Mattel to produce Back to the Future figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I love my GBs. They're action figures...I'm not looking for Hot Toys headsculpts. I can clearly tell who they are and the accessories and details are excellent.

____ all of it. Mattel has five years to make with my Hoverboard. 'Nuff said.

I will only be interested in a 1:6th scale DeLorean. Actually, two: a BTTF1 ver and a BTTF2 ver.

The Time Train would be nice, but on a 1:6th scale, that won't be feasible.

Well you have nothing to worry about because theres zero chance they'll make a 1/6 Delorean.

They haven't even made an Ecto-1 for the 6" Ghostbusters, the 12" stuff sells no where near well enough to warrant a vehicle that large or complex.

Well you have nothing to worry about because theres zero chance they'll make a 1/6 Delorean.

They haven't even made an Ecto-1 for the 6" Ghostbusters, the 12" stuff sells no where near well enough to warrant a vehicle that large or complex.

Yeah, I guessed as much. Our only chance then is if HT picks up the license.

https://popculturenetwork.com/article.php?story=2010113022275779
4) Recently it was stated that if Castle Grayskull were to be produced, it would be quite expensive. However, what about other iconic, large scale pieces for other lines? Specifically, what would the cost be on an Ecto-1 for the GB line or a Delorean for the upcoming BttF line? Are these possible?

Also very unlikely due to the high tooling costs. While there is a very vocal group of fans asking for these executions, the cost and logistics involved do not always justify the limited sales we would make. While all are cool ideas and things we would “love” to do, there is just not a large enough customer base yet for larger playsets or vehicles in 6-inch scale. Maybe one day. (This doesn’t just apply to collector lines either, you will notice very few larger 6-inch scale vehicles or playsets out for mass market lines too. These items are just too expensive to make and they don’t sell well enough to justify the tooling and logistics involved).

I feel there is going to be a compromise either ways. If they go with 6" scale figures, we will have good likeness sculpts, but can't really expect them to mass manufacture playsets and vehicles in 1:6 scale. (Though I would surely buy them in any scale).

If they go with a smaller scale like 3.75" similar to the vintage design of action figures which are still popular, we could very well have vehicles, playsets, dioramas etc. But those small figures can't really do full justice to the likeness on such a small scale face. They might be great for playing and various display options due to their articulation, but I would prefer a larger recognizable face sculpt for display purpose with at least some articulation.

https://www.kittyspryde.com/?p=4852

3) Have Michael J Fox & Christopher Lloyd agreed to the use of their likenesses for the “Back to the Future” line?
Yes. But currently they are the only talent we have rights to use.

Damn straight. I'm really looking forward to this line. Gotta get Biff, George, Lorraine...

Not that it will matter to most, I guarantee you that Thomas Wilson and Crispin Glover will be pains in the ass for this line. Marty and Doc is all that most will want and need but for those of us who'd want Biff or Griff or even Mad Dog its huge.

This is my favourite Trilogy and I'd be happy with a 3.45" line with the time machine... All I know is... if there is no Delorean to buy, there is no figures either! It (the toyline) like the movies is a set of 3!! Doc, Marty & The Delorean! At bare minimum!

Mattel Hoverboard can be a reality now :).

Wow. This hasn't even dawned on me before. You're exactly right.

I for one am just happy they'll FINALLY make realistic Back to the Future figures, vehicles and even playsets.

Hopefully Blade Runner will receive a similar treatment someday. 12" by Hot Toys of course.

Somebody tell Mattel to pass their license to Hot Toys.

goodpost1.gif

This and Ghostbusters, please.

Not that it will matter to most, I guarantee you that Thomas Wilson and Crispin Glover will be pains in the ass for this line. Marty and Doc is all that most will want and need but for those of us who'd want Biff or Griff or even Mad Dog its huge.

It matters a lot to me because all i basically want is a Crispin figure, why will they be pains in the ass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back