Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hahaha! Nope! I don't. I don't see the wave 5 figures in your collection. Did you purchase the baf separately?

No, I hunted them down myself. Riddler is there in the bottom Batman shelf, Atom is hiding between Metamorpho and Grodd, Amazo is in my trade box, and sold Black Lightning. I traded off Eradicator (only got him for the C&C piece) for then then hard to find KB unmaksed Batman Beyond :banghead

But yeah, Metallo is going for a crazy amount now. If I didn't have to use ebay to sell him for that price I would. I just prefer to avoid ebay as a seller with all the fees, lack of protection, and everything else that screws sellers nowadays. And that $160 price I saw was for an unfinished Metallo! He was missing his right arm!

https://cgi.ebay.com/METALLO-Build-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a57fd2cde

I still need grundy. I'm kinda on hiatus from this line until more bat rogues show up. It's the honest truth...I've always been pretty much just a Batman fan. Although I have to say, if I had the money...A few of these characters are hard to pass up even without being, necessarily, a fan of theirs.

the clayface batman two pack just showed up around my house. It still feels too much to spend 15 on that batman I'm going to use for custom scrap. clayface is definitely worth 15, however. and I still need a catwoman and riddler too. oyvey

collecting is hard sometimes.

Just brought a Joker! I'm in... I'm late but I'm in! Need Lex Luthor now!

But I do think this line needs to revisit Bizarro! Not a fan of the current one... His face looks like a bad 90's Toybiz Hulk offering!

Just got my wave 12 and had a little time to fiddle around and get Darkseid together (no bum torso piece! Huzzah!). More thoughts later when I have time...

EDIT: Dr. Mid-Nite is my favorite, even with a warped right knee and his owl that won't clip firmly to his arm.

Iron is amazing, but doesn't do much for me character-wise. Maybe once we get a couple more Metal Men he'll grow on me.

Copperhead's execution is great! His crazed expression really sells the figure along with the textures and gloss. And his neck has full motion! The hips on mine are loose, but doesn't stop him from standing, thankfully.

Eclipso is a great addition to the villains' shelf, and his gem came off looking a lot better than I thought it would.

The Spectre is another bland figure, but he's faithful to his Golden Age roots to a fault. Still, another figure to round out the GA JSA/All-Star Squadron.

Desaad oozes with backstabbing lackey goodness. I wish he had something other than the chest-mounted hairdryer, though.

Mary is... well... Mary. Many other opinions have been popped up about her, so I'll just say she's the weakest figure of the wave and possibly the worst female they've produced thus far. But! We have half of the Super Buddies complete. We just need Ralph, Fire, Ice, and with Guy on the way I hope they're not too far behind.

Darkseid looms over most of the other villains, and rightly so. I don't care that they embiggened him. He's amazing and the mother box, swappable hands and Kirby tech details on his feet just make me want to have him destroy my whole DCUC shelf and enslave those left alive with the Anti-Life Equation!

I'm a happy dork and had a great experience with CSC.

Cheers and Happy Hunting.

Last edited:
Wave 14 looks good... especially this Alan Scott GL!
Green_Lantern.jpg

Found the DCUC/MOTUC two-packs at my TRU today. I was tempted to get Lex/Skeletor, but Skel had an ugly yellow sword and no staff! Guess I'll keep waiting for my Lex/Kara two-pack from BBTS.

Just found a glow Spectre at my local WalMart. Now if Mattel would do Swamp Thing I'd be really happy. This whole "Swampy belongs to Vertigo" nonsense is wearing thin.

Dr. Mid-Nite is my favorite, even with a warped right knee and his owl that won't clip firmly to his arm.

Yours too, huh? I still have mine in the box because I am considering returning him. Great figure but, I don't know, not as impressed but it anymore.

I was looking forward to Alan Scott but the mouth expression is not working for me. I can appreciate trying to do something different, but not so much this.

Yours too, huh? I still have mine in the box because I am considering returning him. Great figure but, I don't know, not as impressed but it anymore.

I was looking forward to Alan Scott but the mouth expression is not working for me. I can appreciate trying to do something different, but not so much this.

