Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No clue, I have been totally out of the loop on this stuff since the Hordak release. I was just waiting for them to release Panthor and more Horde guys.

This I suspect is a doomed project. I bought some Crayola air-dry clay without thinking too much about it. Joe Amaro who did an excellent Castle Grayskull custom stated that he used "cheap Crayola clay" for the skin. This sounded excellent and a search on Amazon turned up a 2.5 lb. bucket of "Crayola clay" which was pretty cheap.

Now knowing what I do about ceramics and looking at this clay in retrospect and what it's stated to be made from I suspect it's going to shrink as it dries. This means since I built it over a sub-structure it's going to crack up as it shrinks. The packaging says nothing about shrinking but also doesn't say it doesn't shrink.

I hope I'm wrong but I suspect this particular version of this cliffside stand I made for Panthor to stand on is doomed. Oh well, I learned about skulpting rocks a bit so I'll probably do better next time. I think I'll buy some of the cheapest Sculpy for the next go.

I wanted to take some pics though before what I am guessing is the inevitable destruction.

5745310118_6744766f9e_b.jpg

5745313184_a96feb1f1a_b.jpg

5744770057_d250ace808_b.jpg

5745319400_4e65fdf6a8_b.jpg

5745322442_4e9b1c1edc_b.jpg

With all the other MOTUC stuff, Marvel Universe 3 3/4" figures and Hot Toys figures I buy: and that on a disability salary, I don' think I can afford $15 plus shipping for that, but the are nice.

The are pricey, but they're also hand cast and painted. The unfortunate result of micro-runs like that is the price. The stuff in the store is also made-to-order.

In store, what store carries them. I have my Kronus standing behind Trap-jaw, without any weapons, he look like he missing something.

Well I'll have to wait on my disability check or full disability for that. Not trying to cry on your shoulder, but after Riding, harrassing and bulling me for a year and a half (Union was usless) , and on top of that forcing me to do a job I couldn't do for months caused me to have a nervious break down. Am just about a complete shut in now. :monkey2

This I suspect is a doomed project. I bought some Crayola air-dry clay without thinking too much about it. Joe Amaro who did an excellent Castle Grayskull custom stated that he used "cheap Crayola clay" for the skin. This sounded excellent and a search on Amazon turned up a 2.5 lb. bucket of "Crayola clay" which was pretty cheap.

Now knowing what I do about ceramics and looking at this clay in retrospect and what it's stated to be made from I suspect it's going to shrink as it dries. This means since I built it over a sub-structure it's going to crack up as it shrinks. The packaging says nothing about shrinking but also doesn't say it doesn't shrink.

I hope I'm wrong but I suspect this particular version of this cliffside stand I made for Panthor to stand on is doomed. Oh well, I learned about skulpting rocks a bit so I'll probably do better next time. I think I'll buy some of the cheapest Sculpy for the next go.

I wanted to take some pics though before what I am guessing is the inevitable destruction.

5745310118_6744766f9e_b.jpg

5745313184_a96feb1f1a_b.jpg

5744770057_d250ace808_b.jpg

5745319400_4e65fdf6a8_b.jpg

5745322442_4e9b1c1edc_b.jpg

I wouldn't worry too much about how much it shrinks, what you'll want to watch out for is it crumbling around the edges. I haven't used crayola clay before, but I know some people who have, done right it turns out great, looks like you've got a good start just keep an eye on the thinner areas.

Well, I think I'm gonna call on Monday and cancel my sub. I've pretty much reach the point of getting figures now that I don't care to have. Any figure I really want from here on out will be few and I'll get them whenever. Hell, I still have several months worth of figures still in their boxes and will look to sell those soon.

i fear that when the smoke clears in 5 years, i'll be the only one left with a complete set of figures.

The only ones Im collecting are the ones that I had as a child. I have no interest in the She-Ra crap they are putting out. Its all Masters, Skeletors Evil Forces, Snake Men and the Horde for me. Granted Hordak first showed up in Princess of Power cartoon, but thats besides the point. :p

i fear that when the smoke clears in 5 years, i'll be the only one left with a complete set of figures.

I will too Craw. I collected all the MOTU figures when I was a kid and can't help but be a completest with this line now too.

I will too Craw. I collected all the MOTU figures when I was a kid and can't help but be a completest with this line now too.

That makes 3 of us. I had to have as many as I could as a kid, same as now. it's really the only line I have the resources to collect right now. I pick up the occasional Star Wars or DCUC figs but this is the one I am hardcore about. By all means those of you who don't feel the same more power (of Greyskull:lol) to you. If you only want certain figures thats great. Collect the ones that make you happy. Thats what this hobby is about. I think too often we (myself included) forget that. It your money MIB or loose. Masters only or the whole MOTUC universe. It's all gravy in the end.

Back