Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She-Ra doll arrived. Box is crazy big but it's all a really lovely presentation. The doll itself is nice enough but I am puzzled as it says adult collector but feels more in line with other Mattel dolls. Either way I hope these dolls see retail and give us more characters.

I do have a spare if any one is interested.

5c2cc247a44e1acfcb6cff898bdf4114.jpg

a1270ce2f0fb4e48fff86b1a6d0c1f37.jpg

Great review, Eamon. I bought one myself but have yet to receive it. I had hopes of swapping the body for a Phicen one since I like everything about this figure except the body. I find it interesting that it came with the image of Castle Grayskull in the background as, even though Grayskull appears first during her transformation, the Crystal Castle is more prominent. Even though the Crystal Castle would have made more sense to me in the packaging it never made sense to me in the cartoon. He-Man and She-Ra's powers came from Grayskull to some extent, should Castle Grayskull have been the prominent image in both their transformations? That's just how I see things.

She-Ra doll arrived. Box is crazy big but it's all a really lovely presentation. The doll itself is nice enough but I am puzzled as it says adult collector but feels more in line with other Mattel dolls. Either way I hope these dolls see retail and give us more characters.

I do have a spare if any one is interested.

5c2cc247a44e1acfcb6cff898bdf4114.jpg

a1270ce2f0fb4e48fff86b1a6d0c1f37.jpg

From what I understand she has way more articulation than the normal doll in that size for Mattel and the amount of costumes she comes with is quite cool to warrant the price. Not a doll collector myself but as a He Man and She Ra fan I might cave in and try to get one when they have their final SDCC sale in a few weeks.

Eamon, do you think they will do male characters in this line or maybe even a few of the steeds ? Or even Swiftwind ?

I think super seven will continue the line but it will be series 2 and so on. I don't think they will release the first wave, if they do I think it won't be until later on in the series. Then again not really sure.

Well I did talk to Dolph for s bit and he said he'd would like to be King Grayskull when I mentioned the new movie.

Eamon, do you think they will do male characters in this line or maybe even a few of the steeds ? Or even Swiftwind ?

A male like say Bow would require a new body so if this doll sells well and the other two they showed at SDCC sell well then I think it's possible.

Took more pics of She-Ra doll.

60daf47e6f30fe66d94c415e7958f8b3.jpg

59cf3b9c9d8be4f8cca8e7cc656aed48.jpg

1ec520625f729cf0dae72f6e562f3a43.jpg

2ac0200c1f7ee33d8d4c07859825a58c.jpg

As this thread continues to be exciting and interactive here is the Despara figure that came this morning.

I guess some here are too manly to discuss a doll.

572331acb777f385f55135bcc09215d8.jpg

This is one of the few MOTUC figures I want in 2016, gutted it was the sub exclusive :( What is the paint and quality like? If it's up to scratch I might try and pick this up when I see it going for a decent price.

That doll is great Eamon! I am not a very big POP fan, but I bought the She-Ra doll. Haven't had the time to open her up yet, but the box is HUMONGOUS! The artwork on the outer box is really nice but I really wish Mattel would cut down on the packaging a bit for their SDCC exclusives. Sometimes they go way overboard.

Shoot Eamon thanks to your pictures I think I might have to track one down for my daughter. She loves the Classics line but I have never bought her a 1/6 figure yet.

Are these gong back on sale on Matty again or is it only eBay now?

@MagpieMad The quality on the Despara figure is pretty good, especially on the mask where they paint is especially good. A good figure over all. Krita, not so much. I am honestly wondering what other figures Super 7 could make? Aside from Mask of Power Demons which are pretty obscure.

@Zodach Yeah the POP box is crazy big and the art is decent, I of course wish I did it but i think the colors and tone is ideal. I would say the box is too big and it's not very collector friendly either as the doll is tied up and such. I also think she looks like a bit of a ***** and pulling a bit if a selfie face but the kids like that stuff...except this is an adult collectible...so you can see where I start to wonder about the thinking here. Regardless, it's a nice 'thing' to have.

@superdoug didn't someone say that Mattel will have a massive blow out later in the year so maybe. I actually bought two so I have a spare MIB for anyone in the Europe who is interested.

I pray that I can get one last shot at getting a Anti He Man figure before they shut down Matty for good. For a repaint he makes quite a striking figure.

Other than that I also vainly hope we get some surprise add ons in the sale like Grayskull, Castle Grayskull Man or even some really earlier releases.

It will be very interesting to see what will end up in the end of year sale. I wouldn't mind an extra Man-E-Face and Teela to have MIB. I do like to have a few MOTUC MIB. Not many just a few. Anyone else buy the odd extra one to keep MIB?

It will be very interesting to see what will end up in the end of year sale. I wouldn't mind an extra Man-E-Face and Teela to have MIB. I do like to have a few MOTUC MIB. Not many just a few. Anyone else buy the odd extra one to keep MIB?

It will be interesting yeah. If they are serious about closing up shop and clearing out inventory who knows what things will pop up ?

I have several figures MIB that are doubles. I have some of the main figures like He-Man, She-Ra, Man-At-Arms and a few others. Wish I had Skeletor and Teela to go with them. Then a few favorites like Fisto, Two Bad and Mantenna. Otherwise it is figures that I didn't have any where to display like Filmation Hordak and Standor and never opened up.

Also those She-Ra pics are great. I passed on her because of space and money but great to see how she turned out. Oh and that cover is cool.

I'm not sure what's left in the Matty warehouse that hasn't already been put up for sale recently. Many of the earlier figures were available during previous Black Friday sales and in the stock sent to Big Lots several years ago. Even Scott chimed in on He-man.org and said that the pre-2013 stuff is long gone as far as he knows. Ram-Man, Mantenna, and Horde Troopers were available in previous sales and sold out quickly. Unfortunately customer service stock is depleted for the Filmation He-man and Skeletor figures according to Matty so those will almost certainly not be coming back on the site. I am hoping they slash prices on some of the remaining inventory since I would like a few more Giant figures and more protective cases.

I have several figures MIB that are doubles. I have some of the main figures like He-Man, She-Ra, Man-At-Arms and a few others. Wish I had Skeletor and Teela to go with them. Then a few favorites like Fisto, Two Bad and Mantenna. Otherwise it is figures that I didn't have any where to display like Filmation Hordak and Standor and never opened up.

Oh I never bother to open variants like Filmation or Jelly Belly Hordak. Tempted to open Spirit of King Grayskull though as he'd be pretty cool inside Castle Greyskull...if I ever had the times to mess about with it. I "played" with it the Xmas it came out at that's it.

Back