Max Payne 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, these CE video game statues always disappoint IMO. I'm guessing they just make too man of them or jus don't put much money into the manufacturing. Theyre always cheap, light, plastic things with weak paint apps. I have the Skyrim dragon thingy and it's weak sauce.

Hold up. The original Bioshock CE Big Daddy statue was awesome! And it was a real statue too; not some plastic POS. And only $10 more than the regular game!

Hold up. The original Bioshock CE Big Daddy statue was awesome! And it was a real statue too; not some plastic POS. And only $10 more than the regular game!

Never saw it but there are exceptions to every rule. You know that.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8kEsDCPmbA&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8kEsDCPmbA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

All the comments are raving over the reviewers voice more than the game :lol

(Anyone knoe the background song?)

I know what you mean. I'm not really stoked for this one myself, but I can't seem to resist Rockstar games. I also get a little giddy when I see the bullet holes in people's faces....as weird as that might sound. Not sure if that novelty will sustain me though.

Oh yeah, I will never bag on Rockstar. Anyone can make max payne stay cool its them; that said, the look and locations seems soo different for the character. Thank goodness its the same voice actor though. That guy rocks

Funny little 'side note' to Max Payne: there was a psudo sequel/conclusion Remedy style in Alan Wake involving character Max payne - just a voice over and never referred to by name, but it was the character nonetheless. Two lost pages in AW concluded the Payne storyline from game 2

Had a spinal injection yesterday and so I'm pretty much bed ridden for a day or two...perfect excuse to play this game all day! Love it so far...I was a big Max fan on PS2 and this does not disappoint! The physics are awesome and it feels very satisfying to shoot enemies, especially dodging and using bullet-time. Also, duel wielding is GREAT! I'm only on the second chapter so far, but it was awesome to be firing a revolver and uzi at the same time. Can't wait to duel wield 2 sawed off shotguns :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8kEsDCPmbA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

All the comments are raving over the reviewers voice more than the game :lol

(Anyone knoe the background song?)

Yea and thats ____ing retarded because its not a fitting voice to review this type of game IMO. XD

Damn western hipster new-age geek kids and their stupid facination for accents.

I will mention one dislike so far in this game though and thats when parts of the narrative are displayed on screen in bold white, too new-age.. not my thing at all.

Last edited:
I never thought there were types of voices to fit a type of game review :cuckoo:

English accents are stereotypically more suited for reviews of Soccer(football) games, RPG's etc. XD

Trust me though, you would never see a bunch of English commenting on how "in love" they are with a standard American/Canadian accent during a game review for a highly anticipated title. I think people over here overrate your accent(especially in the US), thats just my opinion.

Put a couple hours into the campaign. So far, it's only okay IMO. I'm trying to get into it, but it's pretty meh so far. I'll also try multi since that's been well received too. I'm not a big multi guy though.

Put a couple hours into the campaign. So far, it's only okay IMO. I'm trying to get into it, but it's pretty meh so far. I'll also try multi since that's been well received too. I'm not a big multi guy though.

You need good headphones or a decent surround sound system to truly get the most optimal experience from this game.

You need good headphones or a decent surround sound system to truly get the most optimal experience from this game.

I have decent headphones. That's not the problem. Five years ago, this would've been the coolest game ever to me, but now, not as much. Maybe I'm just not the shooting junkie I once was.

I have decent headphones. That's not the problem. Five years ago, this would've been the coolest game ever to me, but now, not as much. Maybe I'm just not the shooting junkie I once was.

I felt the same way at first as soon as he shaves his head tho it really took a turn and pulled me in

I got to play the first chapter at lunch time and I have to say I'm impressed so far. The animation, physics, feeling of momentum when diving etc and general production values are through the roof. Feels like Max Payne to me, even with the new setting. I am playing on normal with free aiming and it feels excellent.

Can't wait to rent this one. Had the chance to buy it tonight I'd rather rent it out and see whether I like it or not. The official launch trailer makes my decision very regrettable
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veFgqFj5IH0[/ame]
Fantastic score!

I wanted to love this one, but its not happening. Oh well. Maybe I'll break it out in the summer drought and try again. I do love the awesome final slow mo kill cam where you can slow it way down and keep shooting the guy. I've had some really good laughs from that. Especially if I'm shooting the guy in the face over and over LOL.

Back