Mattel DC Comics 6'' inch Multiverse Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the armored Bats recently. Excellent looking figure, but mine suffers from loose legs after only being out of the box for a day or so. :/

Anyone try adding ankle pivot to these yet? That is my only complaint with these figures.

I gave Batman a black wash and the Mech Suit a black wash and Gun Metal wash, WHAT A DIFFERENCE! These figures are great for $20 but the ankle issue is really annoying.

I was in T.R.U. last week , I walked around the store with both Batman versions. At first I liked them , but after a few minutes I put them down & walked away. For $20. each I didn't like the quality. I more than likely will get the DC statues ($120 each). And very likely get the Hot Toys Maybe all 3. They just didn't rock my world- maybe if they were less $$$.

RogueRunner what kind of custom work did you do on that because its fantastic

RogueRunner what kind of custom work did you do on that because its fantastic

Thanks!

On the "Knightmare" outfit Batman towards the top of the page: I used the basic 6" BvS Batman as the base figure. Used the coat from a Marvel Legends Punisher. Base coated the body in flat black, then dry brushed the legs in a khaki green, torso in gray, and the arms to match the brown I painted the trench coat. Added some odds and ends pieces like the leg straps and pouches (glued them on the right thigh). The goggles were cut from a previous custom -- which was from the Marvel Legends movie Winter Solider figure. The wraps on the gauntlets were cut from a black cloth fabric I got from Wal-Mart. The scarf is a wide piece of black shoelace.

The 6" Multiverse Batman from my last pictured post: Base coated entire gray suit in flat black. I then dry-brushed gray acrylic (mixed from black and white acrylics) to brings out the detail in the sculpted suit. Added some dry-brushing to his utility belt using a metallic copper enamel by Testors. This repaint was very simple and made a huge difference bringing out the sculpt work!

Just got this today. Thanks for the tips Rogue and nice job.

I liked this figure as it came, but doing a simple paint job to make the grey darker makes the purchase worth it. Still working on it so I will post more when im finished.

IMG_6241.jpg

Sadly Mattel is insistent on using outdated articulation.

There WWE Elite line is good with articulation.

As far as these go... I finally saw these in stores. I take back everything I said about it rivaling Hot Toys with some work. I was wrong. From online pictures to actually looking at it in hand there is a huge difference. My store had a few Armored Batman and they did not look really good. I had $20 coupon to and never even got it. The 12" version looked worse. What people managed to do to it in this thread makes the figure look nice, but what I had potentially planned wouldn't work and elevate it to the status I thought it could be.

These are not meant to be high end collectibles. That's why I have no problem with painting them as others have done.

Animal mother I did not darken superman. I actually think he is the best done figure likeness wise.

Ah, I liked the way he looked in your pic with that lighting..I think the blue is too bright on the figure in person, and the mos version has the more accurate paint.

Ok so I think im finished with my Batman project. Im kind of new to customizing so it might be a bit rough but im happy with it. Darkened the grey and added some bronzing to the gauntlets. Also tried to add to the 5 o clock shadow.

IMG_6276.jpg
IMG_6275.jpg
IMG_6273.jpg

Thanks a lot man, and not gold really. The way they are being described is that they are bronze, along with the knuckles and steel toed part of the boots. The figure already comes with the part on the boots painted just not the gauntlets. Wasn't really sure why they wouldn't include that as well.

Back