Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the extra accessory on this one?

Credit (where it's due) to He-man.org member KingRandorFacepalm for the reference:

798cdf9cb3f737a67f64d2943e35b900.jpg

What do you mean Eamon?
I find it like the Perfect Blend of Classics and Cartoon!

The Alcalá Sword that Skeletor uses before the sword of power is the extra accessory

These are meant to be Filmation and they are just not as screen accurate as I would like. Skeletor's face has a specific shape from the front and side which I am just not seeing here. I had the same Problem with Trap Jaw in they it's just not 100% accurate on the Jaw shape. They are good and I like them a but they are still not as good as they should be in my opinion. Beast Man and Evil Lyn seem to be more screen accurate so I am hoping the final figure will hold.

At least the extra accessory on Skeletor makes sense.

I just got Darius this morning. Quite a nice figure but that face sculpt leaves a lit to be desired. I am just not a fan of that style of sculpting.

Mhmmm...
I think it's one of those cases of how you translate 2D into 3D... I'd rather have them be proportionate and a bit off, than looking all weird and disproportionate. That's what happened with PCS Trap Jaw and She-Ra, though they are more "accurate" they look really weird to the eye because they are trying to replicate the unrealistic proportions of a Cartoon...

Mhmmm...
I think it's one of those cases of how you translate 2D into 3D... I'd rather have them be proportionate and a bit off, than looking all weird and disproportionate. That's what happened with PCS Trap Jaw and She-Ra, though they are more "accurate" they look really weird to the eye because they are trying to replicate the unrealistic proportions of a Cartoon...

It's just how the sculptor reads the Filmation Model sheets and this is the same reason She-Ra looks 'weird', that I know for certain. Some artist are just better at 'seeing' things than others is all.
I think PCS Trap Jaw was pretty on the money myself.

I totally missed on the Filmation Skeletor if any of you guys have an extra one and is selling it send me a pm and let me know. Ebay prices are ridiculous

I was one of those kids that quite liked the New Adventures figures and found them very playable.

The chubby bodies downgrades them but I do think they are a funky faction so to speak.

Image1466866278.248087.jpg

The next time any one here moans about negativity or not liking to hear about drama I will refer you all to this last week where depite conversation type posts bring made, folks are not interested. One could draw conclusions from this and it's not the first time this has happened.

I'm still gonna make posts as its fun to show off your stuff.

Gots me my Power Con stuff today. I flippen love the Wilkins print.
Has anybody opened the MUSCLES yet? Image1467300563.915478.jpg

Did you get the Mythic legions Man-At-Arms style Orc Kuzeh?

I love Dave Wilkins' work. What you don't see in the photo is the spot varnish on things like the armor, weapons and some details. It's super well printed. Expensive I bet.
For me personally, this is on of best interpretations of He-Man I have over seen so far. Dave really gets it. :)

Well the PowerCon exclusives are being sold by the case load on eBay now and you can get all three of the exclusives very easily now.
https://www.ebay.com/usr/huedude?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Weren't we told these were selling out and or only available from BBST after? The story on these kept changing so perhaps I got things wrong. Either way, folks can now get em.

So I broke down and bought the Filmation 2.0 Skeletor on eBay this week, and it arrived today with a 'grit of paint' stuck to his lower jaw. I'm perhaps more annoyed than I should be - but any ideas on how to remove it safely? :gah:

IMG_0282.JPG

Wow that is an awesome print. I wonder if there is a way for people or who didn't make it to power con to get one. The muscles are neat too. Brings back memories of my very early childhood.

Back