I think either the expression won't look as bad in person or they'll tweak it a bit. As for Mid-Nite, I've since found that the right hip is stuck, but I wasn't planning on posing him dynamically. A bit of a bummer, but I did find the sweet spot for Hooty, it's further back on his forearm where the glove begins to flare. Again, even with these problems he's my fave from the wave. If you can get over the problems (or be motivated, unlike me, and heat up the warped leg and fix it) then he's definitely worth it.

I think either the expression won't look as bad in person or they'll tweak it a bit. As for Mid-Nite, I've since found that the right hip is stuck, but I wasn't planning on posing him dynamically. A bit of a bummer, but I did find the sweet spot for Hooty, it's further back on his forearm where the glove begins to flare. Again, even with these problems he's my fave from the wave. If you can get over the problems (or be motivated, unlike me, and heat up the warped leg and fix it) then he's definitely worth it.

I've got a heat gun at work so I could try that...if he doesn't go back then I'll just give him to my son who knows Dr M from the Brave and the Bold cartoon. The real reason I haven't returned it is because the owl looks so good, which is sad really.

Unless you can find an in-scale bottle of beer to put into his hand for drinking poses I don't see how the Alan Scott head passes muster...or maybe you could have him staring at Power Girl's cleavage; other than that it's "off" somehow. :confused:

I am having a horrible time finding Desaad, Mary Marvel and Copperhead to finish off my Darkseid! Man, I am so tired of the daily hunt for these figs!!

I have my Dc direct line and Mattel line. If I want better sculpts, I go to dc direct, if I want better articulation I go with Mattel. When I buy Mattel, I'm not looking for game specific or artist specific designs. I don't think I'll ever get rid of these because of some really great sculpts but I've pretty much stopped buying Dc direct except for some blackest night figures..
Here's my dc collection.

Picture058.jpg

My Mattel collection needs to be transferred to better shelving since they are just overrunning it and soon their numbers will be enough to have a Earth-DC Vs Earth-Mattel take down. Bwa-ha-ha-ha
Picture059.jpg

I know, I need to get out more often. :(

Very nice collection but I'm a bit depressed to realize that even one of the bigger DC collector doesn't have any toy from New Gods toy line.
For exemple Darkseid has much more style and class in the New Gods line that in DCUC line.
Does anybody collect this line here ?

I do have the New gods from DCUC. It's one of my favorites, too. But it was hard to see in that clutter. I actually pu tup new shelves for my DCUC and wouldn't you know it I am ALREADY out of room. I put up one last shelf and can fit in two more waves but Yeeash! Here's a new pic of my setup. I was able give each figure some room to breathe. At least until I run out of space again.
Picture072.jpg

Also, I am doing a custom of Parallax by using parts out of an extra parallax I had with Dr. Impossible.
Here's a quick head swap.
Picture073.jpg

And here he is currently with more paint to go on with my cluttered work table.
Picture074.jpg

I'm aching for Solomon Grundy. I really dropped the ball not collecting all those pieces when I had a chance. I wonder if they'll ever re-release BAF's or the waves they came in.

I'm aching for Solomon Grundy. I really dropped the ball not collecting all those pieces when I had a chance. I wonder if they'll ever re-release BAF's or the waves they came in.

Doubt that they'll re-release the BAF, since that would probably piss off most other collectors. I have a couple Grundy pieces though, if your looking for him.

Hi guys :cool:
I originally plan to collect this whole line when it came out in 2008. From wave one I bought Batman and Etrigan and planned on getting the other three. After wave one, I didn't see anymore waves and pretty much gave up on collecting this line since I couldn't find anything from wave 2-6 (or so) at retail when I would go out of town to hunt.

My little old Wal Mart finally starting carrying DCUC for the first time with the Darkseid wave and after seeing them again at retail, I was hooked once again :lol Just this week I finished up completing Darkseid and he's so amazing!!!!

100_2004.jpg

100_1997.jpg

And here's a group shot of wave 12. I still need to get Desaad and the Super Powers stand for Darkseid.
100_1999.jpg

Back