revealing new figures/statue. Can't imagine they'd pass up that opportunity.

Mcfarlane Walking Dead series 3 is out in the UK i just had my stock in at the shop this morning.
20130313_094455_zps79ebd4fd.jpg

Out in Bristol uk as well. Picked up the full set from Global and grabbed an extra Merle just in case he goes the same way as his brother.

No new reveals from Todd, but they did show them scanning Merle. So that would explain the jump in likeness quality. They're using scanning and they did say they scanned Laurie for Andrea too. So series 4 ought to be just as good as series 3 :rock

The only figure I want is Merle. Toys R Us doesn't seem to carry them (wouldn't they be by the NECA and McFarlane Halo stuff?) and Gamestop doesn't have a space for them but did have a lone Walker Pet (#1) in a random spot by those stuffed DC character things.

TRU.com and gamestop.com don't seem to have any either.

So I dunno.

The only way we'd get a new Shane is if they did a zombie Shane. If they were smart, they'd include an alternate alive head with it though.

I'd prefer a Season 1 Shane that didn't have a shaved head, personally.

The only figure I want is Merle. Toys R Us doesn't seem to carry them (wouldn't they be by the NECA and McFarlane Halo stuff?) and Gamestop doesn't have a space for them but did have a lone Walker Pet (#1) in a random spot by those stuffed DC character things.

TRU.com and gamestop.com don't seem to have any either.

So I dunno.

I bought Michonne and her pets at Toys R Us on Monday. They are selling them.

I had not been collecting this line either, the first couple of waves were just so bad, but, after reading Michael's review of Michonne and Merle I thought I would try to hunt for wave 3. Didn't take long, found them all at my local Gamestop this morning, though I only picked up Michonne and her two pets. What a vast improvement over previous figures! Hopefully they will revisit Rick and Darryl (I'm sure they will).

So I got home today and immediately opened up Michonne and her pets. Man, these figures are great!

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

Back