Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never got into this line, so seeing these Filmation versions? Oh, Hell yes. Count me in for those, and I'm done. My nostalgia for MOTU is pretty much based on the cartoon and what few toys we could afford at the time, so they're definitely my ideal representations. I can't believe I'm saying this, but "Go Mattel!" :lol

Snake Mountain is bought!

Won't be subbing as I only want Masque,Vultak,Night Stalker and Sunder....the rest could care less for

The Filmation Sub I might sub for...I want Evil Seed

3fadd70f2662ad5c47269c433243e8e1.jpg
742ef0af2f34e9b8eff1d918c11fc60e.jpg
5eba5baed8e665578d369dff85e805e3.jpg
Loving these more the more I see them. Damn, I wish Hasbro would get a clue and do some GI Joes this same way.

I don't think they look cheap at all, and how can looking too much like the thing your're trying to represent be an issue? I don't have any of the classics, but if I had to choose the more detailed He-Man/ Skeletor or these ones, it would be filmation all the way.

Because there are already dozens of filmation figures in the line, and most of them are way more detailed than these. Filmation was a budget enterprise - they couldn't afford to have a lot of detail. No reason why filmation figures need to have that limitation

Those filmation figures are the only thing from this line in a long time that I've been very excited about. I'd love to see some more characters like these if the line continues. Also, they seem to be simplistic for a reason.. Nothing was really flashy or detailed in the show. It's perfect for anyone who wanted actual filmation characters.

I'm really happy with everything revealed for 2016 so far. I love that Mattel is now announcing the full lineup of figures even if they don't have them all sculpted yet. I thought 2015 would be my last year subscribing but I want all of these figures and they are lowering the price :thud: That is just unheard of in the toy industry and I applaud Mattel for passing some savings on to the customers here. I think this will go a long way to keep the sub going.

The Thundercats are awesome and the design/style pulled straight from MOTUC is exactly what I wanted from the line. The windswept hair sculpt for Lion-O makes the figure look very dynamic and I love it! I am all-in for this subscription as well.

Somehow lost in the shuffle I almost forgot about the repaints. Green Granamyr, Red Beast Man, Camo Khan, and Anti-matter He-man! Good gravy I want them all!

Great job Mattel :clap

Last edited:
When do subs for this month get charged and shipped? I'm in for the 200x line and was wondering when things start to happen with shipping and charging. I was under the impression it'd happen before they went on sale.

Anyone know when red beastman is out? I haven found anything about a release date.

New WIP. Obviously a lot of new paint apps. Wasn't a fan of Stratos' face sculpt. Dremeled it out and bought a monkey man head sculpt from ibmmt off ebay. Going with the unmasked Stratos for now with the helmet as an accessory. But I may buy another sculpt, carve it up and adhere it to the underside of his helmet to make a helmeted head. Not sure. Sorry for the high exposure on the white face.
20150711_140803.jpg

They need to be simple in order to be faithful to the source material. I don't want a Heman or Skeletor with a bunch of unnecesarry details that didn't have to begin with :dunno

Actually, it's Filmation that wasn't faithful to the true source material. They simplified the designs to make it easier to animate.

I don't get what the big stink is, I think they look great. I don't think they are actually supposed to "fit in" with the others in the line, it's sort of like how we have 200x figures and mini-comic figures and concept figures and movie figures. I think they would look great as stand alones, I grew up with the classic figues and watching the original cartoon after school and I love these!

That Despara looks great! When I think of Despara it makes me wonder if Hordak is wearing a mask...

The Filmation styled figures are a NEW LINE called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and are designed to look exactly like the cartoon characters. The Filmation characters that are currently in the "classics" line are "Classicized" versions of Filmation Characters.

They weren't designed to be PART of the "classics" line, although one could include them in their "classics" collection if they so desire since they are essentially the same style more or less and the same size. I don't see what the big deal is either since the entire "classics" line is a melting pot of several different styles, and is extremely inconsistent already.

The Teela that comes with the Talon Fighter is classified as Teela 2.0 and was not meant to go with the new HMATMOTU line, although her head and torso are newly sculpted, simplified designs that scream Filmation Teela.

Conspiracy Theory for July 11, 2015:

I believe the new Teela was put with the Talon Fighter because Mattel is aware of the demand for the figure and the many who are NOT willing to pay $150 or more for her on ebay. So they figure people will buy a vehicle they may not want just for the Teela, or they will see it as a better deal, then spending nearly the same amount of money for just a Teela figure and no Talon Fighter. Either way, I think it was a calculated move to include Teela as opposed to another random character, to help sell the vehicle.

I do dislike how Mattel is always asking the fans to preorder and putting it on them to keep the line going, like with Snake Mountain. Oh it might not happen if you guys don't throw your money at us, but it definitely won't look anything like the prototype. Cool?

Actually, it's Filmation that wasn't faithful to the true source material. They simplified the designs to make it easier to animate.

In a way,Filmation Ruined the He-Man character for me..especially him having the flamingo alter ego

Back