Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all good S.G! What's life without a little banter amongst friends?

They should have released the info while at the same time extending the sign up period another week. That would solve the problem of releasing this info ONE day before the window to buy closed...and give the info enough time to disseminate.

But that response from SN is a typical Mattel response and that's why most of the fans don't trust them today. :huh

Well guys, welcome to Matthell!!

Just ask us MOTU collectors, the line sells like pancakes, yet Mattel forces the subs on people... I for one don't mind, as I am somewhat of a hardcore MOTU fan, and I rather have the figure delivered to my doorstep than chasing them all over town and spending money on gas... which is about the same paying shipping though :lol...

The reality is that Mattel found a MO that works for them, and it's obvious why they are doing it... they don't want peg-warmers... that costs them money and business...

In the end, vote with your wallet... just buy the sub if you want to see the line move forward... but if you don't think it's worth it, then definitely pass...
honestly I think some of the guys @ Mattel want to get the product out there, but being such a corporation, they have all this ridiculous procedures and guidelines that don't give freedom to manage collector's line better...

I hope plenty of people sign up so the line can keep growing, specially if they focus on obscure characters... good luck guys! :wave

Seriously? If they haven't gotten the quota numbers they need by now, what are the chances they'll get to where they need to be in another week? And as for Toyguru's response - that guy seriously needs a PR person. If he's not talking down to their customer base, then he's talking out of his ass.

I just think its funny that they backed into this whole 'subscription' thing due to the initial poor handling of MOTUC, and now all of a sudden they 'need subscriptions to turn the machines on....'

How anyone can blame the fans is beyond me. Its one thing to need a subscription quota for a line that has been an online exclusive since day 1, and another to need it for a line that has had 20+ waves, plus sub-lines, 2-packs, etc. at retail for the past 3 years.

Kuzeh - is right about Mattel. They have their subscribers over a barrel because they don't have a choice. Mattel is the only source of MOTU figures.

SN mentions that MOTU is the perfect example of how the subscription lineup is based on fan demands: Still no Ram-Man. How long has Mattel been talking about the Sorceress?

SN says that MOTU started off as one figure a week and now it's more. Is it really? I thought it was still 1 figure a month with a re-release of a previous character. Are MOTU subscribers getting more than 1 new figure a month now?

Kuzeh says vote with your wallet. He's right. As I said before, it will all end up as an individual choice of whether people think this is worth it.

Are 6 inch DCUC figures worth 25.00? However rare or good looking the 6 inch figure is; i am not paying 25.00 for it.

Yeah, Mattel has a ton of ____ to answer for...too too many mistakes along the "20 wave" road.

I agree with you AJ, what we now know as DCUCs is certainly not worth $25 bucks. I personally look at shipping as a necessary evil...god knows 1/6th figs have their share of shipping cost, but I can totally understand why a collector would chose to opt out due to that expense. Mattel should have rectified the shipping issue long ago. Either brokering a deal with UPS, Fed Ex or even USPS for cheaper rates...maybe even implementing some type of "Pile of Loot" type shipping system.

But that would require Digital River to lay off the chimps working in their warehouses and hire some competent human beings.

But that would require Digital River to lay off the chimps working in their warehouses and hire some competent human beings.

LOL! Sure would!
Unfortunately, Mattel has not fostered a trust with the fan base to garner such a radical shift in delivering this line. As my man a few post above said, why such a need for a sub with a line that is doing well? Why not make it a shred exclusive with the folks that have been keeping this thing alive since the beginning, the online guys like BBTS, CSC, EE, etc? Those guys bought this product from Matthell (love it!), when the big boys wouldn't touch their lead laced figures! If they take what they have in subs now and solicit the rest needed to "turn the machines on" (boy I hate that phrase. All those big brained Matthell folks and their limited vocabulary! "Logistical logistics make it logistically imposible to turn the machines on no matter the logistics...." Sickening! ) the online guys have international customers who probably haven't even had their say, plus the online stores are really the only folks who really know this product as they sell the most frequently. What better way to award them than to let them exclusively share rights to the distribution of the DCUC Classics. Give the sub a fighting chance and go to the online guys and give them first refusal and solicit some orders from them. They have the customers, the loyalty, the respect of their customers that a retailer needs to survive, and they have the space to house the product! Everyone wins then, the cherry pickers, the completest, Matthell, and the online retailers. Plus Matthell can stop pretending to be a retailer.
As for SN comment, he's going to have to learn not to be so passive agressive with the fans. It's not professional at all.

Last edited:
Somebody on FB said pretty much the same thing, and Neitlich responded "Would you rather we didn't do it at all?" Like that's a good way to talk to customers and to sell your product. Jesus, this has been handled ____ing poorly.

& with that quote Griffin you just gave the Benidiction to Mattel's DCUC line. Mattel is SOOOOOOOOO EFFING FULL of them self!!! GOD it makes me wanna vomit down TG's effing throat. I'm so happy Mattel got b**ch slapped with a 308 MILLION DOLLAR fine for stealing the Bratz line. Mattel's roosters are starting to come home to roost.

When my wife saw the guy wearing the Matty head sitting behind the desk/podium/whatever it was at Mattel's Comic Con area, she said, "Somebody's going to punch him."

The walmart exclusive Crime syndicate has been spotted in the California area. Going through the rounds a final time. although the 75.00 price tag is tough, i want to finish my collection complete.

I've seen it at a few Wallys here in UT. No way is that thing worth $80. Heck, I'm not sure I'd drop $40 on it. Owlman is the only winner in that set anyway.

Its a wonder the line is dying - $80 for a mass retail 5-pack. Who do they think is going to pay for that? The Gotham 5-pack had Superman, Batman, and 3 of their most well known villains for $50, and that thing clogged shelves forever.

What's the story with all the figures from China and Singapore on ebay? How's the distribution work over there? And the loose figures listed from over there never have their accessories. Anybody else notice this?

BB

Back