Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clamp champ looks great....just in time for selling the 2014 subs to declare a Vintage character having no day of sales...that should strike fear into those to buy a 2014 Sub

So anyone else get their shipment WAY faster than usual this month? Normally takes at least two weeks to get to me from shipment date to delivery, sometimes longer. This time it only took four business days, date of shipment included.

Wow. Thanks alot Matty for making Clamp Champ for those of us bot on the 2013 sub... WTF??? Well, guess the $38-$45 ebay scalper fee is coming my way. Anyone here double up on the sub that may end up with a extra Clamp for a fellow Freak?
Edit::: hahaha snagged Clawful loose complete for $28.50. Talked a guy down on "or best offer" from $35 shipped down to $28.50. I think thats it for June. May start back up around mid July. Still need Octavia, and maybe a Clamo Champ anyone?;)

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks alot Matty for making Clamp Champ for those of us bot on the 2013 sub... WTF??? Well, guess the $38-$45 ebay scalper fee is coming my way. Anyone here double up on the sub that may end up with a extra Clamp for a fellow Freak?
Edit::: hahaha snagged Clawful loose complete for $28.50. Talked a guy down on "or best offer" from $35 shipped down to $28.50. I think thats it for June. May start back up around mid July. Still need Octavia, and maybe a Clamo Champ anyone?;)

Clamp will show up again,but not this year(same with Fang-man)...He will show up again as early access or day of sale next year (if he doesn't sell out before then in early access)

If you read the wording carefully,its says no day of sale for 2013...and the only way to get him in July is if you're a subscriber

this indicates to me that they made him for the Subscribers this year and remaining stock will be used for next year as what they been doing every month selling older and left over customer stock...so you'd have a chance if you can wait

Clamp will show up again,but not this year(same with Fang-man)...He will show up again as early access or day of sale next year (if he doesn't sell out before then in early access)

If you read the wording carefully,its says no day of sale for 2013...and the only way to get him in July is if you're a subscriber

this indicates to me that they made him for the Subscribers this year and remaining stock will be used for next year as what they been doing every month selling older and left over customer stock...so you'd have a chance if you can wait

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Matty doesn't have any diabolical scheme here--of course they'll sell off the customer service stock if any is left. But considering they're only making this for subscribers, it's very possible that this will be another figure like Fisto and the Sorceress that there's no customer service stock leftover for whatsoever.

And if there are a few extra pieces that go up for sale, I'm sure they'll sell out in minutes through early access anyway a year from now. One way or the other, only subscribers are getting Clamp Champ.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Matty doesn't have any diabolical scheme here--of course they'll sell off the customer service stock if any is left. But considering they're only making this for subscribers, it's very possible that this will be another figure like Fisto and the Sorceress that there's no customer service stock leftover for whatsoever.

And if there are a few extra pieces that go up for sale, I'm sure they'll sell out in minutes through early access anyway a year from now. One way or the other, only subscribers are getting Clamp Champ.

you have no idea what I am saying? :cuckoo: you basically just stated what I just said may happen....they will have extra customer stock to sell off into next year,sure it will be very limited,but its still a chance to get him through Matty AND if you get a 2014 Sub,guess who gets early access in 2014? or quit whining and pay the secondary market prices for clamp champ or buy a sub next year

Mattel said this was going to happen...so unfortunately those who don't subscribe to cherry pick will have to pay more to obtain those figures.I am not saying I like it myself,but it is what it is

And this is why I haven't purchased anything since Ram Man. I'm sick of the games and trying to jump through Matty's hoops all the damn time. Way, way beyond sick actually.

One day, after the line has finished (as all lines eventually do), and interest has waned (as is all but inevitable after a line folds) I'll pick up any pieces that I wanted but missed out on. And if that still leaves me with holes in my collection, then so be it.

I can't believe that I actually bailed on this line earlier this year, given that I have always been a hardcore MOTU fan and collector, but years worth of poor decisions, and even worse treatment of the customer base will take it's toll. I salute the tenacity of those that are still sticking it out, but I just didn't want to deal with Matty's crap any more.

Hope everyone still in the game gets everything they want out of it.

Tonight is a rarity - not one, but two reviews that cover female action figures! I'm checking out the latest MOTUC release, the evil Octavia, while guest reviewer Jeff Parker hits up Amy Pond from Big Chief. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Well I think we'll see leading off the 2014 lineup

Mermista (the $38 price point will be multi-packs... Glimmer/Kowl)
Two Bad
Horde Trooper
Eldor (sub exclusive)
Goatman (travel exclusive)
Stridor (2nd quarter $40 reveal)

remaining of the year

Hydron
Tung Lashor
Scorpia
Ninjor
Rio Blast or Lord Dactus (one of these may show up this year in '13)
Lizard Man
Evil Seed (comic con which version vote)
Sweet Bee
Lodar

NA Skeletor,Filmation Hordak with Imp $38 price point,and $35 Holiday item Modulok

They only have the rights to Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor at this point since they were made as figures in the vintage line. I think Scott has a place for them since they are considered vintage MOTU and honestly I would like to see them before the likes of Rotar, Twistoid, or the Meteorbs. I really don't want to see any of those in the sub.

They only have the rights to Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor at this point since they were made as figures in the vintage line. I think Scott has a place for them since they are considered vintage MOTU and honestly I would like to see them before the likes of Rotar, Twistoid, or the Meteorbs. I really don't want to see any of those in the sub.

I agree...Blade and Saurod will be awesome in MOTU Classics form...

oddly though,both of these do not have Mattel trademarks

I'm not keeping my Clamp Champ. I'm not sure what I'll do with him, but it's one of the few sub figures my friends don't want so far. This coupled with Fang Man will have to increase the 2014 sub sales. This is my first and last time with the sub though, I'm happy with just He-Man and Skeletor for the most part.

Blade could become
"Evil Henchman Blade"

" Blade the Evil Warrior"

"Blade, Skeletor's Master of weapons"

I guess... or Blades...

Icer looks great

Yes he does!!! I quite like it!!
Even thinking about getting a second one...
1044976_556726521036397_968395235_n.jpg

1005136_556726524369730_627419403_n.jpg

Evil Master of Cold.....very inspired description that!

And very truth to the vintage line! :lol

And this is why I haven't purchased anything since Ram Man. I'm sick of the games and trying to jump through Matty's hoops all the damn time. Way, way beyond sick actually.

One day, after the line has finished (as all lines eventually do), and interest has waned (as is all but inevitable after a line folds) I'll pick up any pieces that I wanted but missed out on. And if that still leaves me with holes in my collection, then so be it.

I can't believe that I actually bailed on this line earlier this year, given that I have always been a hardcore MOTU fan and collector, but years worth of poor decisions, and even worse treatment of the customer base will take it's toll. I salute the tenacity of those that are still sticking it out, but I just didn't want to deal with Matty's crap any more.

Hope everyone still in the game gets everything they want out of it.

I'm in the exact same position. This is the second time that Mattel's practices and handling of the line have drove me away from a franchise I once loved. I quit back in 200x when they became impossible to find at retail, and I quit this because of the sales model they decided to go with and prices they cost.

But I'm happy with what I've decided to keep, and even more happy that I was able to make a nice little sum from the stuff I decided to sell. Looking at Teemu's proposed 2014 lineup, there would be only 1 figure I really would want, Two Bad, and maybe Stridor, but since I sold my Fisto I really have no place for Stridor either.

Back