Max Factory Figma Samus Aran

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
/shrug
Suit yourself. Believe me though, these things get retarded expensive.

Maybe from random US sellers online. Figma tend to get rereleased fairly often and on the Japanese aftermarket even the more expensive ones like the Code Geass ones can be obtained for less than eighty dollars. Samus is a bit unique because she had so much US appeal which is probably different from general Figma. She's also really appealing to the general video game fans. Samus in general seems to stand out from other Figma as far as sales go. I'm sure Max Factory is going to jump on rereleasing soon enough. I doubt their Link is going to sell out because of it. They know what to expect now.

she looks good man.

img6281h.jpg

img6273h.jpg

img6266c.jpg

Thanks for the heads up!

I really wanted to get my kid one of these for Christmas but wasn't paying $100 or more for it and taking a chance on it being a fake anyway. As much as I spend on HTs this is nothing. He'll absolutely LOVE it and I'm sure it will look great on his shelf. Yes, even at 4 we understand some toys are not meant to play with. Start 'em young right? :panic:

:lecture:lecture:lecture absolutely :lol

Maybe from random US sellers online. Figma tend to get rereleased fairly often and on the Japanese aftermarket even the more expensive ones like the Code Geass ones can be obtained for less than eighty dollars. Samus is a bit unique because she had so much US appeal which is probably different from general Figma. She's also really appealing to the general video game fans. Samus in general seems to stand out from other Figma as far as sales go. I'm sure Max Factory is going to jump on rereleasing soon enough. I doubt their Link is going to sell out because of it. They know what to expect now.

I hadn't considered that. she is a licensed figure, however. and nintendo can be wonky about licenses. while i wouldn't expect a re-release, a varia suit wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah Nintendo is wonky about licenses, but I'm sure rereleases are totally cool with them. I think they will probably have a good long relationship with Max Factory. I would expect them to release a figure for every major Nintendo game from here on out.

Something about the Kid Icarus/Pit redesign doesn't do much for me. He doesn't seem to feel like the same character from the old NES game somehow. Maybe how his proportions are a bit more realistic now (despite still being very stylized). And that hairdo makes him look like that guy from Final Fantasy 7. No sir, I don't like it.

Just got an email from BBTS
Hi - We've securred a domestic source for this item and the price on your preorrderr has dropped from $64.99 to $49.99. Thanks for buying from BBTS!

Thanks p!tu! :D

You prompted me to check BBTS, and the preorder was available again so I snagged one, and finally blew out my two year old $50 credit with them.

Not a bad price, but still kinda high.

Still better than 70.

It's less than you would have paid at Amiami without their discount and after shipping though so I guess it somewhat works out. Too bad BBTS charges what about eight dollars shipping? Samus for sixty doesn't really sound too appealing.

Bad news from BBTS...

Hi - Diamond Comics Distribution has just informed us that they have failed to secure the licensing needed to bring the Max Factory Samus Figma into North America. Diamond has completely cancelled all orders for the Samus Figma for all retailers and distributors in North America, including a huge order placed by BBTS. We are extremely upset with them because they are forcing us to disappoint you and so many other people on this item. Diamond officially solicited this item to us back in September and our orders have been in place with them for months, this news was shocking and extremely disappointing to us. Diamond apparently did not have the licensing deal fully worked out at the time of solicitation and in the past few months some sort of problem arose and the deal with Nintendo could not be worked out. We wanted to let you know about this as quickly as possible so you can try to secure an order with international/other vendors.

We have quickly checked with several distributors in Japan, and all of them are completely sold out, as is Max Factory. We are going to explore more options on possible supplies around the world, but at this point it honestly does not look good. We will leave all preorders open in the meantime in case we can find some sort of solution.

We again are extremely sorry about this, we did not expect Diamond to fail us on this item.

Sincerely,
Joel Boblit
President
www.bigbadtoystore.com

Back