Master Works/ Iminime Sherlock figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like Trevor's original but to me the BCS suffers from PVC production problems. Jake's paint looks tops though. I agree the MW head has some problems but I think its in the paint. And Im not saying its bad paint. In fact, Im a big fan of the more subtle paint aps that seem to be common with Asian painters. But this example hasn't emphasized the top lip as much and it's such a pronounced part of his face. I think I will be giving mine a touch if I can ever find the time.

I really like Trevor's original but to me the BCS suffers from PVC production problems. Jake's paint looks tops though. I agree the MW head has some problems but I think its in the paint. And Im not saying its bad paint. In fact, Im a big fan of the more subtle paint aps that seem to be common with Asian painters. But this example hasn't emphasized the top lip as much and it's such a pronounced part of his face. I think I will be giving mine a touch if I can ever find the time.

:goodpost:

I agree the BCS Sherlock has some issues, though I think they erred on the side of caution after the criticism they had of the Tenth Doctor stubble paint apps and made him very pale. As for MW it's a mystery to me why I don't like it more - I thought the unpainted sculpt looked incredible.

I believe the only way to really know would be to have the two sculpts side by side, both unpainted then painted by the same painter. Still in the end it would be personal opinion.

I believe the only way to really know would be to have the two sculpts side by side, both unpainted then painted by the same painter. Still in the end it would be personal opinion.

Then put that picture on the Sherlock facebook page away from the message boards, where fans of the show can see it.

Well, we are both fans of the show and a message board. FB is a message board. There will always be fans of both and both sides have made good points.

de8ateje.jpg

Here ya go, I'll post mine.

sent from The Leaky Cauldron

juntao did you get the Iminime figure? If so, did you dump the headsculpt? I will take if off your hands if you have no use for it! :D

No I don't, sorry. I bought the outfit from a buddy of mine. I think he wanted the head for a custom Kahn.

I guess it's a mix of not being familiar and not having this in hand but I think the original sculpt and paint-up are amazing. To my "unsharpened, non-fan" eye, the pale skin tone looks to be more accurate to TV stills than the darker paint apps. I think the likeness falls within 85%, which is nearly as good as it gets because no sculpt is 100%

Great outfit on this too. Beautiful fig and congrats to the fans!!

No I don't, sorry. I bought the outfit from a buddy of mine. I think he wanted the head for a custom Kahn.

Butchering 1 of a 20 piece run. Injustice

Back