Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok a few pics of my Ultimate filmation from Super 7

It turned better than expected. Ok it is maybe not the original Mattel version but in hand these figures are really cool!
The figures are less shiny than I thought even if the standard face of He-man is the most shiny... pity. Like the invert sheath... :slap
There are 2-3 little paint issues but nothing too boring.
Squeletor is quite perfect!
As they belong to my childhood, I couldn’t pass...

Yeah exactly, there are 3D print fan art. A guy in India I found on e-bay.
You can find him if you search «*Dragon tooth display stand*»

Well this pretty much blew my mind. Sound flippin amazing I think.....

ECSAmJRUcAAgzpD.jpeg

"According to Netflix's press release, Masters of the Universe: Revelation will be a new series picking up from where the original 80s animated series had left off. Resolving those older storylines, the series is being produced by Mattel Television with Rob David, VP of Mattel TV and author of He-Man: the Eternity War, serving as an executive producer on the series.

COMMENTS
Smith will serve as showrunner and executive producer, and feature Eric Carrasco (Supergirl), Tim Sheridan (Reign of the Supermen), Diya Mishra (Magic the Gathering) and Marc Bernardin (Alphas) as writers. The series will be animated by Powerhouse Animation, the studio behind the new Castlevania series too.

There were rumblings that Kevin Smith was working on a "nostalgic IP" ever since he announced that he was involved with one, but was coy on what that actually was. But Smith had this to say about the series' official announcement, "I’m Eternia-ly grateful to Mattel TV and Netflix for entrusting me with not only the secrets of Grayskull, but also their entire Universe. In Revelation, we pick up right where the classic era left off to tell an epic tale of what may be the final battle between He-Man and Skeletor! Brought to life with the most metal character designs Powerhouse Animation can contain in the frame, this is the Masters of the Universe story you always wanted to see as a kid!”"

Last edited:
So, reading rumors that S7 Classics is pretty much done?
Mattel will start cranking out figures and merchandise apparently...

Welp... the Stout Collection just arrived and it marks the end of this line... :(
Not unexpected, but bittersweet. I still think Classics is one of the BEST figure collections ever and I enjoyed collecting it greatly!

The last few things coming are the last Grayskull wave and Snake Mountain
RIP to this amazing line that got a second wind with Super7

It's sad to see this line end. I would have at least liked to have seen He-Man and Skeletor 200x before calling it quits.

The leaked list for Origins sounds great along with the vehicles and Castle Grayskull. Really excited to see them revealed at Toy Fair.

Not going to lie, I just really don't see who the target audience is for the new Origins line.

The classics line has been pretty great at updating the classic figures with the quality you expect now. If I wanted it a LOT more basic mold and articulation, I'd just get the originals. I don't think they even have the detail and looks to interest new kids for a new market. IMO, they just kinda look like cheap knockoffs.

I really want to like the Mondo figures, but there's something off on each one and I'm really not connecting with the line. Think that's me done with MOTU for the moment... unless someone does a high quality collector version of the 200X designs.

Back