Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another $5 price hike would be pretty extreme. $2 I can understand, but $5? I just can't see expenses having increased that much. I know in my industry, and probably many others, prices have gone up every year, it's not to the point where you increase your sale price by that kind of percentage. Oh well, who knows. $30 DoS I can understand, but not $30 per figure in the sub.

No problem Chev.

Yeah... 2015 is looking less likely judging by the tidbits here and there... there's only about a handful of B-list characters and I am not sure those are strong enough to convince people to sub, specially with the price increase...

Two-Bad! I knew it was "Two" something. Thanks Science Friction!

That is awesome looking. What does sub mean?

These figures are sold one of two ways.

Day of sale, and Sub, or Subscription, like a magazine suscription.

Every month, 1-4 figures go on sale. If you sign up for the subscription, you are billed each month ( or 4 times a year, if you choose the quarterly option) and the figures are mailed to you automaticly.

Some figures are ONLY avable via the subscription. Two-Bad is one of those.

Some Figures are Day of sale Only. these are generaly bonus items ( like the Skysled which went on sale this week) or convention exclusives.

so if you Want a Two-bad, you can either Sign up for the suscription, OR you can try to get one off the secondary market.
He's currently being pre-sold for roughly 80$ through the usual channels

TOTAL cost for a subscription is about 550$ or so a year, in chunks of 30-200$ a month.

Yeah... 2015 is looking less likely judging by the tidbits here and there... there's only about a handful of B-list characters and I am not sure those are strong enough to convince people to sub, specially with the price increase...

2015 WILL happen. It'l b e close, probobly JUST barely around 100%. 105 AT MOST I think.

2016 is the one i'm worried about.

I really think if this line is going to continue Mattel has to change more things. Whether they work or do not work, Mattel has to go farther to please their customer base or at least advertise. At this point it's crazy that they don't even advertise for MOTU in their own comic book. Obviously a new cartoon isn't going to sell MOTUC, but a direct to home movie, or series of movies like what DC does, with proper advertising, could help boost the line. Mattel needs to start pushing the line harder. Figures like 200X Teela and Sorceress are the kind of figures that could get new people into the line again because they are core characters. It won't help if the line doesn't get more advertising though.

If 2014 goes well, which I think with less DoS, Quartely shipping, things like head packs and better planned mini-subs, combined with stronger advertising and popular core character variants MOTUC could get a second wind.

I'd probably call it a day then. No one important will be left after 2014 anyway.

its looking that way for me too..

for me,after the '14 lineup...Rio Blast is really the last important figure to get for me

Oh and what I got to say about the NYCC "New Adventures figure" Vote...those NERDS better vote Tuskador! over Mara and Darius

I like NA fine.. but Mara and Darius are about as uninteresting as it gets for me. Tuskador would be my choice, easily, there is no competition. It's hard to stay interested in NA when Mattel dropped the ball on NA He-Man imo. That face.. what happened? It doesn't really resemble NA much at all, it's just a squishy face He-Man, lol. I love the rest of the figure though. I'm excited about Hydron, but not much after that except the Aliens. Those guys are awesome.

its looking that way for me too..

for me,after the '14 lineup...Rio Blast is really the last important figure to get for me

Until recently, I thought I'd be in for the end, but the line has lost a lot of the magic lately. I got my HT Hulk, my Shaak Ti statue, and I've been looking at the DCD stuff which I missed in the last few years and MOTU doesn't jazz me quite as much. I'm subbed for 2013 and 2014, but I have something over 60 MOTUC figures now and I'll have what I consider a huge collection at that point, even if far from complete.

Heck, when I was a kid I never had even 20 of them! :O

Until recently, I thought I'd be in for the end, but the line has lost a lot of the magic lately. I got my HT Hulk, my Shaak Ti statue, and I've been looking at the DCD stuff which I missed in the last few years and MOTU doesn't jazz me quite as much. I'm subbed for 2013 and 2014, but I have something over 60 MOTUC figures now and I'll have what I consider a huge collection at that point, even if far from complete.

Heck, when I was a kid I never had even 20 of them! :O

I feel the same way. I have or had close to or over 100 MOTUC figures and having them crammed on a bookshelf just became overwhelming. I'll be here until the end, but I really doubt I'll be subbing for 2015 if there's another price hike. There's just not enough characters left that I want at a $50 price point after shipping.

I feel the same way. I have or had close to or over 100 MOTUC figures and having them crammed on a bookshelf just became overwhelming. I'll be here until the end, but I really doubt I'll be subbing for 2015 if there's another price hike. There's just not enough characters left that I want at a $50 price point after shipping.

Yeah, I have 2 Filmation subs and an Eternia sub lite for 2013, 2 Eternias for 2014, but I can't imagine grabbing more than one 2015. And if the price goes up, I think I'll just be glad to not have to deal with DR or ToyGuru anymore and buy something else for less money and less frustration. I'll have a MOTUC collection beyond anything I dreamed I ever would by then.

Maybe if they finally do Beast-Man 2.0 and Teela 2.0 I'll think about it! ;)

It would be strange if MOTUC cost as much as an imported Bandai Japan figure. I just don't see how they can push that kind of price point. I'll pay more to finish out the line, but I can't see the sub going through if that happens.

I like NA fine.. but Mara and Darius are about as uninteresting as it gets for me. Tuskador would be my choice, easily, there is no competition. It's hard to stay interested in NA when Mattel dropped the ball on NA He-Man imo. That face.. what happened? It doesn't really resemble NA much at all, it's just a squishy face He-Man, lol. I love the rest of the figure though. I'm excited about Hydron, but not much after that except the Aliens. Those guys are awesome.

Funny thing, it's just a shaved King He-man head.

Yeah, I have 2 Filmation subs and an Eternia sub lite for 2013, 2 Eternias for 2014, but I can't imagine grabbing more than one 2015. And if the price goes up, I think I'll just be glad to not have to deal with DR or ToyGuru anymore and buy something else for less money and less frustration. I'll have a MOTUC collection beyond anything I dreamed I ever would by then.

Maybe if they finally do Beast-Man 2.0 and Teela 2.0 I'll think about it! ;)

And then when it's done, they announce Club Thudaria.

Oh and what I got to say about the NYCC "New Adventures figure" Vote...those NERDS better vote Tuskador! over Mara and Darius

No kidding... Tuskador is the coolest looking character of all 3... but after the SDCC fiasco where Huntara won over Lord Masque, I wouldn't be surprised if Tuskador doesn't win... :monkey2

When is Mattel going to get around to releasing a 200X He-Man MOTC? All they need to do is sculpt new Forearm Bracelets, A Chest harness, loincloth and a new head, right? Heck, they don't have to make any new parts for a 200X Battle Cat. Just use the base Battle cat body and the new Battle Lion armor. What's the hold up? I think this would really help sales. RELEASE THEM AS A SET.

When is Mattel going to get around to releasing a 200X He-Man MOTC? All they need to do is sculpt new Forearm Bracelets, the loincloth with the pouch and a new head, right? Heck, they don't have to make any new parts for a 200X Battle Cat. Just use the base Battle cat body and the new Battle Lion armor. What's the hold up? I think this would really help sales.

Don't need new bracelets, just use the ones from Vykron

Skuplt a pouch on King greyskulls fuzzy panties.

Same head, New hair ( it's a separate part anyways)

Battle Cat is already compatable with Battle Lion's armor. TG confirmed this yesterday. and its intentional.

Back