Mattel to produce Back to the Future figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm highly unlikely to buy a $180 Marty McFly.

Hot Toys doesn't need to do EVERYTHING.
What you say is true. . .but they should do BTTF IMO. Even if you wouldn't pay that for a Marty, I surely would, as would many, many others. This film has a cult following like few others from that period of time, and there is a market for this stuff. Marty and Doc are both interesting looking characters, and are iconic looks, which fits into what HT does.

A crappy 1/6th scale Matty version I can do without, though I was looking forward to 6" versions. Bummer it apparently won't be happening. Another Delorean car. . .whoopdie-____in'-doo.

I'm highly unlikely to buy a $180 Marty McFly.

Hot Toys doesn't need to do EVERYTHING.

You're the minority here I think. And BTTF isn't just ANYTHING...for the love of god :slap You'd prefer they do another Bruce Lee?

just imagine all the accessories a 1/6 hot toys marty could come with.

hoverboard
skateboard
bttf 2 jacket and hat
nike sneakers (bttf 1 & 2)
sports almanac
yellow guitar
video camera

i'm sure there are more i'm missing.

Well,
what a bummer...
Mattel really needs to be in touch with the collectors... seriously...
they've managed the GB line pretty poorly IMO, and the 12" figures they produce besides the outfits are a joke... good price, but still...
I was really excited about this line, but if they won't produce figures, then what's the point?
There's more than plenty DeLoreans out already... seriously... WTF Mattel? :dunno

This is bull_____. They won't do Marty and Doc action figures becuase each individual ones would need re-tooling? How much re-tooling is involved in doing action figures of only two characters?
Ive been wanting figures from this line since I was 7, and now it gets taken away once it seems like it will finally happen.

since mattel has now produced 2 props for ghostbusters, i'm really hoping they'll make a truly authentic hoverboard replica with accurate dimensions, color etc. there's no way it wouldn't sell out.
you can find a few different ones on ebay, but they can be pretty expensive depending on quality. i'd gladly pay $200-300 for a screen accurate one.

since mattel has now produced 2 props for ghostbusters, i'm really hoping they'll make a truly authentic hoverboard replica with accurate dimensions, color etc. there's no way it wouldn't sell out.
you can find a few different ones on ebay, but they can be pretty expensive depending on quality. i'd gladly pay $200-300 for a screen accurate one.

Same here!

Been very close to ordering a custom made replica from eBay but never bit. I would be all over an official one.

I still hope we'll eventually see some product sketches or prototypes of what Mattel had planned for the Trilogy. Surely they developed something before the line was cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back