McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw series 2 at TRU today looking for NECA Jasons (still no luck) and I have to admit they look better than series 1 did. The Walkers look fine to me. Rick is better than season 1 Rick, but could still use some work. Ideally, I'd want to swap there heads so you'd have hatted deputy Rick and hatless t-shirt Rick. Shane isn't all that great though, but likely the only one they'll make of him.

If the quality keep improving, series 4 might almost look like an old McFarlane figure series.

Yeah I saw Daryl when it was released and it looked like crap. But even Rick TV white version is ending at $50, $80 and even $90 on eBay. I'm waiting to see how series 2 Rick comes out in person.

I found a TV version regular Rick for $24 shipped, that's the most I would spend since my local TRU were selling these for I thing $22.99 each. I know it's not the best but I love the show.

$80, $90 dollars? this cannot be happening. What the F___ is wrong with people... :medic seriously I can't believe that.

Saw series 2 at TRU today looking for NECA Jasons (still no luck) and I have to admit they look better than series 1 did. The Walkers look fine to me. Rick is better than season 1 Rick, but could still use some work. Ideally, I'd want to swap there heads so you'd have hatted deputy Rick and hatless t-shirt Rick. Shane isn't all that great though, but likely the only one they'll make of him.

If the quality keep improving, series 4 might almost look like an old McFarlane figure series.

Why can't they atleast make there figures like the Halo series? The head sculpts is even pretty good on them.

$80, $90 dollars? this cannot be happening. What the F___ is wrong with people... :medic seriously I can't believe that.

Yup, the latest black and white version just ended a few hours ago with 10 bids for $96 :cuckoo:

Well there are really hard core fans out there. Kinda made me wish I bought every single figure, I was thinking they would go on clearance even be found at Ross. I think I saw them there but not to sure.

Why can't they atleast make there figures like the Halo series? The head sculpts is even pretty good on them.

Yup, the latest black and white version just ended a few hours ago with 10 bids for $96 :cuckoo:

Well there are really hard core fans out there. Kinda made me wish I bought every single figure, I was thinking they would go on clearance even be found at Ross. I think I saw them there but not to sure.

I did see them on clearance... :slap
if those people are willing to spend that kind of cash on a 5 inch turd like that why not just either buy or make a custom figure...:thud:
Jesus Christ... :monkey1

I bought these for my sons when they were released. They never opened them. They just sold their 2 sets for $130.00 a set. Not bad considering I traded garbage shape silverage DC comics I bought at the Flea Market for them.

The figures are sub par---but when its all there is......:wink1:

If NECA did 7 inch figures, McFarlane's secondary market on these would die.:monkey3

:thud:

Dude, I passed on these when I saw them in hand at my comic book shop. I might have to pick up a few just to stash away for safe keeping. Thats nuts.

The general masses (ie not serious enuff of a collector) doesnt know about customs more than likely. Or they could be hard core anti anything unlicensed. There are some collectors like that. They ONLY buy licensed items.:cuckoo:. And let's not forget the kiddies. "Mommy I want those Walking Dead figures" Find a set thats not as much as a PS3 and I'll buy them. Bingo. Sale.

If NECA did 7 inch figures, McFarlane's secondary market on these would die.:monkey3

NECA actually passed on the license because they thought they'd make "boring" action figures. Yet they made Twilight and Hunger Games figures.

TWD would have made much better figures than those and likely sell better too. They could have more intricate paint jobs (bloody and grimy) and weapons and other accessories. Plus there are ZOMBIES.

NECA can be :slap

I guess they figured the tweens and twitards would have bought HG and Twlight crap :lol They did make a few busts from the show though. I guess they didn't do very well or else they might have seen how well the figures would have sold. Big mistake. Mcfarlane seemed like a good choice though regardless, but they just blew it :slap

I got series 2 cheaper than online at TRU with the 10/15/20% off coupon they emailed me on Thursday. Ended up around $13 something each. Figure if I don't even want them, a year from now they might be worth something like series 1 :lol

I guess they figured the tweens and twitards would have bought HG and Twlight crap :lol They did make a few busts from the show though. I guess they didn't do very well or else they might have seen how well the figures would have sold. Big mistake. Mcfarlane seemed like a good choice though regardless, but they just blew it :slap

I got series 2 cheaper than online at TRU with the 10/15/20% off coupon they emailed me on Thursday. Ended up around $13 something each. Figure if I don't even want them, a year from now they might be worth something like series 1 :lol

Can you post pictures? My TRU doesn't have series 2 yet so I just ordered online. Plus it's cheaper for me since they charged $22-$23 per figure here.

Ouch! They were $15.99 I think before the coupon. I saw the NECA Freddy's right next to them for $14.99 :slap Nothing hurts like seeing something like that :(

I'll try and get pics up later today, but the paint apps were all over the place. Since it was a fresh case, I got my pick of the litter. Ended up with good ones of everyone but Shane, but the Shane I got looked all nice and grimey instead of just sloppy beard stubble on his entire head like the others :lol So if you can buy then in store rather than online, that is one advantage.

Ouch! They were $15.99 I think before the coupon. I saw the NECA Freddy's right next to them for $14.99 :slap Nothing hurts like seeing something like that :(

I'll try and get pics up later today, but the paint apps were all over the place. Since it was a fresh case, I got my pick of the litter. Ended up with good ones of everyone but Shane, but the Shane I got looked all nice and grimey instead of just sloppy beard stubble on his entire head like the others :lol So if you can buy then in store rather than online, that is one advantage.

Cool thanks, if my figure has sloppy paint, I'll see if I can find a nice one and swap it out. Which figures out of the set is worth getting?

I remember picking out nice paint jobs on the earlier series and had it in my cart but put it back because of the price and the bad sculpt. It amazes me what people are paying for these on eBay.

NECA actually passed on the license because they thought they'd make "boring" action figures. Yet they made Twilight and Hunger Games figures.

TWD would have made much better figures than those and likely sell better too. They could have more intricate paint jobs (bloody and grimy) and weapons and other accessories. Plus there are ZOMBIES.

DEAR LORD. Talk about bad decision making. I know zombies move slowly,,,but even Rush Limbaugh says Greg Nicotero needs to get "every award imaginable" for his make up on the show....and he thinks the show is about vampires and (supposedly) doesnt even watch it.:wink1:

There are far too many memorable zombies for TWD toys to be "boring". I guess Hunger Games is the pinnacle of excitement.:lol

walkingdead1j.jpg

walkingdead2.jpg

walkingdead3.jpg

walkingdead4.jpg

walkingdead5.jpg

Thanks! I'm not gonna pass up on these for retail. Not the best, I know why these sell is because people like you and I :lol

Motherf__rs......... I can't believe this.
:slap :monkey4:monkey4 I can't believe they actually passed on them... Not only Twilight and Hunger Games but how about NECA making django unchained, Rocky, Sin City?

I am not saying those are bad choices. Of course not! my point is, NECA said TWD might be too boring yet they make stuff like Rocky and Sin City figures which there is not that much to them, someone that is not a fan could call them "boring"....

I mean seriously even the Harry Potter could be called "boring figures" NECA even said yes to Jonah Hex for God's sake..
I seriously cannot believe they passed on it... :cuss

Love the show, hate this scale and the figures are ok just not my cup of tea, really want 1:6 scale but don't want to pay a half a grand for a custom rick ether:gah: guess I'm SOL for the time being:(

Back