Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get this odd feeling they didn't want to pay Dolph for his likeness. :lol That headsculpt is kind of off-putting, really. A bit of a bummer.

Skeletor, however... Oh man. :yess:

Was ecstatic to see an official Conan figure until I noticed which design they went with. Sigh...

Tell me about it. Maybe if they fix the 'pinhead syndrome' he's got going on, I'll warm a bit more to it.

this is Conan

100_6913.jpg

Totally mistook the available in March thing. lol Preorders open in March, should ship June to July.

Snake Mountain preorders open in May. $600 with a 6 month or more flex payment.

The movie figs are by far the biggest win for me as far as this years toy fair goes. About damn time they pulled this off.

Conan could be cool with this leads to other (better) designs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Will definitely be buying the Skeletors, even though I normally only collect 1/6 figures. I'd love it if Super7 did a movie Beastman!

Ok so we all getting the movie based figures but who is willing to shell out $600 for Snake Mountain??

I'm pretty annoyed it's that expensive to be honest and the bluetooth features (which was suggested) are being dropped.

Ok so we all getting the movie based figures but who is willing to shell out $600 for Snake Mountain??

I'm pretty annoyed it's that expensive to be honest and the bluetooth features (which was suggested) are being dropped.

raises hand.. I am not thrilled about the price either,but The set is too iconic to pass on. Could care less about the stupid blue tooth. Hopefully it gets made in the Mattel factory along with they give us an actual delivery date by pre-order time in May.

raises hand.. I am not thrilled about the price either,but The set is too iconic to pass on. Could care less about the stupid blue tooth. Hopefully it gets made in the Mattel factory along with they give us an actual delivery date by pre-order time in May.

Additional features that make it seem more value for money is hardly stupid now is it? It had better well come with at least the microphone feature for that kinda cash.
I mean seriously, $600 for a plastic playset is just nuts.

Saying all that, it is extremely cool and iconic like you say and yes I hope it's made by the Mattel Factory too. Super 7 is expecting a lot from an already very disgruntled fanbase with asking fans to commit to $600 up front.

Additional features that make it seem more value for money is hardly stupid now is it? It had better well come with at least the microphone feature for that kinda cash.
I mean seriously, $600 for a plastic playset is just nuts.

Saying all that, it is extremely cool and iconic like you say and yes I hope it's made by the Mattel Factory too. Super 7 is expecting a lot from an already very disgruntled fanbase with asking fans to commit to $600 up front.

Bluetooth features will just jack it up to $700 though..but,yeah prices for everything collectible toys today is just about nuts anymore. While there are issues with Super7 and Brian Flynn's condescending talk, I do think its a bit over-blown some. I do hope super7 delivers on this playset and if they have any sense at all, this thing gets made at Mattel.

I gotta say it's kinda weird for folks to get hung up on the price of Snake Mountain when its near the equivalent of 2 or 3 Hot Toys figures that a lot of folks on this board buy. lol

Castle Grayskull was $300 or 250 for early adopters...but that was 6 years ago. I mean a small Lego style version of the Castle is gonna be going for $250 this year that's half the size of the classics toy. Super7 aren't as big as Mattel either and considering how gargantuan this thing is I don't think there's any feasible way they could of done it cheaper unless they just didn't do it at all, despite being one of the most wanted items since 2015.

I'm on the fence only because I got into the collecting MOTU game late and thus don't own Grayskull, but I'm totally envious of those that do and Snake Mountain just looks too cool to pass up. The Filmation figures look like they would display nicely what with the throne and meeting table.

I gotta say it's kinda weird for folks to get hung up on the price of Snake Mountain when its near the equivalent of 2 or 3 Hot Toys figures that a lot of folks on this board buy. lol

Castle Grayskull was $300 or 250 for early adopters...but that was 6 years ago. I mean a small Lego style version of the Castle is gonna be going for $250 this year that's half the size of the classics toy. Super7 aren't as big as Mattel either and considering how gargantuan this thing is I don't think there's any feasible way they could of done it cheaper unless they just didn't do it at all, despite being one of the most wanted items since 2015.

I'm on the fence only because I got into the collecting MOTU game late and thus don't own Grayskull, but I'm totally envious of those that do and Snake Mountain just looks too cool to pass up. The Filmation figures look like they would display nicely what with the throne and meeting table.

I'm agreeing for the most part. It all comes down to really how much you want something and how much you are willing to cut back on a certain line or necessity in order to obtain it.
For me personally I didn't get Grayskull either due to financial constraints at the time of its release, but now I can foreseeably afford the snake mountain set IF I want to work more overtime or cut back on other aspects of my collecting like pop vinyls and Neca with the alien and predator lines.

I'm sure as hell not. I really hope it turns out awesome, and everyone who gets it feels its worth the cost but there's no way I can justify that. It feels almost grossly overpriced but I won't argue it looks great. Definitely will be living vicariously through pics from the few of you who are going to go in on this. And really - I have no idea where I'd put it anyway. Castle Grayskull is already difficult to effectively display in my house so Snake Mountain was kind of always a pipe dream for me anyway.

at least know that New in box Grayskull's do still exist out there though

I haven't bought a MOTU item since Mattel's short-live 200X revival.

But man....the He-Man and Skeletor movie figures are something I owe my inner nine year old.

How difficult are these going to be to obtain? Will I have to buy that ugly-ass Karg figure if I want He-Man and the two Skeletors?

I haven't bought a MOTU item since Mattel's short-live 200X revival.

But man....the He-Man and Skeletor movie figures are something I owe my inner nine year old.

How difficult are these going to be to obtain? Will I have to buy that ugly-ass Karg figure if I want He-Man and the two Skeletors?

It will be easy to obtain. You can either pre-order all 4 of them from Super 7 (Payment required at time of pre-order) or you should be able to pre-order individual figures from BBTS.

Cool, thanks. I just didn't want to have to join some subscription club just for the three figures I want!

Back