Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't know anything for certain. It's just another sign that there appears to be nothing happening for the Matty brands right now. They could be working hard behind the scenes on 2017 but at this point we have nothing solid to go on. Val did post over at the .Org that "I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet" and "I always have insider info, I just don't post it because confidentiality is important, as is maintaining relationships", so there is that glimmer of hope. I'm sure he has a good relationship with the Four Horsemen and may know what they have been working on, but I don't know what his inside connection would be at Mattel if he has one. We can always hope for the best despite the lack of information I guess.

The truth is nobody but Mattel knows if it's happening. Not even the 4HM know, at least up until recently anyways.

When Mattel say publicly that Snake Mountain is not happening then and only then will I believe that it's not happening. ;)

Last edited:
The truth is nobody but Mattel knows if it's happening. Not even the 4HM know, at least up until recently anyways.

When Mattel say publicly that Snake Mountain is not happening then and only then will I believe that it's not happening. ;)

Agreed. There is no indication either way. However I really believe this may be a case of no pr or brand person resulting in a lack of communication. I say don't hit the panic button just yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See I think it just case of priorities with Mattel and where the place their staff. It may just not be worth it either as these are small collector brands.

I don't know why they would pull them though if they sell. I want all the Filmation figures but they are always sold out. I would sub but I missed out before the stupid time window. I subbed for 3 thundercats subscriptions and there may be a chance they don't complete the main cats? I at least want those plus the main mutants. But I'll take any bones they toss my way.

Well Mattel make stuff for mass market and generally do not make small runs. Just look at all the Power Con Exclusives that are now being sold on eBay by the organizers. That order I am sure would be the very very minimum amount they can make but still quite a number to you or I but small for Mattel.

So if something is so small they are unlikely to want to invest even more money when they already know they are going to sell the quantity they have made.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2016/0...cs-and-mattel?abthid=57800a99f6504b3c1b000008

This article says that a comic book miniseries with start in October having a cross over between He-man and the Thundercats. It is coming via DC comics and Mattel. No way do they nix these lines. not yet. My guess is that maybe they will consider bring Filmation and thundercats to mass market....Maybe not but I doubt they would do this and kill the line.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2016/0...cs-and-mattel?abthid=57800a99f6504b3c1b000008

This article says that a comic book miniseries with start in October having a cross over between He-man and the Thundercats. It is coming via DC comics and Mattel. No way do they nix these lines. not yet. My guess is that maybe they will consider bring Filmation and thundercats to mass market....Maybe not but I doubt they would do this and kill the line.

I'd be up for Thundercats/MOTU cross over. Glad to see MOTU is not dead at DC. Thanks for sharing the news. :)

As for them both going to retail, what makes me doubt that is their currant packaging, they couldn't go to retail as packaging is closed and not intended for mass retail. Retail packaging is generally not like that. But it would be nice to see them at retail for sure.

Received Anti-Eternia He-Man today, actually a pretty cool figure.

28195509251_6d801c7942_b.jpg

28273938805_709bf99580_b.jpg

28170136722_267d8da85f_b.jpg

27992753120_854ea4e8a3_b.jpg

28170210472_6bca1ed270_b.jpg

Just posted this in the TC- thread. Anybody noticed the MOTUC symbol in the announcement?

Tara Z. from mattycollector said:
For the first time ever, we’re offering an SDCC Online Sale for fans attending the show AND those who couldn’t go! These exclusives will be available only at MattyCollector.com. Don’t miss this opportunity!

Logos_600px.jpg

2016 SDCC Online-Only Sale
These products won’t be sold at SDCC, but you can order them right here!
Starts: Monday, 7/18/16 at 9 a.m. PT (Open to everyone)
Ends: Sunday, 7/24/16 at 11:59 p.m. PT
Barbie® Amazon Princess Wonder Woman™ Doll ($80)
DC Comics™ Multiverse Wonder Woman™ Figure + Invisible Jet ($15)
Ever After High® Cedar Wood® SDCC 2016 Exclusive Marionette Doll ($30)
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe® She-Ra® ($75)
Hot Wheels® Star Trek™: ’64 Buick Riviera & Spock 1:64 Figure ($20)
Monster High® Ghostbusters Frankie Stein® Doll ($25)
Thomas & Friends™/DC Super Friends™ MINIS ($19.99)
ThunderCats™ WilyKit & WilyKat™ 2-Pack ($60)
Remember, if you see products you want, grab ‘em, because quantities are limited and these products will go faster than Wonder Woman™ in her jet!

Source: https://news.mattycollector.com/blo...-con-online-only-salestarts-718-for-everyone/

Back