Mattel to produce Back to the Future figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see 6" and 12" figures, maybe also some prop replicas eventually like they are doing with Ghostbusters.

DST didn't even take the trouble to get the DMC logo on their DeLorean models due to additional licensing fees. And let's not forget the Back to the Future Part II title on all DeLorean models packaging, because they would end up paying more for the title Back to the Future.

So I am really hoping Mattel get all the licensing issues resolved, especially for the likeness of MJF.

I doubt they would move forward without the likeness rights. They didn't announce GBs until they had a deal in the works with Murray.

I doubt they would move forward without the likeness rights. They didn't announce GBs until they had a deal in the works with Murray.
You're right, I think it's safe to say that I can start day dreaming of all the various BTTF action figure possibilities and there is high chance that most of them will come true :).

I'm just hoping for a decent 12" version of his denim jacket from this. My bashes are satisfactory now, but with that and Trevor Grove's eventual sculpts they'll be set!

You're right, I think it's safe to say that I can start day dreaming of all the various BTTF action figure possibilities and there is high chance that most of them will come true :).

It's a great line for MattyCollector if you think about it. Multiple versions of the 2 characters everyone loves plus supporting characters, a few repeating background characters (yes, I will buy Mayor and diner-sweeping Goldie Wilson), a lot of cool accessories for repacks (scateboard, wooden scooter, hoverboard), and one awesome car that they will probably not make but will eternally tease us with. :lol

Oh, and Clock Tower playset, of course! With running electricity. :emperor

It makes sense that MJF has started releaseing the use of his likeness... Considering his illness and the charity... a lot of good will come out of collectible money! I can wait to see the delorean!

Meh. I want quality BTTF 1/6 figures. These will not be those. BUT Trevor is thinking about doing BTTF figures similar to his Firefly sculpts and these will at least provide some decent kitbash material. As for the 6" figures, depending on if they are given the proper TLC like the DCUC or the MOTUC (I'm not that fond of GB) I'll be passing on those too.

Hmmm, not sure what to make of this. While it's cool that Mattel is following the Ghostbusters figures in their Movie line, and BTTF is one of my most wanted franchises, I agree that the quality won't be there. Not in the sculpts, or the clothing.

With GB, it was passable because with some modifications to the 'easier' parts (belts, boots + bodies and headsculpts, plus for some, the flightsuits), not to mention that the packs and traps were really well done.

I just don't think BTTF will be nearly as passable, since it's really about the sculpts and clothes.

Maybe the 6" will be kinda cool, but the 12" might be laughable. Man, why couldn't HT do these? Guess I'll have to stick to my custom bashes in progress...or hope that Mattel will really WOW us. :lol

Without a 1/6 scale DeLorean(in all 4 versions), why bother??

Hmmm, not sure what to make of this. While it's cool that Mattel is following the Ghostbusters figures in their Movie line, and BTTF is one of my most wanted franchises, I agree that the quality won't be there. Not in the sculpts, or the clothing.

With GB, it was passable because with some modifications to the 'easier' parts (belts, boots + bodies and headsculpts, plus for some, the flightsuits), not to mention that the packs and traps were really well done.

I just don't think BTTF will be nearly as passable, since it's really about the sculpts and clothes.

Maybe the 6" will be kinda cool, but the 12" might be laughable. Man, why couldn't HT do these? Guess I'll have to stick to my custom bashes in progress...or hope that Mattel will really WOW us. :lol
Ugh, yep. "Ghostbusters" and "Back to the Future" have really been my most anticipated toys for as long as I've been a collector. I'm thrilled to finally have them, of course, I can't help but be excited by any product...but it sucks to have to get them from such a lackluster company as Mattel and be forced to pay $20 per figure.

Ugh, yep. "Ghostbusters" and "Back to the Future" have really been my most anticipated toys for as long as I've been a collector. I'm thrilled to finally have them, of course, I can't help but be excited by any product...but it sucks to have to get them from such a lackluster company as Mattel and be forced to pay $20 per figure.

Not to mention getting screwed over by Digital River. Matty sucks.

I just finsihed all 4 of the 6" Ghostbusters and have zero complaints. They aren't exactly Marvel Legends quality but theyre better then anything DC Direct has ever made.

The 12" stuff could definately be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back