Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will give that article a read at lunch.

Does anybody have a NA He-Man they don't want? I would like have MIB one as I really like him.
Though I would also take a loose helmeted head as my one has weird eye pain app.

I also seem to have two Filmation Subs so I now have a spare Iver if anybody wants him?!

So I got around to opening my July figs, I kinda wished I hadn't. I had been teetering on the notion of possibly signing up for 2014, even though I know I shouldn't, but the July figures have swayed me back to not subbing.

Both Clamp Champ and NA He-Man seem kind of rubbery. This is something I've noticed with the figures the past year or so, is that the plastic isn't as rigid as the earlier figures in the line. Also, Clamp Champ has terrible paint apps on the eyes. One is significantly larger and lower than the other.

The Mini masters I got are really cool though. One thing I've really liked about Matty is their packaging, especially on the SDCC exclusives. The whole mini-castle display really sells the whole set. It'll be a shame if we don't at least get a few more of these.

So I'm kind of torn, on one hand I think it would be nice to finish out the vintage line with Two Bad and Modulok as well as finish off the Snake Men. But on the other hand I think I'm just too burnt out on MOTU. I hardly have any figures on display anymore, even after selling off a bunch of the unwanted figures I had.

I got my rock-men today. Let me tell you, they are amazing figures. Really some of the best 1/12 figures I've ever seen!

Sub is at 57% with 8 days to go

That's not good. Even with a big last minute surge I don't know if it's realistic to expect 100%. I really don't see how 2015 is going to make it if there is a price increase. I was hoping for at least one more full year but that may not happen.

Well... looks better but still far from great...

MOTUMeter_600x600_v8.jpg

I have a feeling subs will fall a bit short... or maybe around 80-90%...
People are pushing for this to happen... but seems unlikely.
We shall see if WE HAVE THE POWER afterall....

That's not good. Even with a big last minute surge I don't know if it's realistic to expect 100%. I really don't see how 2015 is going to make it if there is a price increase. I was hoping for at least one more full year but that may not happen.
It's not as bad as it sounds.

take a look at last year, and remember we got an extra 40% in the LAST DAY due to online retailers placing their fairly massive orders.

9455664292_a1f88273ab_z.jpg

Also, we're more or less "in-step" with where we were last year.

Yeah, that jump last year was shocking. I will remain hopeful that loads of customers and resellers are waiting until the last few days.

I'm not worried… then again I also am none too invested in 2014 happening. It would be nice but I have already gotten more stuff I wanted than I ever expected to.

Still as lerath points out it's more or less the same as last year. A little lower but that's to be expected at this point. I'm also not entirely convinced Mattel is actually giving us real numbers.

Well, apparently BBTS has already placed 2 sets of orders... so, I don't expect more re-sellers buying that many subs this week... :dunno

I'm pretty sure that BBTS hasn't ordered yet. YES, they're taking pre-orders, but I expect they will use that to PLACE their orders on the last day, like they did last year.

I'm not worried… then again I also am none too invested in 2014 happening. It would be nice but I have already gotten more stuff I wanted than I ever expected to.

Still as lerath points out it's more or less the same as last year. A little lower but that's to be expected at this point. I'm also not entirely convinced Mattel is actually giving us real numbers.

can't see any real reason why they wouldn't. why would they need to lie?

BBTS does notoriously put up preorders very early, often before the manufacturer has even given them a price which sometimes results in the initial preorder price being lower than it should be. They do honor those prices though, happened to me a couple of times.

So I can believe they'd put up the PO without having put in their order. There's not really any difference to them, they won't know if they can actually get the figures until after the subscription sale has ended anyway. They just would end up having Mattel sit on their money longer.

can't see any real reason why they wouldn't. why would they need to lie?

A real obvious one, to increase sales. I'm not saying that's what they're doing, it's nothing that could ever be proven one way or another. Just saying I can see it as a possibility given their track record.

there is no way 2015 will happen....especially since Scott said prices are going higher for 2015.(they won't tell you that now when they have 2014 subs to sell)

Will 2014 happen? regardless of the "surge" that supposedly happened last year,this year could be a different story regardless of last year's stats

Back