McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motherf__rs......... I can't believe this.
:slap :monkey4:monkey4 I can't believe they actually passed on them... Not only Twilight and Hunger Games but how about NECA making django unchained, Rocky, Sin City?

I am not saying those are bad choices. Of course not! my point is, NECA said TWD might be too boring yet they make stuff like Rocky and Sin City figures which there is not that much to them, someone that is not a fan could call them "boring"....

I mean seriously even the Harry Potter could be called "boring figures" NECA even said yes to Jonah Hex for God's sake..
I seriously cannot believe they passed on it... :cuss

Just goes to show you how big of a sell out NECA really is at times. Dont get me wrong, Iv been collecting NECA since they first got into the 7" business, but their business tactics sucks a lot of the time. :slap

Just goes to show you how big of a sell out NECA really is at times. Dont get me wrong, Iv been collecting NECA since they first got into the 7" business, but their business tactics sucks a lot of the time. :slap

I like NECA figures a lot. I really wish they were doing Universal Monsters. But if they think Walking Dead figures are boring......:dunno.

Their headknockers ruled.

I like NECA figures a lot. I really wish they were doing Universal Monsters. But if they think Walking Dead figures are boring......:dunno.

Their headknockers ruled.

I would LOVE to see them do Universal Monsters. Have some great 7" figures to put with my Slashers.

Or even some great 1/4 scale UM figures by NECA.

I'm a big fan of the show so, I will pick them up even if they are not so good.

I felt that way to just could'nt do it, I had them in my hands at tru a few times but I knew they would just not work for me. There nice just not what I'm looking for.

Thats how I felt about series 1, but series 2 looked good enough to get and series 3 looks even better (granted they are prototypes).

I can only imagine how hard to find Michonne is going to be. I heard that mcfarlane are only producing Season 3 figures to order, so there will not be any extra stock left over. I would recommend getting a pre-order in on these.

A6319.jpg

the worst thing about this is the message it sends. On how either McFarlane did such a good job people are dying to have these figures or on how they made a good choice by going with McFarlane in the first place.
I hate that most of all. This things are horrible and badly done and if they all sell out it is going to look like he did such a good job...

The only good thing that can come from this is that another company could try to do a 1/6 scale of Walking Dead

Sad but I'm one of those people who bought them but note that they did not do a great job. I'd rather pay retail than crazy amount for a custom.

I have Rick both comic and tv Series 1. Will get Series 2 Rick.

Still hoping they eventually do prison Rick from the comic. Noticing a lot of folks requesting the licence be picked up by high end companies too. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Such a perfect license for Sideshow to get and do 12" 1/6 figures

And yet they haven't. They'll probably announce it when the show is in its final season, just make Rick and a zombie, then cancel the line.

I can only imagine how hard to find Michonne is going to be. I heard that mcfarlane are only producing Season 3 figures to order, so there will not be any extra stock left over. I would recommend getting a pre-order in on these.

A6319.jpg

All figures are made to order :lol

Companies don't send retailers stock they didn't order. Only difference is an online retailer may pre-sale out of their stock before it even arrives. Walmart and TRU will have plenty on hand when they get them in stock since they don't offer pre-orders.

With the way the demand has been growing though, I do expect they'll move fast as it looks like the best wave yet.

I'm guessing the next wave will be the Govenor and another Rick or Daryl variant with 3 more zombies. While I do like getting so many zombies, getting only 2 humans at a time (and one of them usually being Rick) is going to make it real hard to assemble the main cast before they get killed off :lol

the worst thing about this is the message it sends. On how either McFarlane did such a good job people are dying to have these figures or on how they made a good choice by going with McFarlane in the first place.
I hate that most of all. This things are horrible and badly done and if they all sell out it is going to look like he did such a good job...

The only good thing that can come from this is that another company could try to do a 1/6 scale of Walking Dead

:lecture I don't really care much about if mcfarlane does well off the line, if so good for them. However if a 1:6 line does come out of TWD I would totally jump all over it. Just don't seem to likely, the most likely to do it would be sideshow but with all they have going on in 1:6 with starwars and gijoe there not likely to do it:( At this point though I would be happy if neca made a small line of 12" action figure statues of the them.

I'm surprised someone like Art figures or that kind of bootleg brand hasn't made a Rick yet. Although with the show's rating going through the roof, it might not be much longer now.

Well, I finally broke down and opened up 4 of the 5 figures from series 2 (still not entirley sold on Shane's paint so I may check a different TRU tomorrow for him). I have to admit, I'm actually impressed with the figures. The first wave looked so much like crap, these are actually quite nice in compaired to them. Sure, they aren't as nice as McFarlane's glory days or even Neca now, but they are better than some other figures on the market today.

So far only one of the figures has a real action feature - Bicycle girl. And that just a button you push on the side of the base that pushes her up in a reaching attempt. Its not bad as far as action features go really , and its actually kind of nice that it results in her being attached to the base since she'd probably be all over the place if she was just lying on top of it. Holds her iconic pose just fine so thats all that matters.

The Well zombie of course pulls apart. I wouldn't really call it an action feature, but I guess it is. Its what I would have wanted him to do in a 1:6 line though so its totally welcome here. Only thing I don't like is that you have to remove his lower guts (packed seperate even) to be able to seal him up, which isn't all that easy. So he'll probably stay pulled apart.

The RV Zombie is probably my favorite zombie of the bunch. His neck has a hinge so you can have his head tilted back being ripped off, or in place normally. The screwdriver is removable too. Decent wrist hinge joints but not much else in terms of useful articulation.

Rick looks better than series 1 Rick, but I don't remember him wearing the t-shirt only with the hat very much. I think hatless would have been better (and hatted in the first wave). If a head swap is possible, I'm going to give it a try. The hands change similar to HT hands, though much smaller. Makes me worried that little pin will break, so I won't be switching them very often. The dog catcher pole and rifle are nice additions to the revolver. No real articulation below the waist besides ankles.

So far, I think McFarlane learned their lesson from series 1. Dropping action features and articulation for articulation sake. The first wave looked like they just chopped up a statue with articulation, even if it didn't really need it. These feel more like classic McFarlane figures with 1 pose in mind with some useful joints to tweak that a bit. And dropping most of the action features makes me think they've realized its mostly adults buying these and not kids :duh

Series 3 looks like a step further in the right direction. Less pre-posed figures and more useful articulation like a real action figure. And it seems the action features are totally gone there unless you count removable zombie limbs (which I'm a big fan of actually). So I'm hoping the hicups are behind us and that this will eventually be a great line of figures, since its looking like our only shot at decent figures. Curious to see how well the GG bust turn out though.

Thats a good point buttmunch, art figures or companys in the like could easily do a knockoff rick like the zombie killer there making now of that other movie looks good. I would be happy to see something like that available.

I mean I can see why Sideshow hasn't done it yet. Why pay to license zombies when they can continue to make zombies license-free with the Dead. But I think people actually want the humans more than the zombies really. The Dead is perfect for the zombies as there isn't really any truely iconic zombies from WD except maybe Bicycle Girl or maybe the Well Zombie now (season 3's armored zombies?). So if they only made 1-2 actual WD zombies with the human characters, that would be just fine by me.

Back